The away football pub in gillingham

The away football pub in gillingham

Postby thelivingstonearms11 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:28 pm

the livingstone arms in gillinham
hi we are the away football pub in gillingham we are about a two min walk to the football ground and we try our best to make everyone fell welcome hope to see you all on the 11th :P :P
thelivingstonearms11

Re: The away football pub in gillingham

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:35 pm

Nice ad. see you there ;) p.s. any chance of a few balloons, a cake, bottle of bubbly and a banner as its my lasses birthday on Saturday and i have promised her a party :o

You could'nt be more handy:
"Michelle Dixon, the landlady of the 'Livingstone Arms' on Gillingham Road informs me; 'Our pub is known as an "Away Supporters" pub and is situated approximately 100 yards from the away turnstiles. The atmosphere within the pub is both warm and friendly and there is even complimentary bar food laid on for fans. Otherwise you can purchase a hot pie with your pint, or visit the local chip shop, situated across the road.' This pub which also has a beer garden, is popular with both away and home supporters and as you would expect it gets rather busy on matchdays"

Hope it doesnt rain tho :o

What Is It Like For Visiting Supporters?
Away fans are housed in part of the Brian Moore Stand where around 1,500 supporters can be accommodated. Like last season the stand is of the temporary variety i.e. the type that you would see around the 18th hole at the British Open Golf Championship, although it is of a good size and height, plus the views of the playing action are fine. Unlike most temporary stands though the facilities are surprisingly good, being of a permanent nature behind the stand. However it is uncovered, so although the Club hand out free rain macs if it rains, still be prepared to get wet! One unusual aspect of visiting Priestfield Stadium is that away supporters have to walk down a very narrow terraced street to reach the away entrance, or if coming from adjacent streets down very tight alley ways. However, there is never normally any problems with this although after the game the Police sometimes close of some of the surrounding streets to keep fans apart.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:56 pm

£22 to sit in an uncovered "stand", outrageous.
morecambe mick

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:35 pm

reading that kind of answers the question I just posted lets just hope it stay fine
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:36 pm

morecambe mick wrote:£22 to sit in an uncovered "stand", outrageous.

£3 discount if you buy in advance, I believe. Ticket office open tomorrow.
marky No.1

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:10 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:£22 to sit in an uncovered "stand", outrageous.

£3 discount if you buy in advance, I believe. Ticket office open tomorrow.

£3.50 charge?
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:40 pm

Rang the Gillingham ticket office this morning and was told that it is pay on the day and the allocation of away tickets had "gone out to Morecambe 2 weeks ago" :o
I rang the Club shop and hey presto No Tickets :(
They must be in hyperspace :roll:
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:48 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Rang the Gillingham ticket office this morning and was told that it is pay on the day and the allocation of away tickets had "gone out to Morecambe 2 weeks ago" :o
I rang the Club shop and hey presto No Tickets :(
They must be in hyperspace :roll:

Don't get Hornet on about this he was having a rant in JB's on Saturday.

Surley these things are sent recorded delivery so should be easy to track down?
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Don't fancy travelling all the way down there to find we can't get in as away fans without a ticket.

Might have to try and get hold of a couple of players to sort us comps out ;) ;)
morecambe mick

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:21 pm

Me and Doris are off to Thailand next Tuesday.
I'd like to have a day out in the compost corner of the Garden of England, but what I'll save will pay for 2 weeks accommodation in't Land of Smiles 8-)

Keith, got any requests? We'll be spending most of our time in Kanchanaburi, which is on the River Kwai near the Bridge. There are several Commonwealth War Cenetaries in the area, so if anyone has any relatives buried there, and would like a photo, or a poppy laid, just PM me with the name of the cemetary and the plot number.
Plain Peter

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:48 am

Have tried to contact the Livingstone Arms but the phone number 01634 851284 doesnt work? 118 118 say there is no listing for the pub?

According to this the pub changed hands recently so we may not be getting "free food" They also don't rate the town :o

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/sh ... ?p=3627972

Maybe we will have to have the birthday party after the game in Rochester :roll:
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:50 am

Peter wrote:We'll be spending most of our time in Kanchanaburi, which is on the River Kwai near the Bridge. .

Can I do my joke? Can I? Can I?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:02 pm

shrimper wrote:
Peter wrote:
Can I do my joke? Can I? Can I?

Be my guest. I'll drink a bottle of Singha to it if it's funny.
Plain Peter

Postby shrimper » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:29 pm

Near the 'arrival' side of the bridge there's a sort of cafeteria/shop place. After you've done the usual stuff (posed on the bridge in your bamboo replica pith helmet etc) and you're waiting for whatever transport is taking you back to your accommodation, make a big thing of taking a picture of the chilled drinks cabinet inside the shop.

Ask people to get out of the way so you can get a clear shot, that sort of stuff. Really make a song and dance about it.

You'll get a few bemused looks but carry on until someone asks what on earth you're doing.

Then you say: "I can't believe no-one else wants to get a photo of 'The Fridge on the River Kwai'!"

Oh how they larfed when I did it - I didn't buy a drink all night.

(Ahem! :oops: )
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:30 pm

Very good Glen. We plan on staying in Kancahanaburi for a few nights, so I could be in for a few cheap pints. The guesthouse we're staying at is just by the Bridge. Infact here it is:

http://www.bluestar-guesthouse.com/
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion