Morecambe Bay area forum

Morecambe Bay area forum

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:57 pm

I was asked to post this link to a new Morecambe Bay forum. I'll let the author of the request speak for themselves...

willowthewhisp wrote:Hi Keith,

A little while ago I was looking online for a message forum for the Morecambe Bay area and all I could find was this one. I'm afraid I didn't join at the time because I don't know the first thing about football and was looking for some more generalised chat topics about the area.

Whilst I was moaning to a friend about the lack of such a thing he suggested to me why not start one, so a few weeks ago we did. It's not very active yet, but then it hasn't been going very long. We currently only have 23 members but most of them pop in on a daily basis.

We were wondering how to get locals to be more aware of it and come along and have a chat with us. Our initial reasons for wanting to chat to locals online was because we love the area so much but as yet haven't had the opportunity to move up there which is what we'd eventually like to do.

Would you consider putting a link on your board relating to our forum in exchange for a link on ours relating to yours?

Ours is http://www.morecambe-bayweb.proboards.com

You'd be very welcome to come and join us. If any of our lot want to discuss football we'll point them in your direction. :D

Willow

Pop across and have a look... but feel free to keep posting Off Topic stuff on here!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe Bay area forum

Postby Plain Peter » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:42 pm

Cheers Keith
First person I find is a sort of cyber-pal who lives in Cyprus.
Plain Peter

Postby willowthewhisp » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:39 pm

:D Thanks for that Keith. If we get any football chat going on on ours we'll point them in your direction.
willowthewhisp

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:19 pm

Quite a good site I don't think the people on there know what they have let themselves in for inviting us onto it.

They already have a 2 page debate about the bypass I dread to think what it will be like when some of our regulars have been over there.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Phoenix » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:20 pm

There's 2 users, Peter & Gnasher. I wonder :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Phoenix

Postby Plain Peter » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:06 pm

Phoenix wrote:There's 2 users, Peter & Gnasher. I wonder :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a pussy cat ;)
Plain Peter

Postby willowthewhisp » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:11 am

As a non-Morecambe dweller I'm quite interested in what people have to say about the proposed by-pass. I'll be the first to admit that I don't know enough about the subject and all the pros and cons. The only thing I do know is that quite often when we are up that way we get stuck in traffic so I can understand the need for something to be done to alleviate the problem.
willowthewhisp

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:21 am

willowthewhisp wrote: The only thing I do know is that quite often when we are up that way we get stuck in traffic so I can understand the need for something to be done to alleviate the problem.

Traffic jams are a fact of life, not just confined to grid-lock Lancaster.
Another road won't make much difference.
Plain Peter

Postby willowthewhisp » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:28 am

It's probably living in Accrington that has me so unused to real traffic jams. We just don't have them here. Not serious ones. My husband noticed that when he first moved up here from Bedfordshire. He was used to horrendous gridlocks down there and when I called something here a traffic jam he laughed and said I don't know what a traffic jam is.

The fact that they happen elsewhere though doesn't mean people should just accept them if there could be a possible solution. One possibility would be to get people off the roads and reduce the volume of traffic but would that be practical? If people are traveling to work how else would they get there? Is public transport reliable enough and will it in fact get them to where they are going?

I know that one place I travel to takes me 20 minutes by car and a couple of hours by 4 different buses, the latter being totally impractical.
willowthewhisp

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:58 am

Peter doesn't like roads. He thinks people who use cars deserve to spend their life in a traffic jam. He'd have class 'A' green credentials if it wasn't for the fact he takes more long haul flights than I do! I'm sure the people of Morecambe, as they sit in the stationary traffic that is Lancaster, will be thinking of Peter and being on a tour of Thailand next week! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Keith wrote:Peter doesn't like roads. He thinks people who use cars deserve to spend their life in a traffic jam. He'd have class 'A' green credentials if it wasn't for the fact he takes more long haul flights than I do! I'm sure the people of Morecambe, as they sit in the stationary traffic that is Lancaster, will be thinking of Peter and being on a tour of Thailand next week! :roll:

When have I ever said I don't like roads?
The problem is the volume of traffic, much of which is unecessary.
Add that to the number of uninsured vehicles, unroadworthy vehicles, untaxed vehicles, that's where the major problems lie.
I can understand your comment about long haul flights. But me and the Doris woman are flying direct from LHR to BKK, which must be cleaner than say going via Abu Dhabi or Dubai. Keith, how do you get to the Domincan Republic?
Less than 48 hours to go. Do you need anymore cookery books Keith? ;)
Plain Peter

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:31 pm

Peter wrote:Keith, how do you get to the Domincan Republic?
Less than 48 hours to go. Do you need anymore cookery books Keith? ;)

From the Isle of Man or the UK? Nowhere to stop from Manchester once you're past Dublin until you get there!

If you find yourself in Chang Mi I can recommend a great cookery course... you could send Doris! :lol:

Have a good trip, and don't forget the photo of the fridge...

Keith
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion