Radio Lancs NOW

Re: Radio Lancs NOW

Postby Freez » Tue May 10, 2011 9:22 pm

Dave Jones was assistant to Brian Griffiths as I recall, but could be wrong!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:27 pm

No, Posh. Dave Jones was Griff's assistant mate.

Another assistant Jim Harvey had was Ian Dalziel (ex Carlisle and Derby of course)

:geek:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:28 pm

halftimeresults wrote:Harvey had quite alot of assistants in his time at Morecambe

Andy Mutch
Tony Hesketh
Big Jim McCluskie
Dave Miller

And, in fact, yet ANOTHER one was Sir Richard of Danson.
Seasider9601

Postby Keith » Tue May 10, 2011 9:46 pm

MfcChris wrote:I can't even remember who took over the Cambridge game.

Wasn't that one of two occasions when Dave Edge was in charge?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue May 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Keith wrote:

Isnt that a taboo subject :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Now_Then » Tue May 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Didnt Dave Jones play for us in a cup final against the Man city of non league, Colyne dynamoes? Im sure the club were short on players in the days when Overtime and night shifts had to be taken into account.
Now_Then

Postby Now_Then » Tue May 10, 2011 10:17 pm

another one whilst im here, didnt Ian dalziel score a goal for us and get knocked out at the same time? I remember the ball spanking him on the back of the head, knocking him out and looping in? He played the rest of the game with a bandage on his head!?
Now_Then

Postby Keith » Tue May 10, 2011 10:21 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
Keith wrote:

Isnt that a taboo subject :lol:

You're just not allowed to mention that he's left! :roll:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue May 10, 2011 10:25 pm

hope edgey is not working at fleetwood :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby The Fury » Tue May 10, 2011 10:31 pm

George Dawes wrote:the sensible thing for the club to do is announce Jim Bentley caretaker manager in the meantime as he is still a employee and now senior coach of MFC especially with Kevan Hurst being released today and more to follow out of contract

allowing the club take there time making the decision of the next manager not rushing into things(panic buying)

Can't quite work out the logic there. If this scenario came to fruition then clearly Jimbo wouldn't be in the frame to take the job full-time. It'd be pointless asking him to negotiate contracts for existing players when any prospective incoming manager, with no affiliation to the club, may not want them.

I can't think of any time in footballing history when a club has announced the appointment of a caretaker, or interim, manager in the off-season! Seems entirely counter-productive.
The Fury

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue May 10, 2011 10:40 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:hope edgey is not working at fleetwood :lol:

nah still local and what he does best, rubbing vic in the wound.............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Wed May 11, 2011 5:55 am

The Fury wrote:
George Dawes wrote:the sensible thing for the club to do is announce Jim Bentley caretaker manager in the meantime as he is still a employee and now senior coach of MFC especially with Kevan Hurst being released today and more to follow out of contract

allowing the club take there time making the decision of the next manager not rushing into things(panic buying)

Can't quite work out the logic there. If this scenario came to fruition then clearly Jimbo wouldn't be in the frame to take the job full-time. It'd be pointless asking him to negotiate contracts for existing players when any prospective incoming manager, with no affiliation to the club, may not want them.

I can't think of any time in footballing history when a club has announced the appointment of a caretaker, or interim, manager in the off-season! Seems entirely counter-productive.

i can very recently the Blackburn Manager this year, its quiet commen in football Jimbo still as a job at the club "playey coach reserve team manager" its simple Jim runs things on a temparay basis and at the same time trying to impress people its better than losing a lot of good players in the next few weeks whos contract are running out leaving us half staffed that itself could put a manger off thinking he will have his work cut out from the off

i could name more but unless your trying to be clever with my use of the word announced but you know exactly what i mean.
George Dawes

Postby The Fury » Wed May 11, 2011 7:28 am

George Dawes wrote:
The Fury wrote:

i can very recently the Blackburn Manager this year, its quiet commen in football Jimbo still as a job at the club "playey coach reserve team manager" its simple Jim runs things on a temparay basis and at the same time trying to impress people its better than losing a lot of good players in the next few weeks whos contract are running out leaving us half staffed that itself could put a manger off thinking he will have his work cut out from the off

i could name more but unless your trying to be clever with my use of the word announced but you know exactly what i mean.

Eh? Steve Kean was appointed caretaker mid-season.

On reflection, I think I can see where you are coming from about the need to retain certain players from last season's squad and that is a factor why I think Jimbo should be considered for the manager's role.....but on a permanent basis.
The Fury

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:09 am

Dave Jones did play for us in The Lancashire ATS Final at Ewood Park v. Colne Barleymows, yes. He also played the last 3 or 4 league games too in the NPL.

Colne Dynorods beat us 2-0 at Ewood, Dave Lancaster and Andy Grimshaw to name but 2 in their team.

The bullet header which knocked out a player with it's force, was actually (future Shrimps manager) Billy Wright - September(ish) 1988 in a 5-2 home win over Gainsborough Trinity. I've never seen a goal like it. Bullet header at the (then) uncovered North Stand end of Christie Park. Billy "Bunter" Wright was out cold for about 5 or 10 minutes !!!
Seasider9601

Postby Now_Then » Wed May 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Im sure dalziel got a goal similar to one you just mentioned! One of my earliest memories of watching morecambe is that Billy Wright goal. Remember him posing with frontier fred in the visitor too when he was Manager.
Now_Then

Previous

Return to General Discussion