Jimbo is...

Jimbo is...

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Our new manager, amazing, a legend AND the 4th youngest manager in the top 4 tiers!

1.MK Dons-Karl Robinson-30
2.Burnley-Eddie Howe-33
3.Bristol Rovers-Stuart Campbell-33
4.MORECAMBE-JIM BENTLEY-34
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Re: Jimbo is...

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Good stat mate.

And just look how successful the MK Dons and Burnley bosses have been, at a young age.

;)
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri May 13, 2011 8:35 pm

otto phister of the cameroon was the oldest ever manager.

anyone else want to add to the pointless managers age thread.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:37 pm

I can honestly see a puch for promotion, no joke! I'm just so happy with the appointment! Have to say you'r right with how well the young managers have done, can see Burnley going up next year and MK Dons going up this year...with The Shrimps playing PNE nest year
;)
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri May 13, 2011 8:42 pm

bit ageist post pecky, clough was 29 when he started top flight management, making jim a late starter, kurt tains in sweden manged brondby when he was 16, leading them to the title twishe, shweet or what :!:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky » Fri May 13, 2011 9:24 pm

Peckishparrish13 wrote:I can honestly see a puch for promotion, no joke!

Now, now. Let's not put him under too much pressure. Next season is about rebuilding and starting afresh with a new, longer term approach. Upper reaches of mid table and possible push for a play off spot should be our aim. Anything better would be a bonus. Mind, I'm sure he himself would aim for much higher given the kinda guy he is!
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Fri May 13, 2011 9:26 pm

marky wrote:
Peckishparrish13 wrote:I can honestly see a puch for promotion, no joke!

Now, now. Let's not put him under too much pressure. Next season is about rebuilding and starting afresh with a new, longer term approach. Upper reaches of mid table and possible push for a play off spot should be our aim. Anything better would be a bonus. Mind, I'm sure he himself would aim for much higher given the kinda guy he is!

Jimbo will be a fantastic manager, maybe being a bit optimistic, but i can see Jimbo holding the play-off trophy!!
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby ezz » Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 pm

I know they say aim for the stars but dont get too carried away. The last thing Jim needs is fans expecting or thinking we should have a good crack at a play-off place next season, we'll see what happens in the transfer window first.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Dragofly » Sat May 14, 2011 12:13 am

ezz wrote:I know they say aim for the stars but dont get too carried away. The last thing Jim needs is fans expecting or thinking we should have a good crack at a play-off place next season, we'll see what happens in the transfer window first.

We seem to be setting our goals lower already
Dragofly

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat May 14, 2011 7:54 am

the conference will not know whats hit em :lol:
mrpotatohead

Postby marky No.1 » Sat May 14, 2011 8:49 am

[quote="Dragofly"We seem to be setting our goals lower already[/quote]

They should have been very much higher recently, then some of our shots that flew over the stands might have gone in!

One thing for me that definitely needs tweaking is lomger range shooting on sight! I can only remember 2 goals scored from anywhere beyond the box this last season. Jim will also sort out the headed goals from corners and set pieces we desperately lacked as well.

He will be very busy me thinks!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 14, 2011 8:52 am

marky No.1 wrote:[quote="Dragofly"We seem to be setting our goals lower already

They should have been very much higher recently, then some of our shots that flew over the stands.

One thing for me that definitely needs tweaking is lomger range shooting on sight! I can only remember 2 goals scored from anywhere beyond the box this last season. Jim will also sort out the headed goals from corners and set pieces we desperately lacked as well.[/quote]

Our corners and set pieces have been brilliant...... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Sat May 14, 2011 9:11 am

Brilliant!! :o How many different corner and free kick takers have we tried.? Very few goals from centre backs, I know McCready has improved of late but Jim and Arts contributed much more. I predict Paz will score this season, he had been too busy covering for everyone else! Apart from Will Haining, who would drive a low shot towards goal, many of our free kicks fizzled out :(

Without Drummys goals we would have been :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 14, 2011 9:57 am

marky No.1 wrote:Brilliant!! :o How many different corner and free kick takers have we tried.? Very few goals from centre backs, I know McCready has improved of late but Jim and Arts contributed much more. I predict Paz will score this season, he had been too busy covering for everyone else! Apart from Will Haining, who would drive a low shot towards goal, many of our free kicks fizzled out :(

It was my disgust at our lack of variety of our corners and free kicks that got me into trouble a few weeks back.

Actually they have been crap! Something that Jimbo will sort out.

Wonder if he will use some of the coaching methods of JH who used to stop and start practice games and explain where players had gone wrong and where to position themselves to get the most out of certain situations?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat May 14, 2011 10:00 am

Christies Child wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Brilliant!! :o How many different corner and free kick takers have we tried.? Very few goals from centre backs, I know McCready has improved of late but Jim and Arts contributed much more. I predict Paz will score this season, he had been too busy covering for everyone else! Apart from Will Haining, who would drive a low shot towards goal, many of our free kicks fizzled out :(

It was my disgust at our lack of variety of our corners and free kicks that got me into trouble a few weeks back.

Actually they have been crap! Something that Jimbo will sort out.

Wonder if he will use some of the coaching methods of JH who used to stop and start practice games and explain where players had gone wrong and where to position themselves to get the most out of certain situations?

They have been crap since Stanners ceased being in the team , a fact I am sure is not lost on Jimbo.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion