a gem unearthed

a gem unearthed

Postby mazatec » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Arron Taylor
This boy is good , very good. One noticed immediately how he controlled the ball and laid it off with purpose,something that has been missing with our play,for a long time.
Also the lad is a natural scorer, he will be a regular from now on.
mazatec

Re: a gem unearthed

Postby ftm » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:32 pm

his dad was better!
ftm

Postby Shrimpsscene » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:36 pm

well done Aaron
I wouldnt rule out him starting Tuesday night..... 8-)
Shrimpsscene

Postby Christies Child » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:41 pm

Hold on...let's not carried away.

10 minutes against a team in a similar position to ourselves isn't long enough to pass judgement.

If he plays v Chester who are 'scrappers' that will give us a better assessment of his ability.

Mind you, Sammy seems to be pleased.....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby B.H.C #3 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:52 pm

I think Aaron should have finished the chance himself which led up to the goal.
B.H.C #3

Postby DTSJim » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:59 pm

ftm wrote:his dad was better!

Rod? :P
DTSJim

Postby ezz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:22 am

mazatec wrote:Arron Taylor
This boy is good , very good. One noticed immediately how he controlled the ball and laid it off with purpose,something that has been missing with our play,for a long time.

Haha you his best mate or something?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Neilythere » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:31 am

ezz wrote:

Haha you his best mate or something?

Come clean mazatec sounds a bit dodgy this post, admit you are Aaron T. ;)
Neilythere

Postby Dazzer » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:39 am

Well I counted 3 decent lay-offs, let's not get carried away. It's very easy to see any new face, particularly a youngster coming through the ranks as the new 'great hope'.
Let's not be putting preassure on the lad, Samy obviously has faith in him, but let's just leave him to nuture young Arron into first team football gradually.
Dazzer

Postby shrimper » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:58 am

I never get carried away but this lad has impressed me every time I've seen him. He has a good touch and can put the ball away when in a position to do so. Of course there's a big difference between doing that for the Ressies and translating that into the Football League but he has looked better for the Reserves than other players when they've dropped down.

If O'Carroll was firing on all cylinders, then fair enough, he'd be untouchable. But he's not so maybe Aaron will get a chance soon.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:31 am

Dazzer wrote:

Well I counted 3 decent lay-offs, let's not get carried away. It's very easy to see any new face, particularly a youngster coming through the ranks as the new 'great hope'.
Let's not be putting preassure on the lad, Samy obviously has faith in him, but let's just leave him to nuture young Arron into first team football gradually.

hear hear.

Sammy has taken a bit of stick , usually from anonymous posters who are relatives of young players who have been released, for not giving the youth a chance. Sammy is obviously impressed by him and Sammy will remember when he got his first chance at the age of 17 and scored against Man City.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion