New Backroom Staff

Re: New Backroom Staff

Postby shrimper » Tue May 17, 2011 7:47 am

Jimbo lacks any kind of meaningful managerial experience, as does Drummy.
McKenna has only ever played or had any managerial experience in non-league football.
All of them are completely untried in this kind of capacity at League level.

But they all live and breathe football, two of them live and breathe Morecambe already.

As well as being what sounds like an inspirational and canny tactician, McKenna has also done quite a bit of scouting.

And they all seem like blokes who have their feet firmly on the ground and know you have to work hard behind the scenes and in preparing for games to get success in lower leagues.

Also, they all seem like the sort of blokes I'd be very, very happy to put all my support and faith in - in a kind of 'we're all in this together' partnership, knowing they'll put every ounce of their effort and abilities into working for MY team (other than having their minds elsewhere like some journeyman appointment may have done).

That's more than good enough for me. Good or bad times ahead, I'm with this lot all the way!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Ntini » Tue May 17, 2011 8:09 am

Brilliant news and a very shrewd appointment already by Jim.

I've never been this excited in a close season!
HOWAY THE SHRIMPS!!!!!

On topic(ish) and proud!
Ntini

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:23 am

Jim and his backroom staff are guests of honour at the Gala Do on the 4th June :D :D :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby P/T Indie » Tue May 17, 2011 9:46 am

As well as being what sounds like an inspirational and canny tactician, McKenna has also done quite a bit of scouting.
And they all seem like blokes who have their feet firmly on the ground and know you have to work hard behind the scenes and in preparing for games to get success in lower leagues.

Couldn't agree more one of the criticisms of Sammy was how many hours did he put in and how many games did he watch, I don't this will be a problem now.

I get the feeling that we will have the non league scene round the North west and Liverpool, chester, wrexham area well covered or I hope we will.

One question though have we covered the question regarding contacts and attracting players from a higher level? or are we just going to concentrate on youth and non league players more which I would be quite happy with.

With Jimbo and Drummy coming from the JH era I can deventley see the emphasis turning to developing players, thats how Drummy got his chance.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby MfcChris » Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 pm

1 year or 2?

It says Drummond signed a 1 year playing deal, but does not say if they have signed 1 or 2 year management deals to coincide with Bentley.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Tue May 17, 2011 5:18 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Jim and his backroom staff are guests of honour at the Gala Do on the 4th June :D :D :D

How about a Fans Forum during pre-season to welcome the 'old' and the 'new' on board?

Possibly another 'watch the training session' as well on a pre-season training Saturday?

:?: :?: :?:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby parceldave » Tue May 17, 2011 5:42 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Jim and his backroom staff are guests of honour at the Gala Do on the 4th June :D :D :D

Still waiting for my invite ;)
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue May 17, 2011 6:57 pm

Christies Child wrote:

How about a Fans Forum during pre-season to welcome the 'old' and the 'new' on board?

Possibly another 'watch the training session' as well on a pre-season training Saturday?

:?: :?: :?:

good idea. we know Jim comes on the forum :D :D :D :D
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Bryan » Tue May 17, 2011 11:14 pm

The whole point of Jimbo's appointment was to bring unity back to the club. Drummie will help that whilst Mr. Ken will keep an eye on things Jimbo might otherwise miss. Everyone respects Jimbo. In my book that's a massive headstart in getting the job done in the first place. But with someone canny keeping their eye on him seems like a good appointment to me.
Bryan

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:54 am

parceldave wrote:

Still waiting for my invite ;)

Cheeky bustard! I will swap you for 2 nights in a posh hotel in Chester with race tickets and transport please :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby shrimper » Wed May 18, 2011 11:52 am

Bryan wrote:The whole point of Jimbo's appointment was to bring unity back to the club. Drummie will help that whilst Mr. Ken will keep an eye on things Jimbo might otherwise miss. Everyone respects Jimbo. In my book that's a massive headstart in getting the job done in the first place. But with someone canny keeping their eye on him seems like a good appointment to me.

I know the sentiment of what you're saying Bryan but I'd put it just a bit differently. I think the whole point of Jim's appointment was because the board felt that he is the man to do the job we need doing on the pitch, next season and beyond.

Bringing unity back to the club is a handy by-product, yes, but not the main factor, IMO.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Dragofly » Wed May 18, 2011 3:32 pm

shrimper wrote: I think the who£e point of Jim'$ appointment wa$ because the board fe£t that he i$ the man to do the job we need doing on the pitch, next $eason and beyond.

Totally agree.
Dragofly

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 22, 2011 10:21 pm

jmatkinson wrote:Ken McKenna and Drummy

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 82,00.html

For the more 'mature' fans like myself ;) some will recall that this will be the second time we've had a McKenna at the club.

Not related by any chance?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Previous

Return to General Discussion