Thanks to Quinny and Ockers...

Thanks to Quinny and Ockers...

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:18 pm

...for reporting on todays nightmare at Gillingham.

The reporting was excellent despite the display.

Wonder what it will be like when we win...... ;) ;) ;)

Thanks fellas.....

Now you know what it must have been like under fire in the trenches! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Thanks to Quinny and Ockers...

Postby Morecamber » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Don't know what was wrong with my connection, but at first I couldn't play the game with are commentary as no page was displayed came up then when I was clicking it, it just didn't work so I click Live and then could only play Gillinghams radio Kent. Glad I only got the trial
Morecamber

Postby John L » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:49 pm

I took up the 4-day trial half an hour before kick-off, and got the commentary no problem, although it only started a few minutes after 3 o'clock, just before kick-off. No pre-match build-up in case that's what you were expecting. Excellent coverage, Derek and Sean, so I'll probably take out a longer subscription prior to the Brentford game.
John L

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:21 pm

thanks chaps full commentary next sat
Shrimpsscene

Postby campdave » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:48 am

Hadn't realised that our commentary appeared after a few minutes, so stuck with Radio Kent. Would have been nice for it to appear on time, but not so bad as I gave up at half-time.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:08 am

...at least our 'crew' sounded moderately cheerful despite the perfomance.

I listened to Radio Kent during the tea break and in fairness did say that we had been on top for the first 20.

Unfortunately they then said that they couldn't think of any player in red who had done much for the remainder of the half. :( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Triggers broom » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:30 pm

Think yourself lucky. A couple of years ago Radio Kent decided in their infinate wisdom that the Gills commenteries were done by a girl called Jodie Fielder. Now i've nothing against the girl per se, she does the marathon for charidee etc. Problem was Jodie knew Jack shoite about football, contrary to her press profile where she claimed to be a big "footy" fan. She had absolutley no concept of tactics, she'd get excited in all the wrong moments (substitutions, ball over the roof etc). She reffered to all Gills players as "strikers" and all oppo as "defenders". She would constantly talk over the summariser, who actually knew what he was talking about, and most infuriatingly would go positively mental if EITHER team scored, which as we all know is absolutely not on in local radio. She would start the commentary in F sharp and gradually raise the pitch of her voice until only dogs could hear her. In Wales.

I understand she was transferred to BBC North West (on a Bosman). That's up your way isn't it?
Triggers broom

Postby Freez » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:45 pm

We have a Jody?
I thought her last name was Norksister though?

Apparently the girl you mentioned is currently appearing in Accrington's Pies!! :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Return to General Discussion