O/T Can this be right...?????

Re: O/T Can this be right...?????

Postby Keith » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:09 pm

Peter wrote:Answer me this. Why don't asylum seekers seek refuge in their closest safe country?

orrrrrrr... probably best not to.

We've had lots of previous discussions about the state of the Great British Asylum Seeker and it always ends in tears. You've both had a shot at this one so we'll call it quits for that part of the subject.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby PUNKISDEAD » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:53 pm

I bet you are one of those cynics that do not believe that a well thrown bowler hat can not sever a head off a concrete statue??
PUNKISDEAD

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:14 am

or that homosexuals can't whistle?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby slackAlice » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:22 pm

You'll never get to the bottom of it and programmes like QI [Stephen Fry and no doubt a team of researchers]; although highly entertaining [I love it], seek to exploit weaknesses in explanations - thats the format of the programme - they don't always get it right and neither do 'snope' - they admit that much.
slackAlice

Postby Keith » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:22 pm

slackAlice wrote:You'll never get to the bottom of it and programmes like QI [Stephen Fry and no doubt a team of researchers]; although highly entertaining [I love it], seek to exploit weaknesses in explanations - thats the format of the programme - they don't always get it right and neither do 'snope' - they admit that much.

True... but I've got Stephen Fry AND Snopes on my side, they can't both be wrong!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion