O/T Man Utd outclassed

Re: O/T Man Utd outclassed

Postby wijit » Mon May 30, 2011 1:49 am

Barca are all about possession. When you look a it, they do very little running until the last quarter of the pitch and in the time between half way and there, their player fine space. This isn't somethng which would work exclusively for big teams, I reckon it would translate at our level, although the more physical side of our tackles may not allow it to the same degree.
The principle is perfect. If you have the ball for most of the game, then the opposition have fewer chances to score as they don't have it.
wijit

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon May 30, 2011 5:30 am

so there you have it, all we need to do is retain posession and score more goals and we become winners, brilliant, if you are reading jim ,give this man a job, he has it all sorted.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Aspers » Mon May 30, 2011 5:39 am

Saucer of milk on its way to Mr P. :lol:
Aspers

Postby Posh » Mon May 30, 2011 7:16 am

mrpotatohead wrote:so there you have it, etc etc

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ezz » Mon May 30, 2011 11:55 am

wijit wrote:Barca are all about possession. When you look a it, they do very little running until the last quarter of the pitch and in the time between half way and there, their player fine space. This isn't somethng which would work exclusively for big teams, I reckon it would translate at our level, although the more physical side of our tackles may not allow it to the same degree.
The principle is perfect. If you have the ball for most of the game, then the opposition have fewer chances to score as they don't have it.

yet as a team they run 4km more than united???
They do more running, have better movement but tire less because they control the tempo and chasing people is a lot more tiring than passing it around.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 30, 2011 12:11 pm

ezz wrote:
wijit wrote:Barca are all about possession. When you look a it, they do very little running until the last quarter of the pitch and in the time between half way and there, their player fine space. This isn't somethng which would work exclusively for big teams, I reckon it would translate at our level, although the more physical side of our tackles may not allow it to the same degree.

They do more running, have better movement but tire less because they control the tempo and chasing people is a lot more tiring than passing it around.

Totally agree.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby -Hatrick- » Mon May 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Christies Child wrote:
ezz wrote:

Totally agree.

Also agree
-Hatrick-

Postby Bare Ben » Mon May 30, 2011 1:08 pm

Barcelona put in a 5 star performance. :twisted:
Bare Ben

Postby ockers » Mon May 30, 2011 5:45 pm

ockers

Postby Joel Ninety » Mon May 30, 2011 9:18 pm

Nobody is allowed to support more than one team. That's the law.
Joel Ninety

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue May 31, 2011 6:28 am

Joel Ninety wrote:Nobody is allowed to support more than one team. That's the law.

I beg to differ 8-)

Morectalk wrote:Very much enjoyed seeing United killed, buried, dug-up & killed again for fun - thank-you Mr.Messi & friends.

A man of my own heart :lol: I just wished they'd of gone the whole hog and cremated em too :D
HALMA 1983

Postby Ntini » Tue May 31, 2011 9:06 am

-Hatrick- wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
ezz wrote:yet as a team they run 4km more than united???

Totally agree.

Also agree

I can't believe that people miss the most obvious reason why Barcelona are seen as the best team in the world. they have an ethos that I haven't seen played to the same level in any team, ever! Yes they pass it about nicely with lots of short sharp passes and they take their men on and all that stuff. But everyone's missing the main point!

Watch the entire team WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE THE BALL! They run their socks off until they get it back! Then they slow down the pace of running and use their passing talent to get round players.

How many times did Van Der Sar have the ball only to find that both the central defenders were marked and he was also being closed down. Barca don't give the opposition any time to do anything with the ball, in either half of the pitch. Their philosophy is all about work off the ball. I dare say that they will have run further than every team they've played this season, and I doubt that will change in the coming seasons.

If our lads worked half as hard as Barca do when they have don't have the ball next season, we'll be one of the best outfits in League 2. It's just getting the fitness and mindset of the players up to that level.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby ezz » Tue May 31, 2011 11:32 am

^^ we haven't missed that point, I clearly said they did much more running than united.
They have an ethos where they have to win the ball back in 7 seconds of losing it or something amazing like that.
Cant beat a whole unit defending from the front line.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue May 31, 2011 12:57 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:Nobody is allowed to support more than one team. That's the law.

I beg to differ 8-)

I was merely repeating the drivel that is regularly posted on non-MFC-focussed threads, ad nauseum.
Joel Ninety

Postby Bare Ben » Tue May 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:

I beg to differ 8-)

I was merely repeating the drivel that is regularly posted on non-MFC-focussed threads, ad nauseum.

I dont believe there is any drivel regularly posted on non-MFC-focussed threads, YEAH OMG WOW KARRBUTSEIL BRILLIANT
Bare Ben

Postby Joel Ninety » Tue May 31, 2011 4:26 pm

Bare Ben wrote:
Joel Ninety wrote:I was merely repeating the drivel that is regularly posted on non-MFC-focussed threads, ad nauseum.

I dont believe there is any drivel regularly posted on non-MFC-focussed threads, YEAH OMG WOW KARRBUTSEIL BRILLIANT

I wouldn't call THAT drivel, more novel whimsy.
Joel Ninety

Postby Sammy h » Tue May 31, 2011 4:56 pm

Just while we are on topic, the MADKATS meeting was a success.
Sammy h

Postby halftimeresults » Tue May 31, 2011 10:40 pm

Man United have had a big 19 put on the front of Old Trafford so all the Man u fans can remember how many times their team touched the ball in the 2011 Champions league final.
Attachments
manu.jpg
manu.jpg (15.18 KiB) Viewed 360 times
halftimeresults

Previous

Return to General Discussion