Positive response from players

Positive response from players

Postby jmatkinson » Fri May 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Adam Rundle : Well done jimbo on the job can't wait to rip it up next year for him
jmatkinson

Re: Positive response from players

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri May 13, 2011 4:02 pm

jmatkinson wrote:Adam Rundle : Well done jimbo on the job can't wait to rip it up next year for him

I saw that on "twitter". Stanners twitters with Adam Rundle so hopefully Stanners will tweat something similar.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Posh » Fri May 13, 2011 4:16 pm

The first thing Adam can do to show a positive response is to move over here from the North East and show he's really committed to bagging a first team place. It's a long trek doing seven hours commuting in the winter and it clearly hasn't helped him.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Fri May 13, 2011 4:27 pm

jmatkinson wrote:Adam Rundle : Well done jimbo on the job can't wait to rip it up next year for him

just reading that alone suggest some players didn't want to play for Sammy, if he did our heads in with tactics and substitution's just think how the players would have felt
George Dawes

Postby ezz » Fri May 13, 2011 4:28 pm

I wonder what kind of pulling power Jim will have on other players?
Will players want to come in and play for him or is it a case of bringing out the best of our current squad?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Crooky MFC » Fri May 13, 2011 4:31 pm

Neil Wainwright - Absolutely delighted for Jim Bentley. I couldn't think of a better man for the job!
Crooky MFC

Postby Sammy h » Fri May 13, 2011 4:32 pm

His first job should be getting rid of Rundle. He is crap!
Sammy h

Postby George Dawes » Fri May 13, 2011 4:33 pm

Posh wrote:The first thing Adam can do to show a positive response is to move over here from the North East and show he's really committed to bagging a first team place. It's a long trek doing seven hours commuting in the winter and it clearly hasn't helped him.

and plus if he's a single lad he could go out in Lancaster with Stanners always plenty of crumpet out ;)
George Dawes

Postby jmatkinson » Fri May 13, 2011 4:35 pm

ezz wrote:I wonder what kind of pulling power Jim will have on other players?
Will players want to come in and play for him or is it a case of bringing out the best of our current squad?

I guess only time will tell. Jim said he wants 100% commitment and effort from everyone who pulls the shirt on. I think Sammy lost the dressing room and they weren't playing for him. So even if we see little transfers, I am 100% positive that the squad will be performing well week in week out. And I can see one man possibly gaining a place in the starting line up *cough*DANNY CARLTON*cough*
jmatkinson

Postby Posh » Fri May 13, 2011 4:38 pm

George Dawes wrote:
Posh wrote:The first thing Adam can do to show a positive response is to move over here from the North East and show he's really committed to bagging a first team place. It's a long trek doing seven hours commuting in the winter and it clearly hasn't helped him.

and plus if he's a single lad he could go out in Lancaster with Stanners always plenty of crumpet out ;)

Got a two year-old with his partner. By all accounts he wanted to stay in the North East and Gateshead offered him a contract. However he wanted to give Football League another go but I think very half-heartedly hence why he didn't move. I'm sure Jim et al will be having a word and find out whether he really wants it or not. If not then he's got another year on his contract and a solution would have to be found.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Posh » Fri May 13, 2011 4:48 pm

jmatkinson wrote:
ezz wrote:I wonder what kind of pulling power Jim will have on other players?

I guess only time will tell. Jim said he wants 100% commitment and effort from everyone who pulls the shirt on. I think Sammy lost the dressing room and they weren't playing for him. So even if we see little transfers, I am 100% positive that the squad will be performing well week in week out. And I can see one man possibly gaining a place in the starting line up *cough*DANNY CARLTON*cough*

I think we need to understand what 'pulling power' really means. Sammy had the pulling power to get former Northern Ireland internationals who've played in the Championship and look where that got us. Yet we struggled to get decent youngsters on loan from Premiership and Championship sides.

I think Jim will do well at finding players. He knows enough former and current players who'll help him out. He's got good connections from his Telford days and through his family and friends. I also know if young players of quality get in front of Jimbo they'll want to play for him.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri May 13, 2011 4:52 pm

Jim certainly seems to know players from other teams when we play them. Ive seen him chatting to quite a few good players including Clayton Donaldson :D :D
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby ezz » Fri May 13, 2011 5:01 pm

Think pulling power is quite a simple term posh, will players in this league or the leagues around, young or old, good or bad want to come to morecambe to play under Jim.
Because our league position and form from last season was not very appetising.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby outsider » Fri May 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Staners6 craig stanley
Congrats to jim bentley on geting the morecambe job fully deserved!all the best mate!
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Joel Ninety » Fri May 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Twitter is over capacity so won't load. Clearly the world wants to know about Jim's appointment.
Joel Ninety

Return to General Discussion