PLEASE BACK THE TEAM AND CLUB.....

PLEASE BACK THE TEAM AND CLUB.....

Postby Howe Magic » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:08 pm

I am getting sick and tired of people moaning about the team and club - of course we all want to win every game and score 3 or 4 goals every week but its not going to happen (I think its time that every supporter had a reality check about the team and club) we won last night at chester and hardly anyone comes on the site but if we had lost there would have been every body on here moaning and groaning about formations lack of quality etc to be honest there as been hardly any comment about how fantastic roche was in the penalty shoot out or what a good win it was It took the club ten years to get out of the conference which was a great achievement in itself so what right have we got to get out of league two so quickly to be honest no right at all THE PLAYERS MANAGEMENT AND DIRECTORS ARE TRYING THERE BEST WEEK IN WEEK OUT AND THEY NEED OUR SUPPORT ALL THE TIME NOT JUST WHEN WE BEAT PRESTON AND WOLVES BUT ALSO WHEN WE GET BEAT AT BURY AND ACCRINGTON - please keep the faith win lose or draw and like mr lillis says its a family through good times and bad (I for one would watch this team even if we were in the north west counties league how many others could say that lets please enjoy we what have got because we have waited a long time for league football)
Howe Magic

Re: PLEASE BACK THE TEAM AND CLUB.....

Postby marky » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:33 pm

Methinks thou doth protest too much. I haven't seen many complaints this week. What I have seen is a few people raising perfectly legitimate concerns. I don't think anyone is suggesting we *need* to get out of league 2. What I see is people suggesting we *need* to *stay* in league 2 and that we need to start winning games (legitimately i.e. in normal time) more consistently to draw back the crowds and bring in much needed capital. There is a difference.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby parceldave » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:24 am

marky wrote:Methinks thou doth protest too much. I haven't seen many complaints this week. What I have seen is a few people raising perfectly legitimate concerns. I don't think anyone is suggesting we *need* to get out of league 2. What I see is people suggesting we *need* to *stay* in league 2 and that we need to start winning games (legitimately i.e. in normal time) more consistently to draw back the crowds and bring in much needed capital. There is a difference.

Couldn't have put it better myself. :) :) :)
parceldave

Postby Raeyes » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:42 am

I do agree, HM is talking balls and has been for some time. Negative feelings towards the team are being raised by others, and then prolonged for longer than needs with opposite, worthless and repetitive statements from the said poster. Let the negativity die, don't keep bringing it up in a somewhat vein attempt to prolong your pointless posts. It disgusts me more than the balls that NN et all comes out with.

"What a fool says is just plain stupid...it gushes out of him like a copious spring. It springs from his mind. His words betray the worthlessness of his character."

Apologies for being harsh, but the soap box way in which you appear to reply to posts that the majority of fans realise are bollocks just feeds the flame. I used to like this board because it stimulates debate, but it's quickly turning into a farce of "we are the best" or "we are the shit". A middle ground of realism needs to be sort. We are an average team, fighting against all odds with (in my opinion) a fair amount of supporters who live on either side of the spectrum that is hope. Deal with it, but don't feel the need to bring it up at every given opportunity as the opinion has now been done to death. Support the team in the best way that you feel you can, but end the boring crescendo.

This is my last post.

Raeyes
Raeyes

Postby Martin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:08 am

I'm afraid all HM's posts are becoming a bit samey now. He might as well Sky Plus them on Series link then the post will appear every week without the need to type it out again!

Be positive by all means, but do we need a rallying cry on a daily basis? It's well known that when things aren't going smoothly, people will moan. It happens in all walks of life. I know at work we're told a happy customer will tell one or two people, an unhappy one will tell ten. That's probably why the forum was quiet, because we're all happy with the result. I couldn't go on Tuesday, so I tend not to make any comments on the match. I prefer to get a feel of what happened from those that did attend.

Many supporters would watch the team at whatever level they play. All I want this season is to ensure League football next season, even if that means a 22nd place finish. In the end, it doesn't really matter how we do it, but personally I'd rather see the odd win or two along the way. ;)

It really is ok to be concerned about performances etc and even have the odd moan; as long as it's a view mitigated by particular circumstances (e.g the opposition, weather) and the achievement of the club so far.
Martin

Postby Keith » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:34 am

I am getting sick and tired of people who start posts by saying they are sick and tired...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby BHmfc » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:33 am

Badger WAS right about HM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BHmfc

Postby Freez » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:37 am

I think all right thinking people on this messageboard are sick and tired of being told that ordinary decent people are fed up on this messageboard with people being sick and tired. I'm certainly not, and I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:51 am

Raeyes wrote:I do agree, HM is talking balls and has been for some time. Negative feelings towards the team are being raised by others, and then prolonged for longer than needs with opposite, worthless and repetitive statements from the said poster. Let the negativity die, don't keep bringing it up in a somewhat vein attempt to prolong your pointless posts. It disgusts me more than the balls that NN et all comes out with.

"What a fool says is just plain stupid...it gushes out of him like a copious spring. It springs from his mind. His words betray the worthlessness of his character."

Apologies for being harsh, but the soap box way in which you appear to reply to posts that the majority of fans realise are bollocks just feeds the flame. I used to like this board because it stimulates debate, but it's quickly turning into a farce of "we are the best" or "we are the shit". A middle ground of realism needs to be sort. We are an average team, fighting against all odds with (in my opinion) a fair amount of supporters who live on either side of the spectrum that is hope. Deal with it, but don't feel the need to bring it up at every given opportunity as the opinion has now been done to death. Support the team in the best way that you feel you can, but end the boring crescendo.

This is my last post.

Raeyes

Wouldn't know you if I knocked you over in the streets, but I for one hope that this isn't your last post.

You've disagreed with a lot of what I have posted in the past, but I can live with that because everybody is entitled to an opinion. For me SVs is the vehicle that enables all and sundry to have their say. It's when it gets too offensive or otherwise that I find it objectionable.

As I've said, I hope that this isn't the end of Raeyes.....if it is....you'll be missed.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:03 am

Personally what I find boring is the likes of Negative Ned or Howe Magic, two opposite ends of the spectrum never actually seem to enter into any debate with anyone else, just start new threads to voice their opinion and that's it.

Then you get the inevitable slagging off between various members on the rest of the thread who either disagree or agree, but don't seem to offer anything to back it up.

Would be a shame if Raeyes did stop posting, as he's one of the few who actually enters into the debate with well-reasoned posting.
campdave

Postby The Marksman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:08 am

I reckon HOWE MAGIC and Negative Ned are the same person.
The Marksman

Postby Christies Child » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:21 am

The Marksman wrote:I reckon HOWE MAGIC and Negative Ned are the same person.

If they are, then they are 'twisted'....if you understand my thinking!

:o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby DYN6MITE66 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:25 am

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

BOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRINNG !
DYN6MITE66

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:25 am

Give it a rest HM. howe about for once you give us your opinion on a game, instead of criticising us for our right to express our's!

I remember a time when you could come on this forum for a good bit of footy debate, when you could have a debate about opinions and read some good constructive criticism. Now, with posters like you we end up with personal attacks on the posters that try and stir up a bit of debate and give some constructive criticism. Please feel free to argue your opinion of a player or teams performance in response to criticism but don't attck the criticism itself. Otherwise what is the point in a forum?
It's also becomming apparent that their is an element within the fans that are trying to stamp out negativity with intimidation. This is totally unacceptable and is Bullying. Everyone is allowed their opinion and the fact that even a negative fan will still go to every game and pay their money to the club shows that they are still a supporter, no more, no less then someone who is happy to back slap the players and manager every match no matter what the result.
(The matter concerning abuse from the paddock/Main stand is another issue and I have already said I don't agree with that sort of goeding from the fans.)
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:35 am

Christies Child wrote:

If they are, then they are 'twisted'....if you understand my thinking!

:o :o :o

I said that the other week and still think he's the biggest windup merchant / w@nker on here....

We need more random posts which are nothing to do with the footy !!

Bring back jokes/look a likes / drunken rants !!
Weetabix Kid

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:44 am

One of my favourite films is Fight club, watched for the first time with no idea of the twist its a great moment in cinema when all is revealed to Ed Nortons Character. If HM and NN are the same person I'd imagine he'd regularly be beating the Keith out of himself! :lol:
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Mr Munnings » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:57 am

A little late for all the things you didn't say
I'm not sad for you
But I'm sad for all the time I had to waste
'Cause I learned the truth
Your heart is in a place I no longer wanna be
I knew there'd come a day
I'd set you free
'Cause I'm sick and tired
Of always being sick and tired

Your love isn't fair
You live in a world where you didn't listen
And you didn't care
So I'm floating
Floating on air

Oh.. yeah...

No warning of such a sad song
Of broken hearts
My dreams of fairy tales and fantasy, oh
Were torn apart
I lost my peace of mind
Somewhere along the way
I knew there's come a time
You'd hear me say
I'm sick and tired
of always being sick and tired
Mr Munnings

Postby Mr Munnings » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:59 am

Got no time to be on the run,
Got no holes in my shoes,
You're the reason all my friends have gone,
But I won't run from you.

So many promises, and you broke them all,
Oh I'll forgive, but I can't forget,
You know you're a fake, but I just can't take no more,
Cause I'm tired of it.

I'm so tired, so tired,
Sick and tired of it all,
I'm so tired, sick and tired,
I'm so tired, sick and tired of it all, yeah.

You turn the truth, then you turn your back,
You're a victim of yourself,
The hate remains, the hurting still exists.
I'm so tired of it all.

I'm so tired, sick and tired,
So damn tired, sick and tired of it all, oh yeah,
I'm so tired, I'M sick and tired of it all.
Mr Munnings

Postby Mr Munnings » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:02 am

I'm gonna buy me a parrot, baby,
And teach him how to call my name.
I'm gonna buy me a parrot, baby,
And teach him how to call my name.
Then I won't have to miss you baby
And I won't have you driving me insane.
I was in love with you, baby,
Till the day you brought me down so low.
I was in love with you, baby,
Till the day you brought me down so low.
You had me walking 'round in circles, baby;
I didn't know which way to go.
Oh, I'm so sick and tired of you baby,
I'm sick and tired of the way you carry on.
Lord, I'm sick and tired, baby,
Sick and tired of the way you carry on.
You can pack up all of your things, baby;
Hit the road, get out of here, be gone.
Now I'm gonna get me a shotgun, baby,
Keep it stashed behind the door.
I'm gonna get me a shotgun, baby,
Keep it stashed behind the bedroom door.
I may have to blow your brains out, baby,
Then you won't bother me no more.
Mr Munnings

Postby Howe Magic » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:39 am

I can guarantee everyone on this board i have no connection with negative ned never had and never will have - i dont even know who the guy is (As for the posts i put on this site i write what i think and always will its not to stir up trouble far from it and i will continue to write what i think as long as i support the club i love) BRING ON THE GILLS
Howe Magic

Postby Posh » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:12 pm

Howe Magic wrote:i will continue to write what i think as long as i support the club i love

Yeah but please don't make it so repetitive and boring. Just repeating the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again doesn't make people get behind the team more it just makes them want to eat blowfish, attempt seppuku or leave the messageboard and watch the Montel Williams Show.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby slackAlice » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:23 pm

If your a bit like me and needed to know 'seppuku' is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment.
slackAlice

Postby marky » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:25 pm

I'll get castigated for this, but the other problem I have with Howe's posts is the complete lack of punctuation. They are incredibly hard to read, especially as they tend to be of great length and devoid of paragraphs. They also tend to contain a lot of capitals - the internet version of shouting. I implore everyone not to leave as a result of these posts.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:28 pm

Posh wrote:
Howe Magic wrote:i will continue to write what i think as long as i support the club i love

Yeah but please don't make it so repetitive and boring. Just repeating the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again doesn't make people get behind the team more it just makes them want to eat blowfish, attempt seppuku or leave the messageboard and watch the Montel Williams Show.

Lets hope that Badger is just watching Montel Williams then!
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Howe Magic » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:45 pm

I would like to apologise if i have upset anyone on the message board with my comments its not what i intend to do now or in the future (I will not be as repetative from now on and talk more about the matches and not just what i think) hope you all accept my apology and we can get on as a family
Howe Magic

Next

Return to General Discussion