A diamond in midfield

A diamond in midfield

Postby Welshrimp » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:27 am

With Stanners playing behind Drummie or Blinks, who would take up residence in the hole. Perm any two of Wayne, Niel, and Twissy for the wing positions.

Well it worked during Celi's first stint.
I'm Welshrimp and I'm a new Shrimpsvoices addict.
Welshrimp

Re: A diamond in midfield

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:39 pm

I've mentioned this before, I would love to see Wayne playing 'in the hole', especially if we are going to be playing a long ball game. He's big and solid and he can shoot. If we have to play that style, lets at least have someone in the centre who can act as a target, then lay the ball off or turn and go for a shooting position. Forget the wings and play a diamond midfield of...

...........Hunter.........
Drummond..Stanley...
..........Curtis...........

Four behind, two in front, keep things narrow. Re-mark the pitch as narrow as legal too!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Mr Munnings » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:44 pm

School of thought on this

Roche

Parrish Drummond Bentley Adams

Wainwright McCann Stanley Twiss

Curtis

Howe
Mr Munnings

Postby cultured » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:54 pm

We need some new signings and fast. An entire midfield would be a start. Time to scour the lower leagues for some diamonds again?
cultured

Postby Butty girl » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:03 pm

cultured wrote:We need some new signings and fast. An entire midfield would be a start. Time to scour the lower leagues for some diamonds again?

I am a sentimental old fool and love to see the old players do well but I want Morecambe fc to succeed I agree we must have a midfield with energy and I look forward to the january transfer where we can off load som dead wood and hopefully then be able to afford better.
Butty girl

Postby Christies Child » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:09 pm

Butty girl wrote:
cultured wrote:We need some new signings and fast. An entire midfield would be a start. Time to scour the lower leagues for some diamonds again?

I am a sentimental old fool and love to see the old players do well but I want Morecambe fc to succeed I agree we must have a midfield with energy and I look forward to the january transfer where we can off load som dead wood and hopefully then be able to afford better.

Who can we off load and more to the point to whom?

We've made players available but no takers. When there has been a 'sniff' wages are the stumbling block.

I'm not sure who arranges these 2 year contracts ( sounds as though agents get involved :evil: :evil: :evil: ) but they sure are crippling us from moving players on and bringing new ones in..... in my opinion which isn't worth much! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Return to General Discussion