Radio Lancashire

Radio Lancashire

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 31, 2011 6:00 pm

tomorrow (Wednesday) between 6pm and 7pm our leader Jim Bentley and Assistant Ken McKenna are talking and answering questions on air 104.5 fm
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Radio Lancashire

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:00 pm

Bump

Jim and Ken on Radio Lancs at 6 o'clock for an hour.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:tomorrow (Wednesday) between 6pm and 7pm our leader Jim Bentley and Assistant Ken McKenna are talking and answering questions on air 104.5 fm

Talking and answering questions from callers?
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Peckishparrish13 wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:tomorrow (Wednesday) between 6pm and 7pm our leader Jim Bentley and Assistant Ken McKenna are talking and answering questions on air 104.5 fm

Talking and answering questions from callers?

They will be talking to the bbc radio lancs sports presenter and I think questions can be text in to them.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ockers » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:34 pm

excellent listening so far
im sure jim said we're signing arteta
:oops:

tune in if you can
ockers

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Great stuff, very inspiring, maybe 19, 20 yr old athletic striker on loan from Premiership/championship :D This is all too exciting, excuse me while I find a new box of tissues.

Edit Sean you have got the ing right but got sign mixed up with watch!
Last edited by marky No.1 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby ockers » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:39 pm

quite a number of the questions are what was asked last week at the forum and you can read that in a great spread in this weeks visitor too Mark

Ellison is a super signing great left foot was a top player back in the day 12 years ago with alty then stockport before he dropped down a league but scored two crackers in our 5 3 win on boxing day v xhester city if you remember interesting jim described his deadbal skills one to think about he could well be our deadball man next season

great listening
ockers

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:58 pm

there's also a good bit on TV about old Morecambe on BBC N/W with old colour footage from the early 70s am trying to watch that and listen to the radio
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:00 pm

George Dawes wrote:there's also a good bit on TV about old Morecambe on BBC N/W with old colour footage from the early 70s am trying to watch that and listen to the radio

Multitasking dawzi :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:04 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
George Dawes wrote:there's also a good bit on TV about old Morecambe on BBC N/W with old colour footage from the early 70s am trying to watch that and listen to the radio

and am getting off on it :lol:
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:19 pm

George Dawes wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:

and am getting off on it :lol:

:o

I've got some spare tissues :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:39 pm

Anybody else like me, but every time I hear Jimbo he fills me with more and more confidence.

I hope that that feeling is also getting to those players he's hoping to bring in.

Hard work and total dedication will surely bring its rewards.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Jim mentioned that he had spoken to a young pacy right winger and a young quick striker.

I wonder if the young right winger is Chris Turner , late of Accy :?: :?:

"Red Sonia" text in to ask Jim if he had seen John Paul Kissock at Southport and he was very clued up on his abilities but was worried that Southport might price him out of our reach.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:00 pm

Excellant interview from both the interviewer and interviewee really enjoyed listening to it just sounded like two blokes having a good chat.

Jim has also done his homework on the lad at Wycombe who's name I can't remb maybe a replacement if we can't get Stanners?

It must be handy when your old PE teacher runs the academy at Everton sure he will be able to advise Jim which young players around the North West might be worth a look.

I know what you mean CC about been filled with confidence I may be getting ahead of myself but are we going to struggle to hold on to Jim although if that happens it prob means we will be in league 1 :D

He seems pretty determined to be a big success at management and try and get right to the top.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:28 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Excellant interview from both the interviewer and interviewee really enjoyed listening to it just sounded like two blokes having a good chat.

Jim has also done his homework on the lad at Wycombe who's name I can't remb maybe a replacement if we can't get Stanners?

It must be handy when your old PE teacher runs the academy at Everton sure he will be able to advise Jim which young players around the North West might be worth a look.

I know what you mean CC about been filled with confidence I may be getting ahead of myself but are we going to struggle to hold on to Jim although if that happens it prob means we will be in league 1 :D

He seems pretty determined to be a big success at management and try and get right to the top.

The player that left Wycombe was called Montrose and Jim knew all about him and that he was based in Manchester.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby jon MFC fan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:06 pm

what lewis montrose???
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 pm

jon MFC fan wrote:what lewis montrose???

yes
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:54 am

Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:56 am

On another note about last night's show, we were in the car on our way somewhere listening to it and my daughter found it fascinating how many times Andy Mangan said in his interview, "you know".

She counted 28 AFTER she had picked up on him saying it all the time !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Ego Tripping » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Spoke to somebody well connected at southport today. Not had any bids yet and not after silly money, just similar to baker or Duffy. We have not bid though so not sure if we are interested
Ego Tripping

Postby Harry » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:33 pm

From the way he said it on the radio, Jimbo's pretty much not interested in him.
Harry

Postby black morse » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:47 pm

Harry wrote:From the way he said it on the radio, Jimbo's pretty much not interested in him.

Not too suprising. The guy apparently had trials with Brighton, MK Dons, Hereford and Barrow in 2010 and no one took him on and Southport are now looking for something in the region of Duffy's transfer fee. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on at Crawley...if they sign him.
black morse

Postby mellow » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:34 pm

JPK hadn't really played many games for any club when he was being hawked around. He has come to Southport, accepted a lower wage and buckled down. He has earned rave reviews from many of the managers of other teams.

It is correct that there are no bids yet but declarations of interest. If he moves I'd expect Luton or crawley to outbid morecambe even if you were interested.
mellow

Postby ockers » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:43 pm

lewis montrose would be a cracking buy if we want him
Last edited by ockers on Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ockers

Next

Return to General Discussion