oh dear, someone won't be happy...

oh dear, someone won't be happy...

Postby Keith » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:46 pm

Spurs lose again... :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: oh dear, someone won't be happy...

Postby slackAlice » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:32 pm

Worst start to a season for 53 years !
Could it be tatty bye to Ramos - 2 points from 6 games ???
slackAlice

Postby durhamshrimp » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:28 pm

bring back Jol
durhamshrimp

Postby Raeyes » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Anyone else get the impression that Ramos is more of a puppet than a manager? The way Poyet talks in the press conferences (Ramos rarely does them due to his English still not the best I understand) it sounds as though he's running the show (which by all accounts is what he was doing at Leeds).
Raeyes

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:53 am

Jol has Hamburg top of bundesliga and scoring on average 3 goals a game :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:53 am

Raeyes wrote:Anyone else get the impression that Ramos is more of a puppet than a manager? The way Poyet talks in the press conferences (Ramos rarely does them due to his English still not the best I understand) it sounds as though he's running the show (which by all accounts is what he was doing at Leeds).

Nah! Whatever else is happening, Ramos is the boss, Poyet merely the mouthpiece.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Jol: Spurs need English identity http://www.itv.com/Sport/Football/News/PremierLeague/Generalnews/Jol-Spurs-need-English-identity-884923717.html

He had 6 players in the england squad and was developing good young players I wonder why they suddenly changed philosphy could it be to do with the new sporting director everyone seems to hate.

He still has Hamburg top of the Bundesliga and going strong oh how I wish Hamburg could have drawn Spurs in the UEFA cup.

P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:15 pm

I'm sorry, I was under the impression this was a Morecambe message board? Can we please stop going on and on about some Premiership team.

Please :(

(at least until we start winning again - and that will be soon.... erm it's just that... erm when you're about to leap right to the top, it takes a very, very long run-up).

Or something
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Freez » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:58 pm

With that squad you should piss the "tin pot" Championship next season! :D
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby marky » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:07 pm

It'll be between them and Newcastle :P
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby wonder shrimp » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:43 pm

why can't spurs just enjoyt their time in the premiersip? if it ends it ends and it's been a good ride. :P
wonder shrimp

Postby matty » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Bring back Gros
Its all in the hips.
matty

Postby slackAlice » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:49 pm

To the tune of Macnamaras Band

We are the Spurs Supporters and we love to watch them play
We go to all the home games and we go to those away
With us supporters following them we know they will do right
We loudly cheer when they appear, the lads in blue and white

We're very proud of our football ground it's known throughout the land
And while we wait for the game to start we listen to the band
And when we see the teams come out you should hear the roar
We know it won't be long before the Spurs they start to score

The ref his whistle proudly blows the linesmen wave their flags
The Duke is ready to kick off as he hitches up his bags
We cheer Sonny Walters as he toddles down the line
And the ball like magic is in the net and makes us all feel fine

There's Ronnie Burgess with his skill holding up the line
With Alf, Bill, Harry and Charlie way up there behind
And not forgetting good old Ted whose hands are sure and strong
And Eddie and the Leslies who are always up-a-long

And when the game is over, when the game is through
We cheer the winners off the field and the gallant losers too
The Cockerel proudly wags his tail he gave the Spurs their name
In honour of the Lillywhites who always play the game

Now come on all you supporters and join our merry band
No matter what your age is, we'll take you by the hand
We'll pin a cockerel on your chest, it shows the world that we
Are members of that loyal band, the S.S.C.!!!!

Sing a lovely song though the 'Spurs' -good clean stuff - they'll be missed will Spurs. :D
slackAlice

Postby shrimper » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:58 pm

Ya di yah.

10th in the Prem and two trophies is the plan for this season. Then a big assault on the title next season - we've got it all worked out.

.... and that.
shrimper

Postby Mr Munnings » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:37 pm

Tottenham Hotspur are proud to present this season's Christmas Party and as a bonus include their End of Season party on the same night. Each guest will receive a goodie bag including; A History of Tottenham Hotspur (includes that thrilling 12th place season) and a set of Champions League Pillowcases (so you can keep dreaming!)

The night will include:

* Four Course Meal
* Party Games - including pin the tail on Jenas
* Tottenham Legend Sergei Rebrov as guest speaker

Highlights of the evening for guests to enjoy include: Darren Bent's Greatest Friendly Goals, Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate's 10 best injuries and "1961 - The Last Time we won the League" - now for the first time in colour (due to computer colouring techniques used on the original reels of remaining footage)!

This is a unique opportunity to enjoy two parties at the same time so get your tickets now and double party for half the price!

Tickets £25 per person or a table of 10 for £200
You can buy tickets by phone - 020 6161 6161
Or online atwww.deludedspurs.com/61neveragain

Also available on the night will be specially reduced merchandise:

70% off Berba Is GodT-Shirts
50% off " 4th Place - 2009" T-Shirts
£10.99 "The League is upside down" T-shirts for £10.99
And for just £15.99 get you're "The Carling Cup is bigger than anything" T-shirt and Mug combi
Mr Munnings

Postby slackAlice » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:02 pm

..And just a reminder to anyone who doubts Spurs illustrious history -here's just one of their great achievements :

On leaving South America after the club's first overseas tour of 1919, the team won a fancy dress competition on the ship home as Robinson Crusoe and Man Friday, with the parrot used taken back to White Hart Lane as a memento of the trip.
He lived happily at the club for 10 years until the day that Arsenal suspiciously got voted into the First Division in 1919 at the expense of Tottenham Hotspur, when he died.
slackAlice

Postby Keith » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:19 pm

if it's tough being a Morecambe fan at the moment, it must be dreadful being a Spurs fan. Just imagine how much you'd hate football right now if you were a Morecambe fan AND a Spurs fan? That would be really tough...

...you'd almost feel sorry for them if they existed! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby outsider » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:26 pm

that's just cruel :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:28 pm

Surely there can't be anyone alive who could support both Morecambe and Tottenham?
After all, one team is in Lancs and the t'other is South of Shrewsbury!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:30 pm

I saw the last 15 mins today Stoke missed a pen hit the bar from the rebound and then hit the bar later on in about the 95th minuite. In the 15 mins I saw stoke could have had about 3 as Fuller put an easy chance wide as well. When they had the ball Stoke outplayed spurs on the deck breaking quickly and Spurs didn't have a clue what to do.

Listened to 606 for the first time in years thinking it would be a laugh but it was just a Hull love in instead.

P/T Indie

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:16 am

seasonsinthesun wrote:Surely there can't be anyone alive who could support both Morecambe and Tottenham?

Yeah, you're right. I've seen the light now. I've supported both teams since I was three and seven respectively (ie before I knew where places were, relative to where I live). I've stuck with them through thick and thin despite a lot of my mates switching and swapping to follow more successful teams. But now you've said that I realise how daft I've been and I'll start supporting ManU for now - until they start losing, then I'll support Liverpool.
:roll:
shrimper

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:38 pm

shrimper wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:Surely there can't be anyone alive who could support both Morecambe and Tottenham?

Yeah, you're right. I've seen the light now. I've supported both teams since I was three and seven respectively (ie before I knew where places were, relative to where I live). I've stuck with them through thick and thin despite a lot of my mates switching and swapping to follow more successful teams. But now you've said that I realise how daft I've been and I'll start supporting ManU for now - until they start losing, then I'll support Liverpool.
:roll:

I chose Man U as my 'second team' and they promptly got relegated to the old Division 2! As they got increasingly dominant, I became increasingly disinterested (that and not having Sky at home). I went across to the pub on Saturday and watched them demolish WBA, and I cheered when they scored but twice when Elaine said 'who is that?' I didn't have a clue. Now show me a photo of that great Man Utd team of the late 70's and early 80's and I'd recognise almost all of them, Pearson, Greenoff[s], Macari, Stepney, Hill... oh, and that Irish bloke on the wing... what's his name? :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:03 pm

So what? I was replying to someone who (successfully winding me up, I don't care) seemed to be implying that no-one could support two teams from different ends of the country. I was merely demonstrating that I do so because I'm a loyal type who sticks with his teams through thick and thin (and very, very thin at the moment) rather than leap on the nearest available bandwagon as many of my contemporaries did. In years gone by I did so on the safe assumption that my teams (one 'proper' team, one local one) would never, ever meet so I wouldn't be faced with the 'divided loyalty' dilemma.
Thankfully Morecambe are currently doing their best to make sure that continues, despite Spurs' best efforts to bring them closer together.

Now go and tiddle off and leave me to grieve in peace!
shrimper

Postby Keith » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:29 pm

"So what? I was replying to someone who (successfully winding me up, I don't care)..."

indeed they succeeded! :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby seasonsinthesun » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:00 pm

I totally agree with you shrimper that it's great to stick with teams through thick and thin, when the good times come we all appreciate it more, it's not too long ago that Spurs won the Carling Cup and we won at Wembley, so I admire you for sticking with them over the years.
I have never jumped on the "successful teams Premier Champions League F.A.Cup Winners UEFa Super Cup bandwagon thing" ever, in fact my dad supported Bradford Park Avenue and my team has always been the Shrimps ever since I saw them beat Burnley in the Lancs.Senior Cup Final. In fact, I get crucified by work colleagues every time that Morecambe get a poor result, so I know how you feel. :( but the main thing is: KEEEEP DANCIN' sorry I mean KEEP SMILIN'!!!
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Next

Return to General Discussion