O/T Paul Buckle confirmed as Bristol Rovers manager

O/T Paul Buckle confirmed as Bristol Rovers manager

Postby jmatkinson » Mon May 30, 2011 9:43 am

He has left Torquay, so what does this do to our chance of getting Stanners?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13593492.stm
jmatkinson

Re: O/T Paul Buckle confirmed as Bristol Rovers manager

Postby Gedskishrimp » Mon May 30, 2011 9:49 am

Stanners might go to Bristol Rovers, if he has had a good working relationship with Paul Buckle, I want him to stay at Morecambe and be part of jimbos new strike force
Gedskishrimp

Postby marky » Mon May 30, 2011 9:53 am

There's no doubt that going to Bristol Rovers would probably represent his best chance of playing at a higher level.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 30, 2011 10:32 am

Wonder what will happen to Torquay loanee striker Jake Robinson now that Buckle has left.

Could be surplus to requirements at parent club Shrewsbury.

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 30, 2011 10:40 am

surly it will cross Craig's mind there will be more competition for places at Rovers who will still have a fair few players of L1 standard

and does he want to be playing football regularly for at a club where he's more than proved himself under a new regime where he will have a happier time than previously under misery guts
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 30, 2011 10:56 am

George Dawes wrote:surly it will cross Craig's mind there will be more competition for places at Rovers who will still have a fair few players of L1 standard

and does he want to be playing football regularly for at a club where he's more than proved himself under a new regime where he will have a happier time than previously under misery guts

No guarantee that Jimbo would pick CS on a regular basis, it would all depend on how he performed pre-season....as it would at any club.
Christies Child

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 am

who you kidding ;)
George Dawes

Postby jmatkinson » Mon May 30, 2011 11:06 am

Christies Child wrote:
George Dawes wrote:surly it will cross Craig's mind there will be more competition for places at Rovers who will still have a fair few players of L1 standard

No guarantee that Jimbo would pick CS on a regular basis, it would all depend on how he performed pre-season....as it would at any club.

Even if that was the case, he is very consistent at putting in good/top performances.
jmatkinson

Postby MfcChris » Mon May 30, 2011 11:11 am

Why move to a team in the same division such as Bristol Rovers. They have no right and no say they will go straight back up.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby jmatkinson » Mon May 30, 2011 11:13 am

MfcChris wrote:Why move to a team in the same division such as Bristol Rovers. They have no right and no say they will go straight back up.

Couldn't have put it better myself.
jmatkinson

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 30, 2011 12:09 pm

MfcChris wrote:Why move to a team in the same division such as Bristol Rovers. They have no right and no say they will go straight back up.

Now let me think......oh yes......MONEY!

And don't give me any of that crap about not moving jobs even though you could possibly earn a lot more elsewhere.
Christies Child

Postby Monty » Mon May 30, 2011 6:15 pm

With a bit of luck, Sammy will get the Torquay job and Craig Stanley will come back to us where he belongs!!! It's a funny old game! :D
Monty

Postby Posh » Mon May 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Now let me think......oh yes......MONEY!

And don't give me any of that crap about not moving jobs even though you could possibly earn a lot more elsewhere.

There are players who genuinely play for reasons other than just money. Jimbo is one and his Dad was another. Paul Benson at Dagenham is another who was the subject of loads of bids. He only moved when Daggers got up to League 1 and when it really was an offer at a stage late in his career he couldn't resist. I can think of a few ex-Shrimps who that was the case with too.

As for Stanners I genuinely think if he didn't enjoy his time at Torquay and they offered him more money he would stay with us. The fact he did and there is the pull of playing under Jimbo does show the considerations are more than just money.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Sammy h » Mon May 30, 2011 8:55 pm

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££
Sammy h

Return to General Discussion