Corpus cracker

Corpus cracker

Postby Vinny » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Copius congratulations to the Corpus crew! It's what we've been short of. A bit of light hearted banter on ear. All tongue in sheek, if I've under-stud it right. Great read, geers guys!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Re: Corpus cracker

Postby campdave » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Loved the back cover :lol:
campdave

Postby slackAlice » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:22 pm

I've two complaints to make about this 'fancy-zine'.

1] It clearly states on the front cover that there's 'free' car stickers inside - well there's only two and neither of them are sticky.

2] It was such a cracking read I'm gunna have to start collecting them as well as the programmes.
slackAlice

Postby Freez » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
Still have around 30 left,
We used to sell 100-120 when we got crowds of 300, we have five times that and we sold 150 today!

Credit Crunch affects Corpus Christie headline methinks! :lol:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Aal » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:48 pm

Well I for one thought it was great to have it back.

Much good humour and some informative stuff too. Is Maurice Gitt based on a real person?

Shame it rained so much today as it's hard to keep paper dry and the pages got stuck together.

When's next one out?
Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
Aal

Postby John L » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Freez wrote:Thanks for the positive feedback guys.
Still have around 30 left,
We used to sell 100-120 when we got crowds of 300, we have five times that and we sold 150 today!

Credit Crunch affects Corpus Christie headline methinks! :lol:

Nah, potential customers were put off by the weather in case the rain ruined their copy! You should've got 'em laminated! :shock:

Nice to meet you, Freez. CC a great read as ever! 8-)
John L

Postby Mark S » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:24 pm

You would be amazed at the amount of people who reacted like you were trying to steal their children when asked to buy one!

Hope the rest are sold. They need to be to ensure it continues. Great fun writing for it, but Freez puts a load of work into editing and getting it printed and then a group of guys volunteer to try and flog them. All for no profit or reward apart from putting smiles on fellow fans faces.

Please buy up the remaining copies. You wont regret it! :D
Mark S

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:35 pm

I bought my copy gladly and it didn't let me down.

I was promised it would be shite and true to it's word, it was!

I loved it!! :D
Martin

Postby skyecat » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:34 pm

Freez wrote:Still have around 30 left,

Put me down for one of them Freez and I'll pick it up at Fat knackers.

Cheers
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby Christies Child » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:30 am

[quote="Mark S"]You would be amazed at the amount of people who reacted like you were trying to steal their children when asked to buy one!

Supporting Stanley as I do :oops: I'd be pretty miffed to pay a quid for that rubbish.

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:35 am

As good as corpus christie was yozzer's pre-match entertainment by the tardis. Watching people avoid him as they realised he wanted money was nearly as funny :lol:
Phoenix

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:32 pm

enjoyed the fanzine especially the huntly trip piece disappointed no pics of the biscuit factory though and forgotten jerry hall could write!!! :lol:
let us know in advance whern issue 18 will be out chaps and will give a plug!!
ta
Shrimpsscene

Postby slackAlice » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:53 pm

Mark s
putting smiles on fellow fans faces.

There were'nt many smiles when I returned to the vendor I purchased my copy from and asked him "why are'nt these car stickers sticky".
A very coarse stocky chap he was ; had what I can only describe as a 'Joe Kinnear' moment "If you think I'm out in this ******* weather listening to ****s like you ******* moaning about ******* car stickers think again you ****.
I then reiterated my point that stickers should be sticky. This chap then moved in closer and said "******* sticky you want is it , I'll give you ******* sticky". He then did something with my copy of CC that I couldn't possibly repeat in the interests of public decency, needless to say he rendered my 'car stickers' very sticky.
He then asked if I went in the paddock ? "yes" said I " same spot for 43 years". His manner became even more unpredictable at this point and smelling strongly of whisky , I'd noticed a half-empty bottle in his inside coat pocket told me to "**** off and get some moaning done". This shocked me into dropping my long cherished flask on the floor [been to Wembley twice has that flask] smashed to bits.
slackAlice

Postby Why no t » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:56 pm

slackAlice wrote:Mark s

There were'nt many smiles when I returned to the vendor I purchased my copy from and asked him "why are'nt these car stickers sticky".
A very coarse stocky chap he was ; had what I can only describe as a 'Joe Kinnear' moment "If you think I'm out in this ******* weather listening to ****s like you ******* moaning about ******* car stickers think again you ****.
I then reiterated my point that stickers should be sticky. This chap then moved in closer and said "******* sticky you want is it , I'll give you ******* sticky". He then did something with my copy of CC that I couldn't possibly repeat in the interests of public decency, needless to say he rendered my 'car stickers' very sticky.
He then asked if I went in the paddock ? "yes" said I " same spot for 43 years". His manner became even more unpredictable at this point and smelling strongly of whisky , I'd noticed a half-empty bottle in his inside coat pocket told me to "**** off and get some moaning done". This shocked me into dropping my long cherished flask on the floor [been to Wembley twice has that flask] smashed to bits.

:lol: :lol:

It wasn't me. I'm quiet, mild mannered and wouldn't say boo to a goose. :D
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby World Cup Willie » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Sounds a bit like Yozzer to me...although yours was probably the only one he sold between bladder-emptyings.
World Cup Willie

Postby Neil G » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Excellent value for very little money, thanks Mark ;) Anyone who hasn't yet bought a copy who would like one should PM Freez and he assured me he will make sure you get one (subject to availability I guess ) again it's a good read, great fun, excellent value and I think sales just about cover the cost of production so please make sure the last few sell so we can have another one soon.
Neil G

Postby Phoenix » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:23 pm

Can't believe it was Yozzer, he just smiled in the rain :lol:

Surprised there's not been a complaint yet, one comment in particular :o :lol: :lol:
Phoenix

Postby Mark S » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:33 pm

slackAlice wrote:Mark s

I think Slack Alice is auditioning for the next issue! :lol: He knows all the guys that were selling it yesterday having spent a trip to MK Dons with them on the Magic Bus ;)
Mark S

Postby slackAlice » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:36 pm

....It was all said in jest ...it was yozzer who sold me my issue and he was politeness personified considering the weather !
slackAlice

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:47 pm

slackAlice wrote:....It was all said in jest ...it was yozzer who sold me my issue and he was politeness personified considering the weather !

wish he'd bring back his tom baker doctor who raincoat
must dig that pic out!!!!
Shrimpsscene

Postby Freez » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:21 am

We now have 25 left!

Thank you to all who purchased a mag. A massive thank you to Mark S, Yozzer and T who stood in the rain with me selling the bloody thing, couldnt have done it without you!

If you have PM'd me then it will be in the post or delivered via Fat Knackers this week, if you know someone who wants one then just PM me.

Next Issue will be New Year or Spring 09 depending on how much we get our shit together. So as usual, Posh, Mark S, Shrimper, 504, Yoz and Jerry Hall, thank you again and I await the next instalments ASAP, ta.

If you feel you have something to say in print, the dafter the better, then just email me on
dj_freez03@yahoo.co.uk with your ramblings, all welcomed.

Keep buying Seamus's excellent programme and we look forward to more silliness soon,
Ta for your positive feedback and support,
Regrads
Freez
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:57 am

You have to love the sketch about the club shop :lol:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Paul Mac » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:20 pm

As usual, a brilliant read and all for a quid! Just the thing for a lazy Sunday on the sofa. Good job to all those involved.
Beidh ár lá linn
Paul Mac

Return to General Discussion