advertising the club poorly?

Re: advertising the club poorly?

Postby Mark S » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Phoenix wrote:
It was always a non starter with the old farts living around CP

I'll pass on your regards to my old farts.

Its easy to make assumptions and easy to sit annonymously behind a keyboard stirring things up

One assumption is obviously that a gig at Christie Park couldn't be heard by the old farts. It's not always the actual proposal that the old farts mind, it's the way they find out about it that can annoy them more. A bit more liaison with the old farts that put up with the club would go a long way.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mark S

Postby Phoenix » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:08 pm

Mark S is laughing because he knows he has to get past one of the old farts next saturday.

Does he know the old farts are silver surfers :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phoenix

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Keith wrote:How much would you pay this "dynamic commercial executive"? £30,000 per annum? They then have to bring in £2,500 in new business every month just to break even.

Christies Child wrote:Surely that should be £2500 in profit just to cover wages?

The new role,

to break even,

would need to bring in,

£2,500 in new business,

just to break even...

Nope, I still can't see where that was confusing in the first place! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Phoenix » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:22 pm

The cost of employing someone is far more than salary. Start with employers NI contribution, any non-contributory pension payments, the cost of their IT equipment, mobile phone, even their share of the office costs. Typically you can at least double a salary to work out their real cost.

So you're both wrong.
Phoenix

Postby Old Man Kensey » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:25 pm

I just struggle to understand what these final season opportunities are.

How about:

A book on the history of the ground. With a break down of matches played and former players. Full of pictures and old news reports and stuff.

A DVD of the best moments from Christie Park.

Playing in a retro-style shirt for the last season, black and red stripes please ;)

A fun day. Not just a normal one, but one with things going on that would make it a MUST.

Art prints/photo's of the ground.

Scale models of the ground.

Last season scarfs, Hats and t-shirts.

It took me about 2mins 30 to think of all that, just think what someone on 30k would come up with ;)
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby ingleton shrimp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:30 pm

How about:

A POSTER PLEASE FOR SATURDAYS GAME, surely that won't cost 30k ?????
ingleton shrimp

Postby Mark S » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:
I just struggle to understand what these final season opportunities are.

How about:

A book on the history of the ground. With a break down of matches played and former players. Full of pictures and old news reports and stuff.

A DVD of the best moments from Christie Park. Would this not best to celebrate the move after the final season? I would buy one of these but would want the final season and final match included.
Playing in a retro-style shirt for the last season, black and red stripes please ;) Would love that for sentimental reasons, but would it bring significantly more revenue than any other shirt? Would only appeal to the fans around in 93

A fun day. Not just a normal one, but one with things going on that would make it a MUST. We should do this every season. All it takes is a few volunteers and a load of enthusiasm

Art prints/photo's of the ground. Nice! Brian?

Scale models of the ground. Not for me and i reckon they would be very expensive to commission, but each to their own

Last season scarfs, Hats and t-shirts. Now you are talking! I still love my White and Black MFC tee shirts. Would buy any £10 tee shirt whether it was the last season or not, but that is a good idea
It took me about 2mins 30 to think of all that, just think what someone on 30k would come up with ;)

Fair play OMK, but all (bar one) could be done at any time really if they are commercially viable.
Mark S

Postby campdave » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:

not wishing to piss on anyones chips, but anything older than about 10 years ago probably won't have been filmed.

Old Man Kensey wrote:A fun day. Not just a normal one, but one with things going on that would make it a MUST.

What kind of things?
campdave

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:43 pm

campdave wrote:
Old Man Kensey wrote:

not wishing to piss on anyones chips, but anything older than about 10 years ago probably won't have been filmed.

Old Man Kensey wrote:A fun day. Not just a normal one, but one with things going on that would make it a MUST.

What kind of things?

A game of football would be a start.
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:15 pm

Old Man Kensey wrote:Playing in a retro-style shirt for the last season, black and red stripes please ;)

Ooo, oo, oo! Purple away shirt!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby bigreddog » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:13 pm

That would be three shirts in three years. Probably buy one though.

I really like some of the ideas from this discussion, and as mark says, I'm sure that the directors and everyone associated with the club are working hard to make the most of the offer at the club. The ground move is a big project but that isn't all that's going on. There's also a lot of work going on behind the scenes to get Wayne Curtis' testimonial ready for the end of the season. don't forget though that a lot of people are finding it hard at the moment to justify spending their cash on footy and we're not immune. The football in the community side of things is helping to creat tomorrows supporters and is a tremendous advert for the club, which is why janet has been nominated for an award.

above all else though. results lead to confidence, leads to increased gates. though a battle at the other end can do the same, but let's not go there eh.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby shrimper » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:34 pm

The club has already, this year, held a family day where they did sell off last season's kit at £10 for shirts and jackets, £4 (IIRC) for shorts. They have also sold DVDs of the season's highlights on a few occasions.

All good ideas but they are already thinking along those lines.
They are one-off things that you can't repeat every week.

The scale models and books etc sound good but you have to cover the production costs from the outset or risk losing money. Many people may say they'd buy one but when it comes to handing out the cash you'd be surprised how few of these sort of things actually sell.

But I'm sure the club welcomes any positive suggestions. I know, for example, that they are thinking of devoting space at the new stadium for a proper creche, staffed with qualified nursery nurses.

For me and many with young families this would be a great idea. This season my little ones have moaned about going to the football - especially in bad weather - so they've only been to one home game - and so has my Mrs.

If there was a creche, with a bit of activity for them and different things for different age-groups ("kids' club" if you like) I'd happily pay a few quid each for them and then my wife would go to just about every game as well.
There will be other dads who, perhaps divorced, have their kids at weekends and feel obliged to miss matches because they want to entertain their kids. This way they could do both.

It's an idea that's been put to the club and they are looking seriously at doing it at the new place (there's not the room at Crusty).

I do think the club needs to look again at its whole staffing structure and its promotions side will be part of that - it does need boosting but it's how to do that cost-effectively. They ARE looking at it, though, I'm sure.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Previous

Return to General Discussion