Capaldi? Sign him up!

Capaldi? Sign him up!

Postby Keith » Sun May 15, 2011 12:24 pm

I wrote in another thread about players with egos and how I can't see any of the egos being welcome in a Bentley team.

With that in mind, I wonder if Capaldi (if he doesn't go to Oxford) would be a good signing for Jim? Here is a guy who clearly has talent, but for one reason or another, has lost his way. Perhaps Jim would be the type of guy to get him back on track? If his head was straight, could he regain the kind of form that had him playing for Northern Ireland when they beat England? If (for example) he was involved in the Football in the Community scheme, would the fans be able to forgive him?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Capaldi? Sign him up!

Postby Morectalk » Sun May 15, 2011 12:27 pm

You won't need a very big fish hook on the end of your rod for this one !!! :lol:
Morectalk

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun May 15, 2011 12:35 pm

Very interesting post. (That's if you're being serious) Tony Capaldi didn't play at the level he did for nothing. The games he played for us, it was clear he wasnt committed to the cause. Maybe under Jim he could regain his form and win us over. Can't see it happening but you never know. Interesting one.
chrise27007mk2

Postby morecambe mick » Sun May 15, 2011 1:19 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:Very interesting post. (That's if you're being serious) Tony Capaldi didn't play at the level he did for nothing. The games he played for us, it was clear he wasnt committed to the cause. Maybe under Jim he could regain his form and win us over. Can't see it happening but you never know. Interesting one.

I agree with Chris the guy obviously has talent, maybe just a matter of getting under his shell the get him to play. He didn't slag off the fans or the club, just the previous regime. Not the first player to make pass comment on training - just the first to be careless where he's made comments.
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 15, 2011 1:22 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
chrise27007mk2 wrote:Very interesting post. (That's if you're being serious) Tony Capaldi didn't play at the level he did for nothing. The games he played for us, it was clear he wasnt committed to the cause. Maybe under Jim he could regain his form and win us over. Can't see it happening but you never know. Interesting one.

I agree with Chris the guy obviously has talent, maybe just a matter of getting under his shell the get him to play. He didn't slag off the fans or the club, just the previous regime. Not the first player to make pass comment on training - just the first to be careless where he's made comments.

Good point and one that many failed to recognise.

Still would be a welcome addition to the new squad under the new management structure.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun May 15, 2011 1:46 pm

Any player that didn't put in 100% under Sammy can sod off even now he has gone. They contributed towards putting our football league status in jeapody and I wouldn't want to see them put on a Morecambe shirt again.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Sun May 15, 2011 2:04 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:Very interesting post. (That's if you're being serious)

I was!

Morecambe Jack wrote:Any player that didn't put in 100% under Sammy can sod off even now he has gone. They contributed towards putting our football league status in jeapody and I wouldn't want to see them put on a Morecambe shirt again.

I suppose that kind of answers my question, that some fans wouldn't put it behind them?

For me, if the guy was actually wanting to get his career back on track and was willing to put Morecambe FC first with gambling and Guinness a distant second, I think I'd like to see him do so. If he can regain some of that form that made him an international and a Championship player, then I'd rather he did it for us than against us. This whole debacle may be just what he needs to get his head out of his arse. A player with talent and a point to prove can be an asset.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 15, 2011 2:11 pm

not for me, although i can see where Kieth is coming from recapturing form he does have the ability

but its his Big Charlie attitude whats the problem. i can imagine him thinking who does Jim Bentley think he is shouting at me when i have played for Leeds United and at International level he's only played in the BSP

and its not just is twitter outbursts even before he joined us he said in as may words "i only see MFC as a short term solution intill i find something better"

no thanks.
George Dawes

Postby footballfan » Sun May 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Wonder if Rooney has the same thoghts when on the end of lashing from Sir Fergie of Govan??
footballfan

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 15, 2011 2:36 pm

footballfan wrote:Wonder if Rooney has the same thoghts when on the end of lashing from Sir Fergie of Govan??

Fergie's record speaks/spoke for itself before Wayne joined United and Wayne didn't join United with a attitude of "oh well i suppose there alright for the time being untill i find something better" plus Capaldi tried to get himself a move to Aberdeen while with us

the Twitter thing just echoed his feelings
George Dawes

Postby jmatkinson » Sun May 15, 2011 2:41 pm

It's a bit late now. According to SkySports he has already signed a 2 year contract with Oxford and has stated how he wants to get another promotion in his career and Oxford is the perfect place to do it. :|
jmatkinson

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:Any player that didn't put in 100% under Sammy can sod off even now he has gone. They contributed towards putting our football league status in jeapody and I wouldn't want to see them put on a Morecambe shirt again.

If thats the case, we need a new squad. Bar 3 or 4.
chrise27007mk2

Postby Raeyes » Sun May 15, 2011 4:14 pm

Capaldi had one good game for us (Southend away, which hardly anybody saw), and was largely anonymous for the remainder that he participated in. I've yet to see any ability that a few people have crowed about, just countless mistakes at the back. His CV suggests that he is on a downward spiral, we should leave well alone. Cowperthwaite has a decent throw-in and hasn't thus far demonstrated a tendency for being an arsehole. Capaldi you are the weakest link, goodbye.
Raeyes

Postby parceldave » Sun May 15, 2011 5:23 pm

chrise27007mk2 wrote:

If thats the case, we need a new squad. Bar 3 or 4.

What Jack said is absolutely right , and your reply is absolutely right too, apart from about 5 players the rest are not good enough, a lot of the games last season we were out paced and out muscled , two vital positions that need filling are a Brian Healy and a Michael Twiss (i wish) , but maybe under Jimbo ,.Twissy could do a job for us again ;) ;) ;)
parceldave

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 15, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm just looking forward to shouting at him in the Oxford game next season :) !
Little Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sun May 15, 2011 10:24 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:I'm just looking forward to shouting at him in the Oxford game next season :) !

Too right, give him hell! Remember Blackie taking Dean Howell out after about two minutes when he returned to Christie Park? He went missing for the next 88 minutes! Perhaps the same for Crapaldi.... as he's not one of us! :lol:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby PottedShrimp » Sun May 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Keith wrote:I wrote in another thread about players with egos and how I can't see any of the egos being welcome in a Bentley team.

With that in mind, I wonder if Capaldi (if he doesn't go to Oxford) would be a good signing for Jim? Here is a guy who clearly has talent, but for one reason or another, has lost his way. Perhaps Jim would be the type of guy to get him back on track? If his head was straight, could he regain the kind of form that had him playing for Northern Ireland when they beat England? If (for example) he was involved in the Football in the Community scheme, would the fans be able to forgive him?

Interesting point, though I think he's now signed for Oxford hasn't he?, but I don't buy it (or his contrived "apology") I'm afraid. I fear that he was the tip of the iceberg when it comes to an attitude problem with the current squad and that needs to be at the top of the list of thing's Jim has to sort out or we'll be in real trouble.
Squillae parvae sed fortes
PottedShrimp

Return to General Discussion