Jim's first 2 signings just announced

Re: Jim's first 2 signings just announced

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 am

plus i think Ellison has played with Wilson before at Chester so they should link up well

thats if Wilson resigns(hopefully)
George Dawes

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:40 am

parceldave wrote:Good to see Will back in the fold , hope he can return to the form of season before last when he was our best player. Bit of a dilema for Jimbo now as to who are going to be the central defenders. :?: . Not so sure about Ellison though as he is another player who wasn't wanted by his last club and we had our fair share of those last season , none of them proved to be any good , but at least its only a one year deal so some lessons have been learned . ;)

I see your point Dave but Jim has moved for Ellison quickly and by the speed of the deal it looks like Ellison was keen to come otherwise he might still be holding out for a better offer before comitting. The problem with some of the previous players is that they have been the left overs come the end of the summer where they are not bothered where they turn up as long as they have got a contract somewhere.

Supprised the player has accepted a one year deal you would think at 32 he would be looking for the security of a two year deal so fair play to him, from that I read it as he really wants to come and play for us.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby ezz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:45 am

Get in there!! Will's wife aint going nowhere!!! :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:48 am

ezz wrote:Get in there!! Will's wife aint going nowhere!!! :lol:

I was thinking that, Ezz !! But I thought, nah, best not say nowt ...... !!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:50 am

i better watch what i say but i will miss Mcilroy wife she's still tasty :lol:
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:51 am

I tend to say what i'm thinking too often :lol:

Great signings though on a more serious note, we need to be more solid and more creative. Thats a pretty decent start.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Aal » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:18 am

Haining is IMO one of the best quality players we've had over the last few years.
As for Ellison...I'm afraid the jury will be out for a long time....never as good as Mullers but time will tell. Seems like a sign of the times that we are taking on players released by others
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby steve mfc » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Ellison should be a good addition to the team, though after last season its a case of wait and see. It would indicate that Jimbo sees Wilson as a full back rather than a wide midfielder, though it still remains a option.

Haining is a bit of a gamble when you consider how many injuries he has picked up, lets just hope this season is different and he can remain injury free and be at his best on a consistent basis.

Cant help feeling if Sammy had signed Ellison the word Journeyman would have been mentioned several times by certain posters ;) .
steve mfc

Postby Posh » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Interesting comments from Rotherham fans. Most sad to see him go. Sounds like another Dave Artell - a bit slow and liable to odd mistake but more than makes up for it in terms of workrate, commitment and bloody mindedness as well as a big positive influence in the dressing room. Rotherham fans similar to us under McIlroy in concerns over lack of team spirit, lot of journeymen and the sum of the whole being worse than the parts.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2117346678
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:09 am

Posh wrote:Interesting comments from Rotherham fans. Most sad to see him go. Sounds like another Dave Artell - a bit slow and liable to odd mistake but more than makes up for it in terms of workrate, commitment and bloody mindedness as well as a big positive influence in the dressing room. Rotherham fans similar to us under McIlroy in concerns over lack of team spirit, lot of journeymen and the sum of the whole being worse than the parts.

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tn ... 2117346678

sounds good! i wouldnt worry to much about the odd mistake it's not like he's a defender(the last line of defence) he plays his trade in the final 3rd so to speak

looking forward to see him play
George Dawes

Previous

Return to General Discussion