Official Website

Official Website

Postby Duffman » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:48 pm

Anyone else having problems? I can't log in on IE and in firefox it doesn't work. I'm getting fed up with this service, it's been atrocious since day one.
Duffman

Re: Official Website

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:57 pm

is it access to the site or world callum?
been working fine all afternoon mate
might be a pc problem??
let me know
cheers sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby Ego Tripping » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:05 pm

Same problem for me. Tried to get into the live commentary and kept getting page telling me that the page didn't exist or had been moved. Tried on the Chesterfield site and same thing! Have just cancelled my subscription :twisted:
Ego Tripping

Postby Duffman » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Shrimpsscene wrote:is it access to the site or world callum?
been working fine all afternoon mate
might be a pc problem??
let me know
cheers sean

Logging into the world section. I rarely use the world section but when I have (on match days when I can't go) its rare I can log in. They've already changed my username once because there was problems. I'm with ego tripping I've sent an email asking to cancel my subscription, complete waste of money.
Duffman

Postby quinny » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:58 pm

Callum
I am going to take all the feedback I get from supporters because it is clear that you are not getting the service we all expect from the people who deliver the site.
Please note that we are doing all we can at our end to provide a service as Sean O'Connor's croking voice will tell you today after he commentated on the full game live for 90 minutes.
It is disappointing that it seems like he may have done this for no reward this afternoon.
We are still doing all this voluntarily from our side unlike other clubs and that is what makes the problems even more frustrating.
Quinny
quinny

Postby i-love-mfc » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:12 pm

What’s happening with the photo's from today?
Why won’t they come up on the website?
i-love-mfc

Postby Phoenix » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:18 pm

Because I haven't put them on the web site yet. I intended uploading during the afternoon but plans went wrong so I didn't.
Phoenix

Postby Duffman » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:24 pm

quinny wrote:Callum
I am going to take all the feedback I get from supporters because it is clear that you are not getting the service we all expect from the people who deliver the site.
Please note that we are doing all we can at our end to provide a service as Sean O'Connor's croking voice will tell you today after he commentated on the full game live for 90 minutes.
It is disappointing that it seems like he may have done this for no reward this afternoon.
We are still doing all this voluntarily from our side unlike other clubs and that is what makes the problems even more frustrating.
Quinny

I think it's fantastic what you and Sean do but it's the website and premium tv that have frustrated me. The amount of things that don't work or are yet to be available is extremely poor.

• Match Day Console: Normally comes up with a load of javascript which means the page is broken somewhere.

• Commentary: When I can get on the match day console its never on there. I have to search the website to find a link hidden amongst all the other football league clubs.
  • Other Clubs Site: Part of paying for the site is to be able to see other clubs sites, never been able to access one yet.
  • Highlights: As said before on here, we only get our goal and there's probably more coverage on Goals on Sunday or ITV.
  • Match Day Live On Your Mobile: There's a big advert for it on our front page but when you click on it you get the all too familiar error page.
  • Desktop Alerts: I read somewhere when signing up you could get desktop alerts about news extra, great! Where is it?

The only thing that does work are all the adverts.

I'm sure I've missed things out but I wouldn't even use it if it was free let alone spend money on it. Premium TV have a bad reputation as it is, I don't understand why the club didn't do something themselves.
Duffman

Postby quinny » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Thanks for that list Callum. I will put these problems to premium tv and see what answers they give us.
We always knew we wouldn't be able to give the full service from the start such as video and commentary etc but it would at least be nice if we knew that what we did have DID work.
There are a lot of reasons why the premium tv deal is a good one but obviously (as we have found out too - a lot of reasons why it can be really frustrating)
Quinny
quinny

Postby durianmuncher » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:53 pm

Callum wrote:
  • Commentary: When I can get on the match day console its never on there. I have to search the website to find a link hidden amongst all the other football league clubs.
  • Other Clubs Site: Part of paying for the site is to be able to see other clubs sites, never been able to access one yet.
  • Highlights: As said before on here, we only get our goal and there's probably more coverage on Goals on Sunday or ITV.
  • Match Day Live On Your Mobile: There's a big advert for it on our front page but when you click on it you get the all too familiar error page.
  • Desktop Alerts: I read somewhere when signing up you could get desktop alerts about news extra, great! Where is it?

The only thing that does work are all the adverts.

I'm sure I've missed things out but I wouldn't even use it if it was free let alone spend money on it. Premium TV have a bad reputation as it is, I don't understand why the club didn't do something themselves.

Well, after reading the above, I don't think I'll bother with this subscription, particularly as now I know the highlights consist of only the goals and nothing else. That's not great value imo.
durianmuncher

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Hi Callum thanks for the feedback
I'm sure Derek will contact the powers that be
we havent been served well so far from premium tv admittedly
ive subscribed already but like you not getting what ive paid for and ive paid for the year the cheap dd offer
my crokey voice is better now...enjoyed the commentary today
good we gto a point
soon we wil have the gear to do it properly
hopefully when these problems are sorted you will subscribe again
the list you gave Derek is very useful
I would suggest if anyone else has problems that we list them and feed tthem back
cheers sean
Shrimpsscene

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Callum wrote:

I had the same problem - I needed to email premiumtv to get some kind of setting changed on my account. To give them credit, they sorted it within a few hours of my email.

It seems several other people have had the same problem
campdave

Postby Duffman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:38 pm

I have finally got an email back from PremiumTV (after sending one at 2:45 Saturday). I listed the issues, said I wasn't happy with the service and wanted my money back. The reply I got was complete and utter rubbish.

They said I needed to update my software and rambled on about DRM (Digital Rights Management). Basically they didn't address the issues I mentioned and interpreted my complaints as technical problems. Once again I will email them and explain the issues and again ask for my money back. For those interested here is the email they sent me:

Dear Callum,

Many thanks for your email; I'm sorry that you are experiencing problems with the service that you are trying to access.

It would appear that the problems you are experiencing may be connected to the application of Digital Rights Management (DRM) software to the content of the site. We applied Microsoft DRM technology to the site content in order to protect the digital rights of your club. DRM technology is designed to prevent the copying and file sharing of the digital content.

DRM technology requires you to have the most up-to-date versions of system software such as Windows Media Player and Internet Explorer, it also requires your computer set up to be correct, so that none of the software or settings are conflicting.

As there are a large number of issues that may be causing the problems on your computer, the best advice we can offer is to direct you to our help page. Contained in the help page are descriptions of how to solve a number of different problems that may have occurred, please click on the following link to access the help page;

http://ct.drmnetworks.com/index.html?em ... tworks.com
http://www.performgroup.com/page/FAQ
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891664

We have found that the vast majority of subscribers with technical problems have managed to view the content with no problems once they have worked through the advice contained in the help page.

(It may also be useful to look at the help page contained on your clubs website.) If you still can't resolve the technical issues you are experiencing then please contact us again, please mark the subject of this reply to be 'DRM1' so that we can identify your email correctly.

Best regards,

Morecambe World Web Support
Duffman

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:45 pm

Could be because of other events in my life at the moment, but I feel very annoyed about this subject which putting it bluntly feels like a con.

I've paid good money to receive a service that quite frankly I'm not getting.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Duffman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:48 pm

Christies Child wrote:Could be because of other events in my life at the moment, but I feel very annoyed about this subject which putting it bluntly feels like a con.

I've paid good money to receive a service that quite frankly I'm not getting.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'm with you CC. I was very annoyed on saturday when I was hoping to sit down, listen to the game in a good old fashioned radio style and was then disappointed. I wait until nearly the next weekend and get that as a reply. I can't make the game on saturday either, does this mean another weekend with no commentary from a Morecambe view?
Duffman

Return to General Discussion