A view on Bentley's appointment.

Re: A view on Bentley's appointment.

Postby Bare Ben » Tue May 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Heinz wrote:I've got a mint condition programme for the Morecambe v Telford game on 4 September 1999.
Has Jim Bentley's appointment increased the value of that programme?

If we lost that game 1-0 that was my first game! How much? :P

P.S Ned is full of shit. Can I say that?
Bare Ben

Postby Plain Peter » Tue May 17, 2011 12:34 pm

Bare Ben wrote:If we lost that game 1-0 that was my first game! How much? :P

5-2. I think Justin Jackson scored most of them, and probably because Telford had a dodgy centre-half :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby shrimper » Tue May 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Look, every new manager appointment has its risks. Experienced managers at various clubs in various divisions, even ones with excellent previous records, have failed at their next club.

Others with little or no experience have excelled in their first appointments and gone on to great things.

We ALL know what Jim has and what he lacks. So does he, and frankly I feel one or two posters on here are treating him and other posters as imbeciles by implying we're somehow supporting Jim's appointment completely blind to the possible pitfalls.

I just think that the team in charge for next season is the 'kind' of combination we need right now (just as Sammy and Mark were what we needed when they were appointed and Jim Harvey was before them). So, on the basis of recent hard evidence, I'll trust our board to have got it right this time.

In any case, other posters who prefer to highlight the negatives and make cynical comments about why decisions are made can please themselves - I hope they're happy with their outlook and it brings them satisfaction.

For me, I'm quite happy (delighted in fact) to put my faith and support behind Jim, Ken and Drummy - and the board that approved their appointments - and look forward with excitement to witnessing what they can bring to the club I follow.

If that faith proves eventually to be misguided, fair enough, at least it will have been invested in good people who have shared my passion for this great little club of ours.

If we succeed, we succeed together; if we fail, we fail together.

That's good enough for me.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Bare Ben » Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

Heinz wrote:

5-2. I think Justin Jackson scored most of them, and probably because Telford had a dodgy centre-half :lol:

:lol: not that one then
Bare Ben

Postby bigreddog » Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 pm

shrimper wrote:Look, every new manager appointment has its risks. Experienced managers at various clubs in various divisions, even ones with excellent previous records, have failed at their next club.

Others with little or no experience have excelled in their first appointments and gone on to great things.

We ALL know what Jim has and what he lacks. So does he, and frankly I feel one or two posters on here are treating him and other posters as imbeciles by implying we're somehow supporting Jim's appointment completely blind to the possible pitfalls.

I just think that the team in charge for next season is the 'kind' of combination we need right now (just as Sammy and Mark were what we needed when they were appointed and Jim Harvey was before them). So, on the basis of recent hard evidence, I'll trust our board to have got it right this time.

In any case, other posters who prefer to highlight the negatives and make cynical comments about why decisions are made can please themselves - I hope they're happy with their outlook and it brings them satisfaction.

For me, I'm quite happy (delighted in fact) to put my faith and support behind Jim, Ken and Drummy - and the board that approved their appointments - and look forward with excitement to witnessing what they can bring to the club I follow.

If that faith proves eventually to be misguided, fair enough, at least it will have been invested in good people who have shared my passion for this great little club of ours.

If we succeed, we succeed together; if we fail, we fail together.

That's good enough for me.

Amen
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Keith » Tue May 17, 2011 11:29 pm

Was your first game the one where Rigoglioso got sent off for being fouled by not one, but two Telford players in the penalty area? Okay, perhaps he got sent off for explaining to the ref that he'd missed a blatant foul?

P.S. No, you can't say it, just think it...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Bare Ben » Wed May 18, 2011 12:36 am

Keith wrote:

Was your first game the one where Rigoglioso got sent off for being fouled by not one, but two Telford players in the penalty area? Okay, perhaps he got sent off for explaining to the ref that he'd missed a blatant foul?

P.S. No, you can't say it, just think it...

I can't remember that much detail, all i remember is it was 1-0 to Telford :|
Bare Ben

Previous

Return to General Discussion