9 Players Released

9 Players Released

Postby jon MFC fan » Tue May 17, 2011 8:26 am

Scott Brown, Tony Capaldi, Gavin Clarke, Stuart Hendrie, Andy Holdsworth, Chris Shuker, Laurie Walker, Neil Wainwright and Chris Wraighte.
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Re: 9 Players Released

Postby Duffman » Tue May 17, 2011 8:33 am

No complaints from me about any of them. I know a few have praised Chris Wraighte but Jimbo will know him better anyone.

Anyone know how much it's cost to pay off Hendrie's 5 year contract? :lol:
Duffman

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 17, 2011 8:37 am

I hope this means a new contract has been offered to Craig Stanley.

I would have liked Neil Wainwright to have been kept on , maybe as player/coach and helping Drummy with the reserves but not to be.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Tue May 17, 2011 8:40 am

Only 2 i'd have kept (possibly) are Holdsworth as I think he could be pretty solid at right back for us, also pretty flexible and can play elsewhere.
And..............Shuker, in the right team and set up he could be excellent at this level. He's already done it at league 1 and he's been my biggest disappointment this season.
Just hope he doesn't join another league 2 club and pick his form up.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Tue May 17, 2011 8:42 am

yet again impressive!
George Dawes

Postby The Marksman » Tue May 17, 2011 8:46 am

ezz wrote:And..............Shuker, in the right team and set up he could be excellent at this level. He's already done it at league 1 and he's been my biggest disappointment this season.
Just hope he doesn't join another league 2 club and pick his form up.

He did it just fine in League One until he got injured, and hasn't been the same player since. I'm happy we've released him, I suspect he'll turn up in the conference.
The Marksman

Postby jon MFC fan » Tue May 17, 2011 8:51 am

Cuting Wage bill i think
better redthan dead
jon MFC fan

Postby mfcbro » Tue May 17, 2011 8:55 am

No complaints from me.Shuker and Holdsworth didnt impress me at all.One that i am surprised about is Scott Brown,he at least gave 100% when he played.Who would be a football manager eh ?
mfcbro

Postby halftimeresults » Tue May 17, 2011 8:55 am

Scot Brown was one the few that gave 100%
good luck to all the lads in finding new clubs
halftimeresults

Postby Naylz » Tue May 17, 2011 9:27 am

I agree, no complaints about any of the nine

Shuker has under achieved for us, would do a job for someone in L2/Conf.
Naylz

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:35 am

So that's 10 including Paul Mullin out of the 30/31. We currently have 11 signed so maybe that's it!! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 17, 2011 9:39 am

No complaints from be about any of them maybe a question mark over Holdsworth but you don't know what Jimbo has seen in training over the past few months I am sure he has had to consider many factors when deciding.

I wonder what will happen with Haining and Wilson hopefully they will stay on now I think Haining might stay and help marshall the defence not sure about Wilson though.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:46 am

Looks like Jimmy Spencer is away too

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield- ... -28705236/

Can't see him coming back on loan
Last edited by marky No.1 on Tue May 17, 2011 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Tue May 17, 2011 9:47 am

The best of luck to all of the lads who have left and I hope they find new clubs soon, especially the young lad Wraighte and Laurie and Neil who have both been gentlemen every time I've spoken with them.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Now_Then » Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 am

I thought Scott Brown was worth another deal if affordable. I liked his attitude and thought he was mis-used last season. Chris Shuker could have been a star for us but Sammy tried to play everybody else right wing instead of playing the only decent right winger we had! I never thought he looked in good shape to be honest though.

With the 9 players mentioned there, Jimbo not playing(?), Stanners, Haining and wilson yet to be confirmed and with Hurst and Jimmy's loans completed Jimbo must have a large chunk of the budget to play with now!
Now_Then

Postby Ntini » Tue May 17, 2011 11:11 am

An interesting but unsurprising list, but those not mentioned (not including Jim and Drummy) are:

Craig Stanley
Paul Scott
Garry Hunter
Laurence Wilson
Niall Cowperthwaite
Will Haining
Danny Carlton

Then there's Kevan Hurst too (loanee now released).
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue May 17, 2011 11:13 am

Correct decisions all round I think. People need to move out for new people to move in. Shuker didn't perform in any position he played in except against Coventry. Midfield needs improving and if everyone is desperate for Craig Stanley to stay, someone else had to go and that was Brown.

Slightly suprised with the young lads, but Jimbo is the most qualified person to decide whether they will make it at this level or not.
Morecambe Jack

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:19 am

Ntini wrote:An interesting but unsurprising list, but those not mentioned (not including Jim and Drummy) are:

Craig Stanley
Paul Scott
Garry Hunter
Laurence Wilson
Niall Cowperthwaite
Will Haining
Danny Carlton

Paul Scott and Garry Hunter have another year
marky No.1

Postby Ntini » Tue May 17, 2011 11:21 am

marky No.1 wrote:
Ntini wrote:An interesting but unsurprising list, but those not mentioned (not including Jim and Drummy) are:

Craig Stanley
Paul Scott
Garry Hunter
Laurence Wilson
Niall Cowperthwaite
Will Haining
Danny Carlton

Paul Scott and Garry Hunter have another year

My apologies. I tried to filter out from memory the one's who had time left on their contracts, but didn't do a very good job!!!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:31 am

Ntini wrote:My apologies. I tried to filter out from memory the one's who had time left on their contracts, but didn't do a very good job!!!

That is being far too polite for this board! :lol: Will be interesting for me how a fit Scott and Rundle will fit in to Jims thoughts and where he sees Andy Parrish' best position.
marky No.1

Postby marky » Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 am

Agree with each one of those. Scott Brown, for example, may give 100 percent but ran around like a headless chicken and Holdsworth did so well with us that he spent much of his time sat on the bench.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Sammy h » Tue May 17, 2011 12:11 pm

How many players do we have left?
Sammy h

Postby shrimper » Tue May 17, 2011 12:51 pm

marky wrote:Agree with each one of those. Scott Brown, for example, may give 100 percent but ran around like a headless chicken and Holdsworth did so well with us that he spent much of his time sat on the bench.

I think they were both okay - but would be on my list of 'as a new manager I sincerely hope I can attract better players to replace them' types.

I think a few others who remain on contracts will also be spoken to and will either shape up or be shipped out (one or two may choose to 'sit' on their contracts, which is one of the sad inevitabilities but won't do them any favours in the long-term).

I think this early 'release' - as, to be fair, Ned said on his thread - is a good sign of Jim's 'let's get cracking' approach.

Interested to see what happens to Wilson, Haining, Hurst and, of course, Stanners. They're all decent players who could be worth their places in the new regime - but Jim (if he rates them) will know if they're 'up' for it or not.

I don't think he'll want to waste much time trying to persuade them, though, if they don't buy in to his passion for the club going into next season.

I reckon there will be a few conversations like: "Here's the deal, this is how I see it, this is what I want from you. Are you IN or not?" then move on.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Ntini » Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

shrimper wrote:I think this early 'release' - as, to be fair, Ned said on his thread - is a good sign of Jim's 'let's get cracking' approach.

Interested to see what happens to Wilson, Haining, Hurst and, of course, Stanners. They're all decent players who could be worth their places in the new regime - but Jim (if he rates them) will know if they're 'up' for it or not.

I don't think he'll want to waste much time trying to persuade them, though, if they don't buy in to his passion for the club going into next season.

I reckon there will be a few conversations like: "Here's the deal, this is how I see it, this is what I want from you. Are you IN or not?" then move on.

I agree. Jim has hit the ground running and his enthusiasm shows already. I think the next 2/3 weeks are going to be hectic and full of news regarding players and contracts.
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby bigreddog » Tue May 17, 2011 1:22 pm

shrimper wrote:I reckon there will be a few conversations like: "Here's the deal, this is how I see it, this is what I want from you. Are you IN or not?" then move on.

I think you may have just summed up Jim's early approach to the job in one go.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Next

Return to General Discussion