"Ticket Fiasco" for L2 Play Off Final o/t

"Ticket Fiasco" for L2 Play Off Final o/t

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:35 am

Torquay fans going ape

"To whoever took the decision to sell tickets from the corners inwards and not allow fans to choose where they sit, you've made a big mistake.

Listen to the wishes of the fans, we know you read this site so take note, you risk alienating fans by not doing what we've done in the past and create a section behind the goal for fans who wish to create an atmosphere.

You have on the official site, a page thanking the Yellow Army for the magnificent support at Shrewsbury, so some bright spark has decided to thank us all for that by creating this farce for the seating arrangements at Old Trafford?

Do the decent thing, update the Official Site with a message to fans telling them you've got off your arses and created a section for the Yellow Army, like Stevenage did for their fans. We're not stupid, we don't believe a word of your attempt to blame it on the Old Trafford contingent, if Stevenage can do it then why the hell can't Torquay United?"

"I've just spoken to Forevertufc on the phone and he said it's a total shambles there with people buying tickets for families and then finding out they are seated all over the place."

"To whom it concerns

I have been a very loyal fan for the last 7 years, not missed a home game and have not missed away games. The total i spend to follow our club i dread to think, but i do this as i love the club.

Now the way us as fans are being treated about the biggest game in many years is a joke. Im sorry but it is a joke. Over the play off semis we have had fantastic support and it has got behind the team and we got to the final.

Now your putting everyone apart from each other. I am angry to say my son went and brought a ticket with his wife and 3 children and 2 are in one place, 2 are somewhere else and one child ticket is nowhere near him. You expect a 8 year old kid to sit on his own at old Trafford.

Now you cannot use this awful excuse of this is what Old Trafford has said, that is a load of rubbish.
Friends of mine who are Stevenage fans can choose to sit in a “singing sections” or away from there.
The same with the two league 1 clubs. And our club wants everyone to sit apart and upset children and generate no singing and noise so we lose the game and there we go.

The players are going to love a silent torquay end wont they.

Please sort it out it is a joke. I love the club to bits, but does not sound like you even care about the fans. You just want our money and that is it. As long as you have the money you don’t care a 8 year old is sat on his own and fans cannot sit together to generate noise.

Well done, Thanks "

:shock: :shock:

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 5&start=30

"just bought my ticket, got home look at it and it says shrewsbury town v torquay united. anyones else's tickets say that?"

"Says Torquay or Shrewsbury Vs Accrington Stanley or Stevenage."

"I have 4 and they all say Stevenage v Torquay United."

"Oh,s*** mine says Manchester United v Barcelona."

:lol: :lol:

http://torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1666#p28378
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: "Ticket Fiasco" for L2 Play Off Final o/t

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:25 am

Less than 10,000 tickets sold in total thus far: poor form. Crap atmosphere ahoy.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 27, 2011 11:11 am

Due to the ticketing cock up the League have decided to sell them at the Old Trafford ticket office. Leave it to the experts eh? :lol:

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 46,00.html
marky No.1

Postby ezz » Fri May 27, 2011 12:42 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Less than 10,000 tickets sold in total thus far: poor form. Crap atmosphere ahoy.

We didn't sell much more and that was to go to the new wembley
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Didn't we take 12,000 to wembers??? Cheatenage have sold 3,500, Torquay have sold 5,000. It looks like there will be paying on the day, but that's still pretty pathetic forma
League Two play-off final. Old Trafford is still a big draw, I envisage most residents of Stevenage are Manchester United life long fans.

Interestingly, if we were in the final how many do you think we'd take? More than Wembley (distance)? Less (novelty factor of shrimp worn off/Wembley effect)?
RedRedWine1

Postby ezz » Fri May 27, 2011 1:35 pm

I'd think it'd be less than Wembley even though its closer, but again you never know. Were a football town.....but only when were winning or its a big game.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby MfcChris » Fri May 27, 2011 2:14 pm

RedRedWine wrote:Didn't we take 12,000 to wembers??? Cheatenage have sold 3,500, Torquay have sold 5,000. It looks like there will be paying on the day, but that's still pretty pathetic forma League Two play-off final

10,500 I think. Everyone thinks we took more than we did ;)

It is shocking that Stevenage have sold so little. They regularly get more fans than us. Town full of Chavs.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Stevenage have sold ................only 3,500 !!! :lol:

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestN ... 70,00.html
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Sat May 28, 2011 11:33 am

Poor souls are all stuck on the Motorway now. Apart from travelling at 10-30mph there is now a Junction closure and they are being sent off at J12.

Bet the few that are travelling wished they'd stayed in the pub and watched it on the telly
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 28, 2011 12:07 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:Stevenage have sold ................only 3,500 !!! :lol:

..because they can't be bothered travelling North?

:o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat May 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Seasider9601 wrote:Stevenage have sold ................only 3,500 !!! :lol:

..because they can't be bothered travelling North?

:o

Poor excuse for not attending if your team gets to a play off final the venue shouln't matter ok you can't beat seeing your team play at Wembley but at the end of the day the prize a the end remains the same.
heysham_mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Sat May 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Contrasting reports in terms of a delayed kick off

Stevenage
13.40 "On one of coaches with very little chane of making it for ko any chance they will put it back? "

"ive just recived a text saying" word has it kick off is delayed due to the accident". Il wait for it to be announced propely first"

"We're on coach 9 jnc 12-13 M6 moving but not fast. Really hope KO delayed, Apple Maps saying 1h 15 from this point - in a car! "

"It wil be a f*>king miracle! I hope other coaches are having more success! "

"I'm on coach 10 and we're barely moving and i have no idea where the f*** we are."

"Wishing those of you on the M6 well... We set off on the train via Leeds to Manchester. The train ahead of us bought the electric lines down and by the time we were shunted back to peterboro' there was no way that we could get to Manchester on time... so back home and about to put Sky on...We are gutted and seriously out of pocket :-( Lets hope the boys put a smile on our faces " :shock:

"That's a sh*****. We're now 26 miles from Manchester. I'm starting to wish i hadn't bothered now. "

"My coach is still 42 miles away! No chance to make kick off :("

Torquay
13.30 "I'm the steward for coach two and unfortunately we got caught in the traffic for around an hour and a half due to a four car pile up between j12 and j13. We got past it and are around 10 miles from the ground. Kick off will not be delayed and all coaches in the traffic will arrive. Come onnnnn!"

Kick off delayed by 15mins
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion