What do Pobble and Ned think?

What do Pobble and Ned think?

Postby Moose » Fri May 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Surely even they must have a smile to themselves this evening? ;)
Moose

Re: What do Pobble and Ned think?

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:57 pm

Even these two have every reason to move on and unite, Positive Pobble & Ned has a certain ring to it ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri May 13, 2011 6:59 pm

OLDHAMADE wrote:Even these two have every reason to move on and unite, Positive Pobble & Ned has a certain ring to it ;)

Positive Pobble and slightly optomistic Ned :lol:
heysham_mfc

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri May 13, 2011 7:26 pm

just spoke to essex shrimp, he is over the fridge about the good knews, darrenlock said omg, wow and yeah.

mfc chris has just bought a bentley, new plates, j1m 60.

CC will no doubt be pleased the board took his advice.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Andy » Fri May 13, 2011 10:57 pm

j1m 60.

would have to be J1MGO :o
sorry :lol:
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri May 13, 2011 11:05 pm

why :?:
mrpotatohead

Postby Andy » Fri May 13, 2011 11:10 pm

you can't have letter number letter number number so G would be a 6
Back on the spanners
Andy

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri May 13, 2011 11:21 pm

FYR 3NUFF
mrpotatohead

Postby Ned » Sat May 14, 2011 10:14 am

Moose wrote:Surely even they must have a smile to themselves this evening? ;)

No probs with the appointment and I wish him all the best. However I do hope he has not got too close to the players as he will need a strong mindset to unload at least a dozen of them including the so called favourites. A word of caution for Jim is to completely disregard those SV posters who seem to believe the team is only a couple of players away from being a top team. Absolute rubbish, 80-90% of the current squad would struggle to get in a top half Conference team.
Ned

Postby George Dawes » Sat May 14, 2011 10:27 am

Simply Ned wrote:

No probs with the appointment and I wish him all the best. However I do hope he has not got too close to the players as he will need a strong mindset to unload at least a dozen of them including the so called favourites. A word of caution for Jim is to completely disregard those SV posters who seem to believe the team is only a couple of players away from being a top team. Absolute rubbish, 80-90% of the current squad would struggle to get in a top half Conference team.

the latter about 80-90% of the players is a bit on the harsh side.

you will see most of the players next season given a new lease of life and will want to play for Jim Bentley they will be just as excited as us and will be keen for pre-season to start
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 14, 2011 10:41 am

Simply Ned wrote:

Agree with Pobble for the most part especially the bit about 'so called favourites' Don't agree that 80-90% are rubbish, maybe the system that they had to play to?

Above all Jimbo is and has to be his own man and do what he needs to to get a squad of his choosing. Will be difficult to say goodbye to certain players but that's what the role of manager has to do. More so when they have been your former team mates however.

Expectations are and will continue to be high but a word of caution, Jimbo's first season will be a season of transition and if we finish in the top half.. great. Survival is the priority once again. Let's not put too much pressure on the guy, he'll have enough to contend with getting to grip with his new role and putting together a team to play it his way!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby ezz » Sat May 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Didnt realise ned was pobble?
I dont think the squad is that bad, abit like liverpool under hodgeson they have the ability just not the committment. Maybe under jimbo a few of them will shine!
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Sat May 14, 2011 3:17 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Simply Ned wrote:

No probs with the appointment and I wish him all the best.

Agree with Pobble for the most part...

Ned? Pobble? All the same really! :lol:

Christies Child wrote:Let's not put too much pressure on the guy, he'll have enough to contend with getting to grip with his new role and putting together a team to play it his way!

I don't think the pressure from us will matter, Jim will be his own biggest critic.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Sat May 14, 2011 4:32 pm

Simply Ned wrote:

Credit him with a bit of intelligence.

I don't think Jim needs anyone's words of caution to be honest, he's not stupid. He won't take any notice of us numpties on here when it comes to assembling a squad, except insofar as certain 'needs' for next season are obvious to everyone, him included.

Jim has always been 100% committed to this club and anyone who hasn't shown that in recent times will either be straight out on their ear or will have the hard word and, if they don't shape up from the off, they'll be down the road.

He may be 'close' to certain players but will not shirk from demanding the absolute best from them game after game.

This is his big chance - there's no way he'll jeopardise his future by doing favours for mates.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby marky No.1 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Any players in the future will be wondering f**** hell who is this guy? Terminator Shrimp :lol:

Go for it! :D
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby morecambegeek » Sun May 15, 2011 7:12 am

ezz wrote:Didnt realise ned was pobble?
I dont think the squad is that bad, abit like liverpool under hodgeson they have the ability just not the committment. Maybe under jimbo a few of them will shine!

Players are professional. They shouldn't NEED an inspirational manager to make them give 100% - it should be what they put out every week. Those players that didn't give 100% on many occasions should be consigned to the scrap heap to become someone else's problems.

Same thing for Liverpool - the players that got the club into the shit by not player for Hodgson should be hanging their heads. They could be in a Champions League spot now had they put a better shift in earlier in the season. The lack of criticism directed at the players for their performances under Hodgson was pathetic.
morecambegeek

Postby stevanshrimp » Sun May 15, 2011 1:17 pm

morecambegeek wrote:

Players are professional. They shouldn't NEED an inspirational manager to make them give 100% - it should be what they put out every week. Those players that didn't give 100% on many occasions should be consigned to the scrap heap to become someone else's problems.

Same thing for Liverpool - the players that got the club into the shit by not player for Hodgson should be hanging their heads. They could be in a Champions League spot now had they put a better shift in earlier in the season. The lack of criticism directed at the players for their performances under Hodgson was pathetic.

So, are you saying a professional Football team doesn't need a Manager?
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Sun May 15, 2011 2:49 pm

morecambegeek wrote:

I think you're wrong. If a player doesn't believe in a managers system or managerial ability (however you want to put it) its going to affect their performances. Its natural.
chrise27007mk2

Postby ezz » Sun May 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Players are still human, and a manager needs to have inspirational good leadership skills or else those who play under him won't go into a game withthe belief the system will win
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Pobble » Mon May 16, 2011 9:29 am

Neither did I, but I must not argue with CC because I have been given a Yellow card by the Mods.
Pobble

Postby Pobble » Mon May 16, 2011 9:47 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
OLDHAMADE wrote:Even these two have every reason to move on and unite, Positive Pobble & Ned has a certain ring to it ;)

Positive Pobble and slightly optomistic Ned :lol:

I think it is a superb decision and now we can move forward with confidence that next season will make us all forget about the junk we have just had to watch recently.
I think Jimbo needs an experienced Assistant guide him.
See, Positive Pobble !!!!!!
Pobble

Return to General Discussion