Points from the forum (from main site)

Points from the forum (from main site)

Postby ezz » Wed May 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Some very good points and advantages I think Jimbo hows over Sammy; including some very small but possibly key points.
Very focussed on team togetherness
Making players wear suits on match days, shows discipline and a bit more class off the pitch, hopefully will rub off on the pitch too.
Saying how he personally goes to meet players and look them in the eye to see if they are Morecambe material, if anyone knows who is Morecambe material he does!
I'm also glad he's looking at bulking our players up too with some weights, in our league we've lost our physical presence since jimbo, artell etc have stopped playing and we've been bullied.
All sounds excellent in writing, I hope it pays off and Jimbo's ideas for our team and football philosophy work.

Also will be excellent to have a tour this summer as were expecting quite a few new faces who will need to gel pretty quickly if we are to break our sh*te sslow start to a season policy!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Re: Points from the forum (from main site)

Postby P/T Indie » Wed May 25, 2011 9:47 pm

Me and Lloydie have been saying for years certains players especially the youngsters need individual weights programmes looks like this is now happening.

Jim was even on about looking at Yoga and pilates to help prevent injuries.

I have always believed lots of stretching excercises is the best thing for injury prevention and improved flexibility.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 25, 2011 9:54 pm

someone asked the Chairman about whether the club could subsidise away travel to help support the team now that there are so many Southern clubs. He said this was under consideration as the Barnet match was a huge success.

Would it be feasible for the profits from "open the box" to be ringfenced and used for this purpose. At the moment the money just disappears into a black hole. If it had a purpose like this then ticket sales would probably go up.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:06 pm

On the subject of questions, it was obvious the bar promotions had worked well, as the top table couldn't understand Mr. Potatohead's question :lol: :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed May 25, 2011 10:58 pm

My question was well received by the chairman , the manager, and the club seceretary, cloth ears, as a family club, should long serving ex players on old age pension should have to pay in?

All the people at the top agreed in principle a resounding no.

I may have fudged my words, but i am 100 percent of a positive outcome.

As you did not understand my point I expect more drivel in your next post marky no one :lol:
Last edited by mrpotatohead on Thu May 26, 2011 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 25, 2011 11:01 pm

You are very brave calling Neil Marsdin "cloth ears"

I rest my case :lol:
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu May 26, 2011 6:48 am

your case is fantastic Marky, you were the cloth ears i referred to, not NM, I take it that you do not agree that retired ex morecambe players should be afforded free admission :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 26, 2011 7:14 am

mrpotatohead wrote:your case is fantastic Marky, you were the cloth ears i referred to, not NM, I take it that you do not agree that retired ex morecambe players should be afforded free admission :?:

I can see that, now you have put a comma after "secretary". My ears are fine thank you. As PMG said, he will look at individual cases. If the S. Ticket is used by the person and not passed around to all and sundry I can see your point. They will certainly be looking at ways of increasing our crowd to 2700 but hoping that more than most will be contributing at the turnstiles.
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Thu May 26, 2011 7:55 am

I was amazed that we had 500+ shots last season I thought like Stew that it feels like we never shoot and I would have asked the question are we going to shoot more.

Great answer by Stewart though that it is prob down to the fact we shoot from 30 yards out as we can't break teams down and we need to be shooting from 15-20 instead.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:16 pm

I think it was refreshing to hear a club official not rolling out the party line when discussing our new home: "We have a wonderful stadium". It is getting tiring and, for the vast majority of fans who feel a little short-changed with a view and atmosphere in the MBW that is worse than the North Stand at Christie, increasingly annoying. At least Jim has realised this, a shame then that he wasn't the project manager as well as saviour of the universe.
RedRedWine1

Postby Christies Child » Fri May 27, 2011 6:36 am

RedRedWine wrote:I think it was refreshing to hear a club official not rolling out the party line when discussing our new home: "We have a wonderful stadium". It is getting tiring and, for the vast majority of fans who feel a little short-changed with a view and atmosphere in the MBW that is worse than the North Stand at Christie, increasingly annoying. At least Jim has realised this, a shame then that he wasn't the project manager as well as saviour of the universe.

Just as is this type of post RRW.

It's a new begining and a time to move on.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:22 am

Which is the point I was making?!? Somebody at the club that has moved on from telling the few that will listen that everything is David Bowie - it isn't and Jimbo is doing his best to recify that both on and off the field.

Question, tell me what you think about me... I'm a survivor..... ooops, wrong thread.
RedRedWine1

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:49 am

RedRedWine wrote:Question, tell me what you think about me... I'm a survivor..... ooops, wrong thread.

Radiohead song ???!!!!! :lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby RedRedWine1 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:53 am

Destiny's Child bodies Seasider9061, get with it! My bodies to bootylicious.
RedRedWine1

Postby Harry » Fri May 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Try dancing to that with pints on your head
Harry

Return to General Discussion