Jim in todays "Visitor"

Jim in todays "Visitor"

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 25, 2011 8:52 am

He hopes to sign an experienced wideman who has verbally agreed to join us. He also wants to bring in a couple of really big characters to play a massive part in the dressing room.

He is looking to get more width and pace into the squad.

He wants to have the crush barriers painted red to make the Globe seem more like the old North Stand.

Also hoping to have a mini pre season tour of Scotland for team bonding.

Who could the experienced wideman be ? Thommo , Omah Daley , Kevin Ellison perhaps.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Re: Jim in todays "Visitor"

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 25, 2011 9:09 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:He hopes to sign an experienced wideman who has verbally agreed to join us. He also wants to bring in a couple of really big characters to play a massive part in the dressing room.

He wants to have the crush barriers painted red to make the Globe seem more like the old North Stand.

Who could the experienced wideman be ? Thommo , Omah Daley , Kevin Ellison perhaps.

My first thought was Kevin Ellison but he's not that quick and a bit of a journeyman.

Omar Daley.....mmm Never thought of him. Certainly quick.

It could of course be somebody we've heard of but didn't think possible?

Interesting summer ahead!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby black morse » Wed May 25, 2011 9:21 am

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:He hopes to sign an experienced wideman who has verbally agreed to join us. He also wants to bring in a couple of really big characters to play a massive part in the dressing room.

Whoever the wideman is Jim is certainly looking at all the aspects that have been talked about on SV!
black morse

Postby broadwayshrimp » Wed May 25, 2011 9:33 am

They are all simple things that he talks about (adding a splash of colour to the ground, making the place more intimidating for the opposition, team bonding pre season tour) and so important to get this band wagon moving. I'm certainly impressed so far by what Jimbo has said. Let's just hope he can add a bit of genuine quality to the squad.
broadwayshrimp

Postby jon MFC fan » Wed May 25, 2011 11:27 am

joel grant maybe but we have no idea what players bringing in but i like what he going to do :o
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed May 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Doubt it would be Joel Grant. Jimbo said an experienced wideman, but Grant's only 23!
Little Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Jim has just been on Radio Lancs and he said new contracts have been offered to Will Haining , Craig Stanley and Laurence Wilson and he is quite optimistic that they will sign them :D :D :D :D
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Wed May 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Jim has just been on Radio Lancs and he said new contracts have been offered to Will Haining , Craig Stanley and Laurence Wilson and he is quite optimistic that they will sign them :D :D :D :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Little Shrimp

Postby black morse » Wed May 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Jim has just been on Radio Lancs and he said new contracts have been offered to Will Haining , Craig Stanley and Laurence Wilson and he is quite optimistic that they will sign them :D :D :D :D

Fingers and toes crossed!
black morse

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed May 25, 2011 5:55 pm

This would be fantastic if it comes off :D
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpinho » Wed May 25, 2011 6:31 pm

If that is the case with haining, stanners and wilson and they sign new contracts then I am very optimistic for the new season.

Being realistic I'm not saying that we will win the league or anything but if Jimbo can get those three players (of such quality) to believe in the club and himself then he I.M.O he has already won half the battle. the next is to build our squad with pace and power which performs on a consistant basis.

:D
shrimpinho

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Sounds like at least 1 of the 3 are "in" :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Wed May 25, 2011 10:06 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Sounds like at least 1 of the 3 are "in" :D

Lets hope they dont need any 3 in 1 . :o
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed May 25, 2011 10:13 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Sounds like at least 1 of the 3 are "in" :D

well according to Stanner's "Twitter" he went away on holiday on Tuesday so lets hope Jim rings him up while he's away and talks him into signing.

I wonder if the "1 of the 3" who's signing is Liverpool based :o :o
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed May 25, 2011 10:34 pm

I don't know but I'd bet Haining would want to play under Jim (he always seems to have put a shift in for the Ressies when asked and Jim has been complimentary about his attitude in the Reserves).

I'd bet Stanners would want to just see what happens with Torquay in the play-offs (and then possibly with their manager who may, if the grapevine's right, get another offer if Torquay DON'T go up and may, I suppose, want to offer Stanners something at a new club - Bristol Rovers, maybe).

But our offer would be something for him to balance against anything else. That's all fair enough.

Wilson will probably also just want to see if anyone else comes in for him before signing again - but I think he'll end up penning another two years here and Jim will get the best out of him again.

New players??

Reading between the lines of what Jim said, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the new players he looks to bring in is someone he can make captain. Maybe someone dropping down a league or someone he's played against this season and been impressed with.

Then one more experienced head - a 'character' who can bring a buzz to the dressing room (possibly Ellison who has been mentioned elsewhere, might be that type).

Then he'll look for a couple of strikers - one a target man and another a nippier player to feed off him.

Possibly another young winger and then that'd be about it (IF he gets Haining and Wilson to sign again, which would sort out our defence, with Parrish and McCready as starters and Charnock, Cowps, Gary Huinter, Scott and Jim himself as cover).

I hear Hurst is trying to get a deal elsewhere.

I reckon.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:45 pm

shrimper wrote:Reading between the lines of what Jim said, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the new players he looks to bring in is someone he can make captain. Maybe someone dropping down a league or someone he's played against this season and been impressed with.

Yeah no offence Baz, as we all believe you are awesome, but your armband did look a bit shaky tonight although on your positive side the Chairman did state that Zoff made a fantastic Captain ;)
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Wed May 25, 2011 10:48 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
shrimper wrote:Reading between the lines of what Jim said, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the new players he looks to bring in is someone he can make captain. Maybe someone dropping down a league or someone he's played against this season and been impressed with.

Yeah no offence Baz, as we all believe you are awesome, but your armband did look a bit shaky tonight although on your positive side the Chairman did state that Zoff made a fantastic Captain ;)

Aye - nowt to do with Baz's ability as captain - all of them paid tribute to him on that score. Merely the position he plays and that not allowing him to be in amongst the action influencing those around him.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Just covering your starboard side, Glen. Everyone needs a wing man :lol:
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed May 25, 2011 11:05 pm

love yer yorkshire twang glen :lol: :lol:

the baz issue summed up what the future is about, we need a captain, I am sure jim will find one, no one at the club at the moment can do it.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu May 26, 2011 6:02 am

The Accy fans are saying Ray Putterill has rejected a new contract with them.

A graduate of Liverpools academy and looked a good player when he played for them.
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:13 pm

jon MFC fan wrote:joel grant maybe but we have no idea what players bringing in but i like what he going to do :o

Joel Grant has joined back up with Gary Waddock in League 1 8-)
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion