Is it time...

Is it time...

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:48 pm

...for a change?

Paul and the Christie Crew travelling back home on the M25
have just texed the question to Radio Lancashire.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Is it time...

Postby marky » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:52 pm

What type of change? I'll try and win the lottery tonight and buy the club :lol:
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:05 pm

All credit to the manager for coming onto the radio for a post match interview.

BUT this is HIS team. He brought the replacements for those who have left. He maintains that the squad is better than last season.

With no chance to improve the squad due to the financial limitations impossed by the League, then I'm afraid the season is going to be a long hard struggle.

I thought that a loan signing was imminent?
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:12 pm

for me, it's not a management change that is needed but it IS a change of thinking that is needed. We need to go for the win, no matter who we are playing. Going for keeping it tight isn't working, today, clearly not! I firmly believe that had we gone for the jugular right from the off, we would have won more games this season. We might still have had an occasional result like today but we'd have been on more points and the fans would have been happier.

Or we can keep plugging away for those occasional 1-0 wins.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:18 pm

Play football on the floor.....were doomed if we dont!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:30 pm

ezz wrote:Play football on the floor.....were doomed if we dont!

We did v Chesterfield....scored and went 1-0 up..and then guess what we did?????

Relied for the remainder of the game on the long ball in the air.

Now somebody, somewhere decided that was the the best way to defend the lead.
Christies Child

Postby Number 1 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:51 pm

Is Artell our top scorer with 2? (own goals)

Bluddy hell I sound like Ned...
Number 1

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:39 pm

4 a kebab? Yes it is penkridge it is then...
Shrimpsscene

Postby mfc:) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:55 pm

I no what it is time for it is to 100 percent all from north stand main stand carwash paddock to all get behind the team and sing along with all the songs that get sung next saturday and have cp rocking!.
mfc:)

Postby campdave » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:50 am

Christies Child wrote:...for a change?

Don't see how a change of manager is going to change the amount of funds available for players or attract better players on free transfers given our location.
Arguably, paying up the rest of McIllroy's and Lillis' contract would leave us in a worse financial position.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:56 am

Who are Paul and the Christie Crew by the way as whoever he is / they are certainly provide text messages to Radio Lancs on a regular basis?

Good on ya!
Christies Child

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:04 am

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:...for a change?

Don't see how a change of manager is going to change the amount of funds available for players or attract better players on free transfers given our location.
Arguably, paying up the rest of McIllroy's and Lillis' contract would leave us in a worse financial position.

Correct about paying up Sammy and Mark's contracts.....but giving 2 year contracts to players who are no better than some we let go????????

For example, you can't convince me that McCann is better than Yates despite his 'walkabouts' and he's on a 2 year deal!

Why award MrT a further contract and then try and off load him? A bloody insult to Michael in my opinion.

In addition we give Carr a 2 year deal and extend the contracts of Lloyd and McLachlan. OK I expected big things from Carr but as for the others???

We are then told that we need to LOOSE players to bring new ones in.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby sw1980 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:37 am

i agree

poor manager - poor signings

dare i say it - jim harvey put the graft in (ie did all the hard work) sammy came in tweaked it a little and won us promotion (well Danny Carlton's superb finish) and tommo's finish (acadamy grad set up by jim harvey)

i cannot believe someone with great football history (playing for manchester united) has brought in so many poor players
sw1980

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:45 am

Don't Sammy & Marks contracts finish at the start of next year?

The things is any new manager will have the same problems because of the length of contracts we gave players as CC said he wouldn't be able to ship people out to bring new people just as Sammy is finding out at the moment.

and I still believe the lads are putting the effort in and playing for the manager it's just sadly some of them aren't good enough.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby badger » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:14 am

can anyone tell me what happend to adam yates, idont think he missed a game last year and was up for player of the year . in my opinion yates is a better player than any of the ones sammy has brought in. it makes you wonder what happend in the summer.

be patient and keep the faith, we are all on the same side.
badger

Postby Jody » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:00 pm

I said it last night on the way home from the game, and I'll say it again on here. In my opinion nobody should be calling for the manager's head. Sammy McIlroy is still massively in credit in my book. Yes things aren't going too well this season, but unbeaten in 6 before yesterday, and well on the way to another cup run before the FA cup has even started. Sammy worked wonders getting us into the League, not only that, but our finishing position last season, and our brilliant cup runs. Sammy also managed to attract a top class keeper in Joe, to steady the ship for the first half of our first football league season. We are NOT going to attract a better manager than Sammy to Morecambe. We are 'little Morecambe' and we have no given right to beat anyone in this League as yesterday showed. Gillingham are a very established League club who were playing League One football last season. Yes he has brought in players, who arguably are no better than what we had, but we lost 2 massive players in Thompson and Baker, and with our funds were almost definitely going to struggle to replace them. Sammy has brought in Roche, who was man of the match yesterday for the second time in a week, Rene Howe, who worked his socks off yet again and proved his worth, plus Diarmuid who looks a class act too. Yesterday was a bad day at the office, but it was mainly the same starting 11 from the last few unbeaten games. The players don't deliberately go out there to play badly, and they hurt as much as we do after a defeat, I'm sure. Sammy held his hands up yesterday, admitted things weren't good and I'm sure a lot of hard work will go into training this week to sort things out. We are a Football League club, we owe Sammy and Mark a lot for that, and I think we owe them the chance to turn things around. Its a long long season and we've barely started it. We'll be ok.
Rant Over.
Jody

Postby badger » Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:32 pm

i agree with you jody,i never have and would not call for sammys head, i think he has been a great servant to the shrimps. i think we should all get behind the whole team at this moment in time.
the question i asked was about adam yates . mabe i should have said some of the players and not all the players . parrish, mccann,and carr. ithink yates is a better player than these three.

be patient keep the faith we are all on the same side.
badger

Postby Number 1 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:50 pm

In my opinion, our benchmark should be Cheltenham Town.

Similar sized ground (ha! it even looks the same as ours), similar population to Lancaster and Morecambe, came from non league but have made gradual improvements over the years to be a solid if not spectacular League 1 side who don't pull up any trees, but where would you rather be? We could easily do the same as them if we played our cards right.
Number 1

Return to General Discussion