loan signing?

loan signing?

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:37 am

heysham_mfc

Re: loan signing?

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am

heysham_mfc wrote:http://www.lep.co.uk/morecambe-fc/McIlroy39s-aiming-to-make-a.6074852.jp

Sammy has said on local radio that IF he brings a player in, then that player will go straight into the team otherwise there is little point in a further loan.

Speculation as to who would be on his way, would no doubt be centred around Darren Moss, possibly Wayne Curtis to Barrow (again!) and maybe even Gaz who seems to have fallen out of favour.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 am

and maybe even Gaz who seems to have fallen out of favour.[/quote]

God knows why he was playing out of his skin and him and wilson were our most inform players.

I suppose with playing the wingers recently he can't fit him in the team at the momet but I thought he was doing well on the wing and would like to see him carry on there.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:21 pm

Got no idea i don'y think Wayne is going on loan too Barrow because he has been playing fairly good recently.
If Wayne went i'd ve shocked with also the injury by Aaron Taylor out for 3 months so i guess it would be a striker coming in but i don't think so maybe in 2-3 weeks before the loan window shuts.

Play Gary Hunter
darrenlock

Postby Christies Minder » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:03 pm

This is interesting if it is true that Sammy wants to bring someone in who will go straight into the team tonight (although it may just be paper talk). I’m a tad unsure though as to what position this will be now that Mullin and Jevons are fit. The only position I think he might be looking at is either a winger or a right back. Player to go would probably be Moss or McStay. But I suppose there’s a chance that Garry might be loaned out, with a view to a permanent move, if Huddersfield are indeed monitoring him, as he doesn’t seem to fit into the current formation structure. The only other possibility is getting rid of Craney back to Huddersfield (although the water is somewhat cloudy over that matter).

---------------Mullin-----------Jevons------------------

Wainwright----Panther-------Drummond----------Duffy
/Twiss--------/Stanley----------------------------------

Wilson---------Artell-----------Haining-----------Parrish

-------------------------Roche---------------------------

Others: Davies, Adams, Moss, McStay, Bentley, Hunter, McLachlan (inj), Craney (inj), Curtis, Taylor (inj), Winters & Jackson.

Looking at that, I think we’re OK for strikers, and if he wanted to bring someone straight into the team (as he’s supposedly said) I think Mullin and Jevons would be pretty aggrieved (and quite rightly too). He’s also got pretty good cover in defence. We have been letting in a few sloppy goals recently but Haining and the ‘Moose’ have been in pretty good form. Bambi’s the only one who is rather inconsistent, and the possible 'weak link' at right-back.

As for Barry, well you only have to say his name and you know you’re in safe hands.

Which only leaves us with the midfield. He has Drummond, Stanley, Panther and Hunter for the central spots, so I can’t imagine him wanting anyone else. However, he doesn’t seem to be able to make up his mind on the wing. The jury’s still out on Duffy. Wainwright’s been plagued with injuries. Twiss only seems to want to play up front. And Curtis isn’t a winger (although he can be used out wide).

If it were me in Sammy’s shoes, and I’m just a mere supporter, I’d want one thing – a really good left-footed winger. Someone with experience who is threatening and has a good shot. I really think we’ve missed Thommo and need someone with similar ability who also has a good left foot (and I know that’s not easy to find at any level).

I, like many others, have the utmost faith in Sammy's decisions. I'm sure whoever he brings in (if at all anyone) will strengthen the squad for a late push up the table. I can't say I'd be disappointed if we weren't to get anyone in this window, but it makes things that little bit more interesting!
Christies Minder

Postby shrimper » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:22 pm

I haven't heard any names but I think you're right in that Sammy may be looking at a winger. Can't agree about Parrish being inconsistent or a 'weak link' , though, I think he's been very consistent and looks very strong in that position now.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Christies Minder » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 pm

I had heard a rumour that Anthony Pulis (son of Stoke manager, Tony) was linked with a loan move having spent a few months at Lincoln earlier this season. Not sure whether this again was just 'paper talk'... just to get the rumour bandwagon rolling!
Last edited by Christies Minder on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Christies Minder

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Anybody else notice another 'newish' player doing the normal pre-match warm up on Saturday.... :?: :?: :?:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Caged Lion » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:38 pm

Christies Child wrote:Anybody else notice another 'newish' player doing the normal pre-match warm up on Saturday...

Craney with the shaved scone baffled me for a while. Seeing as they all seemed to be shaved I couldn't recognise many without the binoculars.

We need a Craneyesque midfielder to pull the strings for Jevons and Mullin. Somebody with real bite and attitude.
Caged Lion

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:31 pm

Christies Minder wrote:This is interesting if it is true that Sammy wants to bring someone in who will go straight into the team tonight (although it may just be paper talk). I’m a tad unsure though as to what position this will be now that Mullin and Jevons are fit. The only position I think he might be looking at is either a winger or a right back. Player to go would probably be Moss or McStay. But I suppose there’s a chance that Garry might be loaned out, with a view to a permanent move, if Huddersfield are indeed monitoring him, as he doesn’t seem to fit into the current formation structure. The only other possibility is getting rid of Craney back to Huddersfield (although the water is somewhat cloudy over that matter).

---------------Mullin-----------Jevons------------------

Wainwright----Panther-------Drummond----------Duffy

Wilson---------Artell-----------Haining-----------Parrish

-------------------------Roche---------------------------

Others: Davies, Adams, Moss, McStay, Bentley, Hunter, McLachlan (inj), Craney (inj), Curtis, Taylor (inj), Winters & Jackson.

Looking at that, I think we’re OK for strikers, and if he wanted to bring someone straight into the team (as he’s supposedly said) I think Mullin and Jevons would be pretty aggrieved (and quite rightly too). He’s also got pretty good cover in defence. We have been letting in a few sloppy goals recently but Haining and the ‘Moose’ have been in pretty good form. Bambi’s the only one who is rather inconsistent, and the possible 'weak link' at right-back.

As for Barry, well you only have to say his name and you know you’re in safe hands.

Which only leaves us with the midfield. He has Drummond, Stanley, Panther and Hunter for the central spots, so I can’t imagine him wanting anyone else. However, he doesn’t seem to be able to make up his mind on the wing. The jury’s still out on Duffy. Wainwright’s been plagued with injuries. Twiss only seems to want to play up front. And Curtis isn’t a winger (although he can be used out wide).

If it were me in Sammy’s shoes, and I’m just a mere supporter, I’d want one thing – a really good left-footed winger. Someone with experience who is threatening and has a good shot. I really think we’ve missed Thommo and need someone with similar ability who also has a good left foot (and I know that’s not easy to find at any level).

I, like many others, have the utmost faith in Sammy's decisions. I'm sure whoever he brings in (if at all anyone) will strengthen the squad for a late push up the table. I can't say I'd be disappointed if we weren't to get anyone in this window, but it makes things that little bit more interesting!

McStay is out injured for the forseeable future so that cuts the possible loanees down.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Christies Minder wrote:Wainwright----Panther-------Drummond----------Duffy

Wainwright is easily better than Twiss. He can use two feet and Twiss never uses his right foot. He's also got a better cross than Twiss and he's much more skillful because he can go either way round a defender which Twiss can't.
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:22 pm

id like a dangerous speedy left winger

then shift Wainwright over to the right wing where he's played nearly all his career
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Well it won't be a keeper obviously. In defence, I think we have plenty of cover for all positions and I think it will be a defender who we get rid of (hopefully out on loan as I don't want any of the current players to leave the club permanently at this point).

Up front, we need one more option IMO but only for backup/off the bench so it doesn't sound like it will be a striker we're trying to bring in. In the midfield, we have plenty of cover in the middle but lack a creative, attacking midfielder now Craney's injured - although I think its going to be a winger.
james456

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:14 pm

Not necessarily a loan signing , more likely a Summer permanent signing is Chris Turner the young Accrington Stanley winger. Some of their fans think he's coming here.

It makes sense when you think Coley and Sammy are on a coaching course together at present and must talk players !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:24 pm

anybody heard of pne. reserve team on trial for morecambes reserves,just a whisper i heard :?: :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:31 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Not necessarily a loan signing , more likely a Summer permanent signing is Chris Turner the young Accrington Stanley winger. Some of their fans think he's coming here.

He is on Accy's released list:
http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... n/?ref=rss
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parkyboy » Mon May 23, 2011 2:17 pm

Would be an excellent signing for us
parkyboy

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon May 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Not been funny parkyboy....but if chris turner is that good why are accy releasing him ????
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Blackpool Shrimp wrote:Not been funny parkyboy....but if chris turner is that good why are accy releasing him ????

well he is highly rated by Accy fans who think he hasn't been given a fair chance by Coley :-

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/ ... 58003.html
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby james456 » Mon May 23, 2011 4:28 pm

From that thread:

"Genuinely gutted that Chris is no longer a Stanley player

But the lad will go on to bigger & better things of that I have no doubt

A creative genuine wide man who has come through the ranks, may not suit our type of system but I have no doubt you have what it takes to play at a higher level.

It has been a pleasure to know you and watch your career from being part of the youth team, to your first contract, to your first team debut to being crowned Young Player of the Year and seeing you make over sixty appearances for Stanley.

Stanley's loss will be somebody else's gain

I shall watch your career go on to blossom with a keen eye.

All the Best Chris

He plays on the left.... He plays on the right......."

He sounds alright to me. We should move quickly and get him on trial asap methinks.
james456

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:27 pm

james456 wrote:From that thread:

A creative genuine wide man who has come through the ranks, may not suit our type of system but I have no doubt you have what it takes to play at a higher level.

It has been a pleasure to know you and watch your career from being part of the youth team, to your first contract, to your first team debut to being crowned Young Player of the Year and seeing you make over sixty appearances for Stanley.

All the Best Chris

He sounds alright to me. We should move quickly and get him on trial asap methinks.

He was on trial with us 3 summers ago but got injured 8-)
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Mon May 23, 2011 7:12 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
james456 wrote:From that thread:

All the Best Chris

I can't recall seeing him at pre-season training :o .....BUT maybe JC has got this one wrong.
It's quite possible Jimbo recalls him and therefore is prepared to give him a trial. Certainly worth a look at the very least.
Christies Child

Postby steve mfc » Mon May 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Its interesting how many times this happens where the fans rate a player much more highly than the manager, to be fair i cant imagine Coleman has let too many players go that went on to prove him wrong.
steve mfc

Postby shrimper » Mon May 23, 2011 7:42 pm

marky No.1 wrote:[

Different Chris Turner, I think, Mark...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Turner_(footballer_born_1987)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 23, 2011 8:41 pm

Doh! :oops: :lol:

Still Chris turner though. Thought he sounded a bit young. I know 2 other non footballing Chris Turners so the name often crops up
marky No.1

Next

Return to General Discussion