A great quote......

A great quote......

Postby Ego Tripping » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:17 am

Dundee United chairman Eddie Thompson has died after a long illness. He recently said this which i think sums up what football is really about

"You can change your wife, your house, your car but you can never change your team. Chairmen come and go, boards come and go but the fans remain. They are the one true constant. I've just been a custodian of the club."

RIP

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee_utd/7670895.stm
Ego Tripping

Re: A great quote......

Postby slackAlice » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:45 pm

"You can change your wife, your house, your car but you can never change your team. Chairmen come and go, boards come and go but the fans remain. They are the one true constant. I've just been a custodian of the club."

Excellent sentiment that and sums the whole 'football supporting game' up - beautiful.
slackAlice

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Some great Football Quote's here;

http://www.footballeconomy.com/quotes.htm

just a couple I picked out

"I am in a good position at the moment because no-one is running the club. I am hoping there is nobody out there to sack me." - Stuart Murdoch - Wimbledon

"Soccer is the biggest thing that's happened in creation. It's bigger than any 'ism' you can name."- Alan Brown

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes."- Brian Clough

"If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day."- Neville Southall
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Aal » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:24 pm

Twas especially sad for the family cos Thomson's son-in-law died in a motorbike accident a few weeks ago. RIP
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby ezz » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:40 pm

Shankley came out with some corkers that always make me laugh!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby scalehallshrimp » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:51 pm

wonder if he was anything to do with thomsons newspapers who produced the sunday post
scalehall shrimp
scalehallshrimp

Return to General Discussion