How difficult is it to move contracted players on?

How difficult is it to move contracted players on?

Postby Ned » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:23 pm

Whether we get relegated or manage to survive am I correct in thinking that we will be stuck with the same squad of players as they are all on 2 year contracts with the exception of Howe and O’Carroll. Based on what we have seen this season the current squad will continue to struggle in either league and as such there is a strong case for replacing the whole back four and the bulk of the midfield.
Again based on what we have seen it is unlikely that any league 2 or progressive Conference Premier club will be knocking our door down to sign our contracted players for free never mind paying a fee for them. The players will be well aware their stock has fallen and could well sit out their contract. How do you resolve this?
Ned

Re: How difficult is it to move contracted players on?

Postby Neil G » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:40 pm

Negative Ned wrote:Whether we get relegated or manage to survive am I correct in thinking that we will be stuck with the same squad of players as they are all on 2 year contracts with the exception of Howe and O’Carroll. Based on what we have seen this season the current squad will continue to struggle in either league and as such there is a strong case for replacing the whole back four and the bulk of the midfield.
Again based on what we have seen it is unlikely that any league 2 or progressive Conference Premier club will be knocking our door down to sign our contracted players for free never mind paying a fee for them. The players will be well aware their stock has fallen and could well sit out their contract. How do you resolve this?

Give it a rest Ned, you ask a question to deflect the emphasis away from your usual swipe at the players, management and club in general, some of the stuff you write could be agreed with but we don't need regular updates of what effectively is the same old bollocks each time you post. There now, you got me wound up enough to use the angry smilie now feck off. :x
Neil G

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:24 pm

How difficult is it to move contracted players on? Unfortunately it's probably just as difficult as it is to move moaning gits off message boards! Did you expect us to take Div 2 by storm? I like many other true supporters certainly didn't, but I'm satisfied that we have a board of forward thinking directors who are trying their damdest to move the club onto bigger and better things; despite the dificult financial climate which currently exists. We may have to bump along the bottom of Div 2 for a while longer but if we all stick together the future could be very bright indeed.

In your case Negative Ned I don't think you are a Morecambe supporter at all! A troll yes, but Morecambe supporter, I'm beginning to think not. You only ever appear on here when we have a blip and through thinly veiled support for the club use hindsight to snipe every time something doesn't go our way. Well that's football my friend and we can all be wise after the event. For the vast majority on here we will continue to support the club through thick and thin, whereas you my friend can dissappear back to whereever you come from.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Howe Magic » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:50 pm

I totally agree with burnley shrimp regarding negative neds comments about the club....Its only about 5 years ago we nearly got relegated from the conference so to see where we are now means the club are doing the right things on and off the pitch even though we have had a poor start to this season... All clubs go through tricky spells take spurs for example they won the carling cup less than a year ago and now they cant even buy a win even though they have spent 50 million plus on players....So a message to negative ned when we beat rochdale on saturday why dont you come on the board and praise the club for once...Also instead of constantly putting the team,management and club down and talk about relegation why not support the team it might just help
Howe Magic

Postby campdave » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Without knowing the exact nature of their contracts, what exactly do you want us to tell you?
campdave

Postby Phoenix » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:59 pm

they are all on 2 year contracts

To start with, Bell & Taylor are on 1 year and those that are on 2 year are at various stages of those 2 years with some ending next summer. Typical negative twist on the real facts.
Phoenix

Postby james456 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:13 pm

Well on footy manager, you can offer "mutual termination" of contract to a player.

:P

Although I dont see why they would choose to leave and go to the likes of droylsden as an alternative...
james456

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:42 pm

See this is a case of Ned starting his own thread when he didn't need to, a number of posters myself included have discussed about length of contracts for some players and how it is difficult to bring new faces in at the moment which we are all aware of so why didnt he just mention it on one of the other threads.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Mr Munnings » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:48 pm

It is a pointless question because we dont know the real reason for its asking

Ned could be any of the following?

1 A player
2 A relative of a player
3 A parent of a former player
4 Someone who doesnt support Morecambe at all
5 Rosemary the switchboard operator
6 A former manager
7 A relative of a former manager
8 A former director
9 A relative of a former director
10 My old head teacher
11 That bloke who used to throw sweets to us at the empire on a saturday afternoon
12 One of the official supporters who used to take an AA guide and tell us when we had reached junction 19
13 A former player
14 A Dolly Blue fan
15 A Dolly blue player who once had a trial at Morecambe and got told you'd be better playing for Heysham Blue Star
16 One of those annoying people who ask for their gherkin to removed of their big mac
17 a regular writer of poems sent in to the visitor that we all have to put up with when all we want to read about is the state of the prom toilets
18 "Loyal Supporter" who constantly writes in to complain about away parking charges and why Road Sweepers always miss the fag ends in the drains
19 A former used car salesman
20 Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen's Cravat

Any more suggestions?
Mr Munnings

Postby campdave » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:48 pm

P/T Indie wrote:See this is a case of Ned starting his own thread when he didn't need to, a number of posters myself included have discussed about length of contracts for some players and how it is difficult to bring new faces in at the moment which we are all aware of so why didnt he just mention it on one of the other threads.

Don't think I've ever seen Ned join in on a thread he hasn't started. Doesn't get as much attention that way.
campdave

Postby Martin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:58 pm

Mr Munnings wrote:It is a pointless question because we dont know the real reason for its asking

1 A player
2 A relative of a player
6 A former manager
8 A former director
10 My old head teacher
11 That bloke who used to throw sweets to us at the empire on a saturday afternoon
12 One of the official supporters who used to take an AA guide and tell us when we had reached junction 19
13 A former player
14 A Dolly Blue fan
15 A Dolly blue player who once had a trial at Morecambe and got told you'd be better playing for Heysham Blue Star
16 One of those annoying people who ask for their gherkin to removed of their big mac
17 a regular writer of poems sent in to the visitor that we all have to put up with when all we want to read about is the state of the prom toilets
18 "Loyal Supporter" who constantly writes in to complain about away parking charges and why Road Sweepers always miss the fag ends in the drains

Any more suggestions?

Good grief, is Rosemary still operating that switchboard? :lol:
Martin

Postby marky » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:06 pm

P/T Indie wrote:See this is a case of Ned starting his own thread when he didn't need to, a number of posters myself included have discussed about length of contracts for some players and how it is difficult to bring new faces in at the moment which we are all aware of so why didnt he just mention it on one of the other threads.

Same reason Bryan, CC, Howe Magic, etc all start their own threads?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Ned » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:34 pm

[quote="Neil G"]
some of the stuff you write could be agreed with

Glad to hear that as someone needs to keep the pressure on to ensure complaceny does not set in at this club as it did at Mansfield and Wrexham last season. For the record the majority of posters on their message boards did not believe they would go down and then when reality appeared the very same posters then switched their emphasis on coming straight back up at the first attempt. Do not underestimate the power of public opinion.
Ned

Postby Ned » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:42 pm

Mr Munnings wrote:It is a pointless question because we dont know the real reason for its asking

1 A player
2 A relative of a player
6 A former manager
8 A former director
10 My old head teacher
13 A former player
14 A Dolly Blue fan

Any more suggestions?

No.13 fits the bill
Ned

Postby wijit » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:49 pm

Negative Ned wrote:Whether we get relegated or manage to survive am I correct in thinking that we will be stuck with the same squad of players as they are all on 2 year contracts with the exception of Howe and O’Carroll. Based on what we have seen this season the current squad will continue to struggle in either league and as such there is a strong case for replacing the whole back four and the bulk of the midfield.

Jesus wept! Millions of years of evolution and THIS is what we get..........
wijit

Postby Mr Munnings » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:51 pm

Negative Ned wrote:

1 A player
2 A relative of a player
6 A former manager
8 A former director
10 My old head teacher
13 A former player
14 A Dolly Blue fan

Any more suggestions?

No.13 fits the bill

Thank you for that
former Morecambe FC player?
since 1994?

I think a lot of people on here are realistic but not complacent Ned
The club has seen heavy defeats over the years and then bounced back with winning performances
One hopes that will be the case on Saturday as we sure need a win
Mr Munnings

Postby shrimper » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:53 pm

If you mean 'a former player for Morecambe', I don't believe you Ned.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby wijit » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:54 pm

shrimper wrote:If you mean 'a former player for Morecambe', I don't believe you Ned.

Could he mean former "playa", as in the "Gangsta" sense?
wijit

Postby Paul Mac » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:37 pm

MRH wrote:

1 A player
2 A relative of a player
6 A former manager
8 A former director
10 My old head teacher
13 A former player
14 A Dolly Blue fan

Any more suggestions?

Good grief, is Rosemary still operating that switchboard? :lol:

Could be! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Postby Ned » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:29 pm

shrimper wrote:If you mean 'a former player for Morecambe', I don't believe you Ned.

And I don't believe your weekly predictions on the teams results are based on anything other than wishfull thinking
Ned

Postby Aspers » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:14 am

I played for Morecambe reserves in a couple of matches in 1976.

I'm not negative ned honest.

I actually played more for Lancaster Res and had lots of fun with the lads there but don't tell blueisthecolour.
Aspers

Postby Freez » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:03 am

You beat me by three years then, played for the ressies in 79/80.
And I'm still positive :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Keith » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:55 am

Negative Ned wrote:

And I don't believe your weekly predictions on the teams results are based on anything other than wishfull thinking

Touche! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ned frequently starts his own column of negativity but rarely, if ever, offers any kind of answer or suggestion. So as an attempt to engage him in a wider debate...

Ned, who would you play on Saturday and why?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby sgt major » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:00 am

Aspers wrote:I played for Morecambe reserves in a couple of matches in 1976.

I'm not negative ned honest.

I actually played more for Lancaster Res and had lots of fun with the lads there but don't tell blueisthecolour.

Wayne - I hope that wasnt fun in the players comunial bath :shock: :shock: :shock:
sgt major

Postby shrimper » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:03 am

Keith wrote:
Negative Ned wrote:

Touche! :lol: :lol: :lol:

?

Ned made a statement that implied he was a former Morecambe player, I don't believe him. I think he's just implying that to try to give his comments more kudos and I think, if that's the case, that's underhand and dishonest. If I'm wrong I'll happily apologise.

Instead of addressing that point (and he made it, not me) he chose to have a sly dig back, fair enough that's his prerogative. I've always defended Ned's right to make his comments on here and still do. But we all have the right to challenge any comments he makes.

He's chosen to call me an 'imposter' - not sure what he means by that but there you go.

My predictions are honestly given in each case, I stick my neck out and if I get them wrong so be it - I've called it wrong. If I could call it right every week I wouldn't be doing the job I do.
I predicted we could sneak a win at Gillingham, based on an unbeaten run of several games and a decent second half performance in our latest game. We got hammered and now Ned takes that as yet another opportunity to make a snide dig at someone, this time me. Again, fair enough that's his prerogative.

Yes, of course there was some wishful thinking, I'm a Morecambe fan, I want them to win.

Touche? I'll let others judge.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Next

Return to General Discussion