Driver needed

Driver needed

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sun May 15, 2011 2:57 pm

I know i have posted this before but me and a few mates need a driver for next season, you will get you your travel paid for and also you would get in to the game for free. We where hoping to go to all of the games other than plymouth + torquay, much appreciated! :D
bentomlinsonMFC

Re: Driver needed

Postby MfcChris » Sun May 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Why not Plymouth? One I would love to go to :P
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sun May 15, 2011 3:29 pm

MfcChris wrote:Why not Plymouth? One I would love to go to :P

Well if we got a driver that is willing to take us that far we would go...
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby Sammy h » Sun May 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Unless Torquay go up.
Sammy h

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:25 pm

bentomlinsonMFC wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Why not Plymouth? One I would love to go to :P

Well if we got a driver that is willing to take us that far we would go...

Someone that is willing to drive to Southend, Dagenham and Gillingham wouldn't be put off by the extra few yards to Torquay and Plymouth. The M25 trips can often take longer anyway
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun May 15, 2011 7:54 pm

this driver will be on a real winner, for mearly giving up a measly whole of every other saturday he will be chaufering around a rowdy bunch of footy fans for the maximum equivalent of 20 quid,
i want an application form for this job, i expect it has gone though, sounds too good to be true :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sun May 15, 2011 8:05 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:this driver will be on a real winner, for mearly giving up a measly whole of every other saturday he will be chaufering around a rowdy bunch of footy fans for the maximum equivalent of 20 quid,
i want an application form for this job, i expect it has gone though, sounds too good to be true :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that sarcasm? Have you got a problem with a few teenaged lads going to watch a football match, this might really benefit somebody that goes to watch morecambe by themselves, LOL at you for not wanting the young generation to go to watch there home team
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun May 15, 2011 8:09 pm

chomp :lol: :lol: :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby ezz » Sun May 15, 2011 8:19 pm

:lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Raeyes » Sun May 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Serious suggestion, why don't you get in touch with Garry Hocking (Sardines on Tour)? He takes transport to every away game. If he had the demand for it, it would be a coach to every away game. At the moment the demand seems to be there for nearish games, of which there are very few next season.
Raeyes

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Sun May 15, 2011 8:30 pm

Raeyes wrote:Serious suggestion, why don't you get in touch with Garry Hocking (Sardines on Tour)? He takes transport to every away game. If he had the demand for it, it would be a coach to every away game. At the moment the demand seems to be there for nearish games, of which there are very few next season.

Thanks for the idea mate, but there is about 16 of us that would want to go to these away games, we are trying to get each dad to chip in each game. But obviously it would be a lot better to have a driver for every game.
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun May 15, 2011 8:47 pm

your driver would need to be crb checked if you are all minors, i think the gary hocking option seems sensible
mrpotatohead

Postby MfcPaul » Sun May 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Whats wrong with the Indies? MR Birch would be able to advise.
MfcPaul

Postby Raeyes » Sun May 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Nowt wrong with the Indies, great laugh. But these guys want to go to every game, whereas the indies do 5-10 trips a season maybe. The only travel clubs that go every week are Sardines on Tour and the officials.

If you do have 16 people that want to go to every game then I would definitely get in touch with Sardines on Tour. They take a mini-bus to each away game, but if the demand was such that they could take a coach to every game they would do. If they could guarantee filling needing a coach for every game they could also approach a coach company with this requirement and get a better deal, as opposed to approaching them sporadically requesting coach hire to the odd away game.

One good thing about loads of trips down south next year; loads of Mustafa's pit stops!!!
Raeyes

Postby Sammy h » Sun May 15, 2011 9:58 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:chomp :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Awesome.
Sammy h

Postby Keith » Sun May 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Raeyes wrote:Nowt wrong with the Indies, great laugh. But these guys want to go to every game, whereas the indies do 5-10 trips a season maybe. The only travel clubs that go every week are Sardines on Tour and the officials.

I agree with all the post, especially the Mustapha's pit-stop! Only thing to add though is that the 'Indies' would probably do more trips if there was enough demand. Sixteen every week may make the difference? Nowt wrong with the Sardines, quite the opposite, great bunch of folk. In fact, the Indies & Sardines would be the easiest two groups to merge for improved travel in terms of regular, full coaches.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun May 15, 2011 11:48 pm

bentomlinsonMFC wrote:
Raeyes wrote:Serious suggestion, why don't you get in touch with Garry Hocking (Sardines on Tour)? He takes transport to every away game. If he had the demand for it, it would be a coach to every away game. At the moment the demand seems to be there for nearish games, of which there are very few next season.

Thanks for the idea mate, but there is about 16 of us that would want to go to these away games, we are trying to get each dad to chip in each game. But obviously it would be a lot better to have a driver for every game.

Could you get your Dads to take turns?

I would do it as i am going to every away game next season.....but tend to fall asleep after 100 miles! :(
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby mfcbro » Mon May 16, 2011 5:17 am

Is the new supporters club not going to do any travel next season?
mfcbro

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon May 16, 2011 6:42 am

supporters club of Morecambe.
mrpotatohead

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon May 16, 2011 9:16 am

Same for all the travel clubs to away games, which their should hopefully be a list of numbers and contact details somewhere soon.

But seriously this travel clubs need fans, it helps keep costs down and it makes for a better away atmosphere :D
thegentlegiant

Postby morecambe mick » Mon May 16, 2011 5:08 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:supporters club of Morecambe.

Splitters :!:

:lol:
morecambe mick

Postby morecambe mick » Mon May 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Keith wrote:
Raeyes wrote:Nowt wrong with the Indies, great laugh. But these guys want to go to every game, whereas the indies do 5-10 trips a season maybe. The only travel clubs that go every week are Sardines on Tour and the officials.

I agree with all the post, especially the Mustapha's pit-stop! Only thing to add though is that the 'Indies' would probably do more trips if there was enough demand. Sixteen every week may make the difference? Nowt wrong with the Sardines, quite the opposite, great bunch of folk. In fact, the Indies & Sardines would be the easiest two groups to merge for improved travel in terms of regular, full coaches.

Nowt wrong with the Sardines - nice on toast! With chilli to take the taste away :lol:

The Indies, we, didn't travel to as many away games last season due to numbers and peoples financial predicaments. Gary is fortunate enough to be self employed and is able to "arrange" his work around mid-week away games, something I (underpaid and overworked) am not able to do. He is also fortunate enough to have a regular crew who, in the main, don't let him down and are all rich :D (ducks for cover :!: )
What is being asked for is quite difficult for reasons already raised, crb requirements are being relaxed but that aside taking a group of minors is a big responsibility. Also if it is done for reward, free entry counts as reward, then the insurance on mini buses that are hired is invalid.

Next season it is looking like alot of games are going to be long distance and with the price of fuel raising at astronomical rates the price of travel will raise accordingly, I can see less and less being able to afford away travel - good as it is.
morecambe mick

Postby marky No.1 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:23 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:But seriously this travel clubs need fans, it helps keep costs down and it makes for a better away atmosphere :D

Yes it would be there to keep costs down like at Gillingham away when a No Show meant the Indies were out of pocket ;)

Good points well put Mick, I guess I class as a Sardindie :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Tue May 17, 2011 7:19 pm

stevanshrimp wrote:
bentomlinsonMFC wrote:

I would do it as i am going to every away game next season.....but tend to fall asleep after 100 miles! :(

Would you be interested mate? Or is it the sleeping problem....
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby stevanshrimp » Tue May 17, 2011 11:03 pm

[/quote]

I would do it as i am going to every away game next season.....but tend to fall asleep after 100 miles! :([/quote]

Would you be interested mate? Or is it the sleeping problem....[/quote]

Yea sorry. I'm going to be driven from now on 8-)
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion