O/T England beat Sri Lanka !!

O/T England beat Sri Lanka !!

Postby Morectalk » Mon May 30, 2011 4:38 pm

Incredible !!!!
Morectalk

Re: O/T England beat Sri Lanka !!

Postby shrimper » Mon May 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Wasn't it just! Switched on really to see if Trott had got his double hundred and it was next to nowt for two.

Then couldn't take my eyes off it. Amazing stuff. Great bowling by Tremlett and Swan, then good captaincy by Strauss to spot when they had got the measure of a slightly tiring Tremlett and put Broad on.

Okay a couple of silly shots by the batsmen - but mainly just fantastic bowling.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: O/T England beat Sri Lanka !!

Postby Ntini » Tue May 31, 2011 9:18 am

I visited some friends in Bristol at the weekend and went to Cardiff on Saturday for the test match. An unbelievable result with all the rain delays. It was amazing to see Cook and Trott put on 200 (by that point). We said to ourselves that if we could get about 150 in front (Sunday morning) then we'd hopefully have a day and a half to bowl them out and knock off probably about 50-60. But when we saw the weather on Sunday morning, we just assumed it would be a draw. Then to sit and watch the end of the game yesterday (albeit from the comfort of my house) it was amazing to have witnessed part of the win. Just brilliant!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Return to General Discussion