9 Players Released

Re: 9 Players Released

Postby outsider » Tue May 17, 2011 1:44 pm

shrimper wrote:I reckon there will be a few conversations like: "Here's the deal, this is how I see it, this is what I want from you. Are you IN or not?" then move on.

I'm in Cant wait till season starts :lol:

Good luck to all the lads that have gone, and Thanks
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby George Dawes » Tue May 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Sammy h wrote:How many players do we have left?

Carlton
Jevons
Rundle
Hunter
Fleming
Drummond
Stanley
Scott
Haining
Charnock
Cowperthwaite
Parrish
Wilson
McCready
G/K Jones
G/K Roche

not a bad bunch.
George Dawes

Postby Ntini » Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Carlton, Stanley, Haining and Wilson all have contracts up in the summer. And I'm not sure about Cowperthwaite. I was under the influence that our squad for next season is:

Roche, McCready, Parrish, Charnock, Scott, Hunter, Fleming, Drumond, Rundle and Jevons (10)

And I think Jimbo may be registered to play too.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby bigreddog » Tue May 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Shropshire-Shrimp » Tue May 17, 2011 3:24 pm

Ntini wrote:Carlton, Stanley, Haining and Wilson all have contracts up in the summer. And I'm not sure about Cowperthwaite. I was under the influence that our squad for next season is:

Roche, McCready, Parrish, Charnock, Scott, Hunter, Fleming, Drumond, Rundle and Jevons (10)

And I think Jimbo may be registered to play too.

Cowperthwaite just signed new 1 year deal - see O/S.
Shropshire-Shrimp

Postby jon MFC fan » Tue May 17, 2011 3:40 pm

i wonder who else will sign on the ....... line
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby parceldave » Tue May 17, 2011 4:08 pm

outsider wrote:
shrimper wrote:I reckon there will be a few conversations like: "Here's the deal, this is how I see it, this is what I want from you. Are you IN or not?" then move on.

I'm in Cant wait till season starts :lol:

Good luck to all the lads that have gone, and Thanks

Except Capaldi ;)
parceldave

Postby Sammy h » Tue May 17, 2011 4:31 pm

My only quibble is Holdsworth, I thought he was a solid player and always gave his all, but for some reason was dropped for the majority of the end of the season.

I'm sure Jim has someone in mind though, right back is a must now.

Is Wilson not out of contract?
Sammy h

Postby skyecat » Tue May 17, 2011 4:40 pm

jon MFC fan wrote:Cuting Wage bill i think

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but talking of wage bills, with Jim taking the Manager's position, we have added to his existing salary, but have saved on Sammy's salary - so that should be more money in the pot.
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby George Dawes » Tue May 17, 2011 4:49 pm

Sammy h wrote:My only quibble is Holdsworth, I thought he was a solid player and always gave his all, but for some reason was dropped for the majority of the end of the season.

I'm sure Jim has someone in mind though, right back is a must now.

Is Wilson not out of contract?

like stanley and haining it runs out in the next month or so there still classed as mfc players till then
George Dawes

Postby Sammy h » Tue May 17, 2011 4:50 pm

Three players who we need to keep hold of if possible.
Sammy h

Postby Wild Bill » Tue May 17, 2011 4:53 pm

skyecat wrote:
jon MFC fan wrote:Cuting Wage bill i think

I don't know if it's been mentioned anywhere else, but talking of wage bills, with Jim taking the Manager's position, we have added to his existing salary, but have saved on Sammy's salary - so that should be more money in the pot.

Yes - if it works out it will be a shrewd move by the club. Sammy must have been on a fair wack and I doubt Jim has been offered anything like as much. I hope he keeps himself fit and uses himself as a reserve centre half when needed, so that wage could be spent elsewhere. 8-)
Wild Bill

Postby Posh » Tue May 17, 2011 5:16 pm

By my reckoning we've got 12 contracted players (including Jimbo). Of those seven of them - Barry Roche, Andy Parrish, Chris McCready, Andy Fleming, Stewart Drummond, Niall Cowperthwaite and Garry Hunter - I'm sure Jim knows where he stands with them and what he can expect from them. It's then a question of whether they're first team starters or not.

Of the others - Phil Jevons (lack of effort last season), Paul Scott (problems with Sammy allegedly and injuries), Adam Rundle (many problems and lack of commitment) and Kieran Charnock (too many mistakes and lack of pace) - he knows he's got his work cut out getting more out of them or trying to ship them out on transfer.

Out of contract he's got Danny Carlton, Craig Stanley, Will Haining and Lawrence Wilson. The fact none of these are on the release list means to me he's got hopes of persuading them to stay. And I hope so in all four cases he can do it. If he can then that gives us a squad of 15.

Given that list the areas of weakness for me are:

Right back - cover but no recognised player
Right wing - only Kevan Hurst but he seems to have higher aspirations
Left wing - orthodox left winger
Central midfielder - midfield general and attacking midfielder
Centre forwards - two needed

That would give us a squad of 23 (including a keeper for cover). My understanding is that we are looking at a squad of 19 so something would have to give.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby parceldave » Tue May 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Posh wrote:By my reckoning we've got 12 contracted players (including Jimbo). Of those seven of them - Barry Roche, Andy Parrish, Chris McCready, Andy Fleming, Stewart Drummond, Niall Cowperthwaite and Garry Hunter - I'm sure Jim knows where he stands with them and what he can expect from them. It's then a question of whether they're first team starters or not.

Of the others - Phil Jevons (lack of effort last season), Paul Scott (problems with Sammy allegedly and injuries), Adam Rundle (many problems and lack of commitment) and Kieran Charnock (too many mistakes and lack of pace) - he knows he's got his work cut out getting more out of them or trying to ship them out on transfer.

Out of contract he's got Danny Carlton, Craig Stanley, Will Haining and Lawrence Wilson. The fact none of these are on the release list means to me he's got hopes of persuading them to stay. And I hope so in all four cases he can do it. If he can then that gives us a squad of 15.

Given that list the areas of weakness for me are:

Right back - cover but no recognised player
Right wing - only Kevan Hurst but he seems to have higher aspirations
Left wing - orthodox left winger
Central midfielder - midfield general and attacking midfielder
Centre forwards - two needed

That would give us a squad of 23 (including a keeper for cover). My understanding is that we are looking at a squad of 19 so something would have to give.

I dont think you can go less than the 23 you stated Mike , as 19 is a bit tight if you incur a few injuries and suspensions as some players are not versatile enough to play in different positions . I just hope whoever Jimbo brings in are over 5ft 4in and 8st wet through , so many teams we played last season were like giants compared to us .
parceldave

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue May 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Interesting times ahead, good luck to all players released.

However as others have said there will be a few more to leave before the new season and hopefully some cracking players coming in :D
thegentlegiant

Postby Bryan » Tue May 17, 2011 11:02 pm

Important that Jimbo makes his mark early on. Shows who's boss etc. No quibles with any he's released there. Pity the likes of Rundle are on longer deals. Shows what a crap squad Sammy actually assembled. Maybe now we can sign players that actually play in the positions they are meant to be in!
Bryan

Previous

Return to General Discussion