Where do yuo see the next win coming from?

Where do yuo see the next win coming from?

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Take away the point deductions and we're fourth from bottom, a point off the bottom two. Of the teams genuinely below us, we've played two of the three and not beaten either. Given that Grimsby have been beaten six times already this season, our point at home to them looks increasingly poor. Barnet, who were without a point until we failed to beat them have continued to struggle since.

I can't believe that it's October and I'm already worried about whether Luton can over turn their huge deduction and catch us? Obviously resigned to the fact that playing as we are, Rotherham will be in front of us soon.

So like I say, where is our next win coming from? Rochdale next week? Brentford after that? Port Vale... perhaps.

Third from bottom will do at the end of the season... is that our goal?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Where do yuo see the next win coming from?

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:39 pm

Keith wrote:Take away the point deductions and we're fourth from bottom, a point off the bottom two. Of the teams genuinely below us, we've played two of the three and not beaten either. Given that Grimsby have been beaten six times already this season, our point at home to them looks increasingly poor. Barnet, who were without a point until we failed to beat them have continued to struggle since.

I can't believe that it's October and I'm already worried about whether Luton can over turn their huge deduction and catch us? Obviously resigned to the fact that playing as we are, Rotherham will be in front of us soon.

So like I say, where is our next win coming from? Rochdale next week? Brentford after that? Port Vale... perhaps.

Third from bottom will do at the end of the season... is that our goal?

Just had to check that this is a post from KEITH...and not from somebody we all know...and love?????????

:o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:57 pm

I bet a similar post from NN will be met with derision :P We are what we are. A poor side who flattered to deceive last season thanks to one of the best keepers in the country and a couple of stars in Baker & Thompson. A club of our stature can't afford to lose our best 2 players because we don't have the means to replace them. I think the aim for this season is now just to stay above Luton and A. N. Other and hope the attendances don't fritter away completely.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby outsider » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm

sammy just said the same on radio lanc's. He sounded very down
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby mfc:) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Our next win will come next saturday against Rochdale.
mfc:)

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:06 pm

I think this season will be much harder than last season I would be happy just to be playing leauge football next season as for your next win hope it will be at home to Rochdale next saturday but it will be a tough game
heysham_mfc

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:13 pm

A win will come, but I must admit I don't know from where.

This season is going to be spent in the bottom third and it's those around us that we must make a concerted effort to keep ahead of. It's worrying that, of those teams we've so far played, we've not yet come away with a win (though at least neither did they).

It's going to be a long, hard and frightening season. 22nd would do me. Anyone else worried that our last game is against Bournemouth? I hope it's not that crucial a match.
Martin

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:30 pm

never mind wins its kebabs and negativity its sat nite and the boys need food and lager now were dissecting roches performance my motm..lol
Shrimpsscene

Return to General Discussion