Things in perspective.....

Things in perspective.....

Postby Howe Magic » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:32 pm

I noticed that lancaster were playing leek town today in the 1st prelim round of the fa trophy - i think its a measure how far we have come as a club on and off the pitch (Its only about 6 to 7 years ago we were losing seven nil to leek in the conference........so instead of playing the likes of shildon and brandon in the fa trophy we are playing teams like chesterfield,Luton and bradford in the league i have nothing against teams like leek but i know which teams i would rather be playing against week in week out - maybe negative ned should read this and take note before constantly having a go at the team every week
Howe Magic

Re: Things in perspective.....

Postby badger » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:46 pm

HOWE MAGIC.
you keep going on about the past all the time. it is getting boring now.

have you got nothing to say about the match today.
badger

Postby ezz » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:01 pm

The match today:

we scored 2

they scored 2

the match ended as a draw giving 1 point to both side.

Another point and our un beaten streak continues.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby OvertheBar » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:34 pm

This game followed a familar pattern. We were always in the game without looking destructive. Drummond's goal was a gem and I thought he got stuck in and tried hard to move the ball about intelligently.

Roche was solid. McCann seemed to struggle going forward. Parrish was ok, and seems to link up well with Twissy, who had a good game. He cut inside a few times and lashed a couple of thunderbolts, it is like having a new signing. Artell and Jimbo were solid. Hunter scampered all over the park as usual. Howe had a good game. Diamond seemed out of sorts today.

It puzzles me why Curtis isn't on from the beginning. Is he not fully fit? In every game when Wayne comes on his aggression and never say die spirit lift the other lads.

Taylor looked useful and obviously likes to put himself about. Wainwright showed some nice touches .

Another deserved point, battled for without anyone letting the side down...and if that post had been another 6 inches closer to the carwash we would have won when Jimbo shinned one agonisingly wide at the final whistle.

The North Stand were subdued for much of the game and the weather was abysmal.
OvertheBar

Postby Phoenix » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:40 pm

HOWE MAGIC.
you keep going on about the past all the time. it is getting boring now.
have you got nothing to say about the match today.

BADGER.

He's said far more about todays game than you have.

Have you got nothing better to do than whinge and moan about other users?
Phoenix

Postby badger » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:30 am

PHOENX.
have you read howe magics post he is whinging on about negative ned.

sounds like one rule for one and one rule for anouther
badger

Postby campdave » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:41 am

Jesus, it'd be nice if people could stop jumping down people's throats all the time.

Instead of having a go, why not just shut up?
campdave

Postby badger » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:20 am

howe magic had an OPINION about negative ned

I had an OPINION about howe magic

phoenix had an OPINION about me.

seems like the word OPINION has been replaced with the word WHINGE

we are all on the same side in the end.
badger

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:26 am

Badger, you moaned about HM going on about the past. You obviously hadn't looked around the forum to see HM had also posted about the match. As you typed, have you got nothing to say about the match today. He had, you haven't. Pot, kettle, black.

So come on badger, what ARE your thoughts about yesterday, after all we must beat chesterfield on saturday,they are one of the weaker teams with injuries and suspensions and have lost 3 games in a row.
I for one will not be happy with another draw.
Phoenix

Postby badger » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:08 pm

I thought it was agood game considering the weather condition. the shrimps played some good football in the firs 15 minutes, then chesterfield came into the game more. drummonds goal was a cracker. i dont understand why twiss was wide on the left,i think he is at his best behined the front two.i dont know why curts is on the bench i think he has been one of our best players this season.the second half, ithink the shrimps were the better side especially when the subs came on and we seemed to go to a 424 atacking side, and we could have snatched the 3 points at the end.i think howe was the man of the match . i think the weather won today.

is that ok with you phoenix.
badger

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:52 pm

Are you both 14 years old? Yes you can use that grand old excuse of it's "an opinion" to whinge at someone elses throat. '2 whinges dont make a right haha'
Maybe you should keep 'opinions' to yourself if they become personal......
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby badger » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:08 pm

I RESIGN FROM THIS FORUM.

THAT WILL PLEASE A LOT OF PEOPLE.

GOODBYE.
badger

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:28 pm

Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:29 pm

badger wrote:I RESIGN FROM THIS FORUM.

GOODBYE.

are you taking the Newcastle job :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby campdave » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:05 pm

GOODBYE.

campdave

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:47 pm

I RESIGN FROM THIS FORUM.

Thank Keith for that, no more moaning what about the photos of the crowd phoenix. or are you still sulking?
Phoenix

Postby BHmfc » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:59 am

GOODBYE.

DON'T resign Badger, stand up for yourself and don't give a txxs what anyone else posts. If you have something to say just go ahead and say it. The amount of bollocks posted at times can make anyone feel like resigning but stick with it because the odd gem comes along from time to time to make it all worth while.
BHmfc

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:01 am

badger wrote:I thought it was agood game considering the weather condition. the shrimps played some good football in the firs 15 minutes, then chesterfield came into the game more. drummonds goal was a cracker. i dont understand why twiss was wide on the left,i think he is at his best behined the front two.i dont know why curts is on the bench i think he has been one of our best players this season.the second half, ithink the shrimps were the better side especially when the subs came on and we seemed to go to a 424 atacking side, and we could have snatched the 3 points at the end.i think howe was the man of the match . i think the weather won today.

is that ok with you phoenix.

I like Curtis as well but it's aquestion of who you leave out to accommodate him. Would you have him up front with Howe? Or would you play him wide left, if you also want Twissy in there, with Twissy further forward just behind a front two? That would mean dropping either Hunter, Drummy or Stanners.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:31 pm

What's the point in resigning badger. This is a forum. Just cos folk give you grief doesn't mean you should bog off. Nobody agrees on much in here!
OvertheBar

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:37 pm

I like Curtis as well but it's aquestion of who you leave out to accommodate him. Would you have him up front with Howe? Or would you play him wide left, if you also want Twissy in there, with Twissy further forward just behind a front two? That would mean dropping either Hunter, Drummy or Stanners.

Curtis is bril shrimper. Your comment implies that Wayne isn't as good as the rest of the squad. He plays reliably and gets results wherever asked to play. He is the most aggressive player we have and makes all opposition defenses uncomfortable. Every single game he has come on and changed the atmosphere, he generates passion among his team mates. Wouldn't it be refreshing to have 2 great motivators on from the start? (Jimbo being the other)
OvertheBar

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:09 pm

OvertheBar wrote:

Curtis is bril shrimper. Your comment implies that Wayne isn't as good as the rest of the squad.

Nope. It wasn't a comment, more a question (and an attempt to keep badger engaged in the debate to be honest).

He said he liked Curtis AND Twissy so I was interested to know which of the others would be left out to accommodate them both.
Maybe O'Carroll, with Wayne up front?
If people want Wayne to start (and I'm not saying I disagree) then someone who started on Saturday has to make way and I was interested to see who badger would choose.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby OvertheBar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:21 pm

Gotcha shrimper...Diamond could do with a rest.
OvertheBar

Return to General Discussion