Jimbo! Jimbo! JIMBO!!!

Re: Jimbo! Jimbo! JIMBO!!!

Postby morecambegeek » Tue May 10, 2011 5:50 pm

It's speculation on my part, but what about Ian Swan? Darren Kempson? Chris Blackburn? Dave Artell? Michael Howard? Jimmy Kelly? Carl Ruffer? Adam Sollit? Craig Mawson? Dean Howell? Adriano Rigoglioso? Lee Elam? Ben Lavelle?
morecambegeek

Postby MfcChris » Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 pm

Micky Adams manager?

Out of a job.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Sharpy » Tue May 10, 2011 6:10 pm

you forgot about Justin Jackson
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue May 10, 2011 6:41 pm

morecambegeek wrote:It's speculation on my part, but what about Ian Swan? Darren Kempson? Chris Blackburn? Dave Artell? Michael Howard? Jimmy Kelly? Carl Ruffer? Adam Sollit? Craig Mawson? Dean Howell? Adriano Rigoglioso? Lee Elam? Ben Lavelle?

What about them?
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambes_robbo » Wed May 11, 2011 7:39 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
morecambegeek wrote:It's speculation on my part, but what about Ian Swan? Darren Kempson? Chris Blackburn? Dave Artell? Michael Howard? Jimmy Kelly? Carl Ruffer? Adam Sollit? Craig Mawson? Dean Howell? Adriano Rigoglioso? Lee Elam? Ben Lavelle?

What about them?

Ben Lavelle was my form teacher and PE teacher.

he managed our footie team but dont think hes ready to take the big step up to league 2 football yet.
I havent seen that much FILA since The Business
morecambes_robbo

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed May 11, 2011 8:18 am

Ben Lavelle ressurected the schools town team in this area, he took our age group for the town team and then the county side, which he took a few of us from this district to represent, really good coach. Nice guy too
LA1Shrimp

Postby Dragofly » Wed May 11, 2011 12:02 pm

Thought we had all agreed on Graham Alexander weeks ago
Dragofly

Postby morecambes_robbo » Wed May 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Dragofly wrote:Thought we had all agreed on Graham Alexander weeks ago

to be honest i think we should get someone who has passion for the club. Loves being at the games, knows the players and can interact with them.

right decision is made for me Christie the cat it is
morecambes_robbo

Postby Shrimp » Wed May 11, 2011 12:44 pm

If Jimbo gets the job he needs a really experienced assistant!

Worried that he doesn't have the managerial skills YET to ensure our survival in League 2
Shrimp

Postby Greg72 » Wed May 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Greg72

Postby stoyles » Wed May 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Christies Child wrote:This IS speculation on my part but IF Jimbo gets the job, hows about Ged Brannan as No2?

I believe that both Jimbo and Ged travelled to the club together and are friends both on and off the field.

:?: :?: :?:

this little gem has been banded about for months and a partnership I think would work with drummie doing what jimbo has done this season.

Just 1 other thought, if alexander is still keen on playing how about him been jimbo's number 2 ??????????
stoyles

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Greg72 wrote:http://www.thevisitor.co.uk/news/morecambe-and-district-news/alexander_favourite_to_be_shrimps_boss_1_3370147

Other names thought to be in contention are Micky Adams, sacked by Sheffield United last night following their relegation from the Championship and Kidderminster Harriers manager Steve Burr.

STEVE BURR ???? Where did they get THAT idea from ??? :?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby LA1Shrimp » Wed May 11, 2011 2:20 pm

Steve Burr has done a good job at Kiddy and i believe is manager of the non league England side. I think if Jim were to be appointed he would bring in backroom staff from his contacts in the Liverpool area. Lot if very good clubs at all levels around the city.
Last edited by LA1Shrimp on Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LA1Shrimp

Postby morecambes_robbo » Wed May 11, 2011 2:56 pm

stoyles wrote:
Christies Child wrote:This IS speculation on my part but IF Jimbo gets the job, hows about Ged Brannan as No2?

I believe that both Jimbo and Ged travelled to the club together and are friends both on and off the field.

:?: :?: :?:

this little gem has been banded about for months and a partnership I think would work with drummie doing what jimbo has done this season.

Just 1 other thought, if alexander is still keen on playing how about him been jimbo's number 2 ??????????

You not fancy taking the step up from the supporters team PAT?
morecambes_robbo

Postby shrimper » Wed May 11, 2011 4:12 pm

I'll throw another name into the mix.

Gary Mills.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby The Marksman » Wed May 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Love Jim but I think he might lack in terms of contacts throughout the game, e.g. for transfers and loans. I'd like to see him be part of the setup though.

Graham Alexander would come with a fatter rollerdex of contacts, as would Ronnie Moore who also has plenty of managerial experience he could pass on - he'd be my personal choice if we could get him.
The Marksman

Postby Keith » Wed May 11, 2011 5:45 pm

How about...

Hope Powell with Jim as assistant manager? Mix a successful England manager who is up on all the latest coaching techniques and well connected within the FA, with a massive boost in our profile. I don't suspect for a moment that she'd take any crap but with Jim as number two, there would definitely be no crap!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby MfcChris » Wed May 11, 2011 5:49 pm

Graham Alexandra has not managed a club before has he so what benefit has his no experience over Jimbo? Player recruitment I guess but is that enough.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 11, 2011 6:03 pm

MfcChris wrote:Graham Alexandra has not managed a club before has he so what benefit has his no experience over Jimbo? Player recruitment I guess but is that enough.
that's exactly how i see it
George Dawes

Postby The Marksman » Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 pm

Yep, which is why I'd prefer Ronnie Moore.
The Marksman

Postby MfcChris » Wed May 11, 2011 7:10 pm

George Dawes wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Graham Alexandra has not managed a club before has he so what benefit has his no experience over Jimbo? Player recruitment I guess but is that enough.
that's exactly how i see it

I hope if they want jimbo after tomorrow's board meeting, they just go with him on Friday and not mess about interviewing other people.

A lot of players will probably be on holiday this week and next and we need someone to snap up the released ones ASAP when they return.
MfcChris

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 11, 2011 7:18 pm

for me realistically Ronnie Moore or Jimbo or even better both?

need to forget about Colman just for now for obvious reasons.
George Dawes

Postby dazza » Wed May 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Keith wrote:How about...

Hope Powell with Jim as assistant manager? Mix a successful England manager who is up on all the latest coaching techniques and well connected within the FA, with a massive boost in our profile. I don't suspect for a moment that she'd take any crap but with Jim as number two, there would definitely be no crap!

thats the most rediculous thing i ever did hear,,,,,,,,,go live on the isle of ma ohhh shit too late....lol
****dazza****
dazza

Postby dazza » Wed May 11, 2011 8:55 pm

shrimper wrote:I'll throw another name into the mix.

Gary Mills.

ide rather us have heather!! myself,,,,,,she got a few quid!!!!!!
****dazza****
dazza

Postby shrimper » Wed May 11, 2011 10:03 pm

George Dawes wrote:for me realistically Ronnie Moore or Jimbo or even better both?

need to forget about Colman just for now for obvious reasons.

Ronnie Moore? One of the list of journeyman managers I hope we DON'T look at. May as well have stuck by Sammy if we're thinking on those lines.

For me, we either need someone who has very recent contacts within the modern game, preferably in the north west and who may offer a fresh approach (Alexander would fit that bill); someone who has a record of decent success in a lower league and is looking to bring that to a higher level (Gary Mills, Steve Burr); or I'd give it to Jimbo.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion