Released By Rotherham

Released By Rotherham

Postby Now_Then » Tue May 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Tom Pope and Kevin Ellison are among a few players that have been released. I know Ellison is a name that has been mentioned a few times in the past and he is still a decent player but i guess he falls into the "journyman" catergory.

Tom Pope was impressive for crewe and scored a couple for Rotherham and didnt he go out on loan(Port Vale)? Hes a young lad brought through by dario gradi but could we forgive the kissing of the Lancaster City badge when he was on loan there and played against us? Wasn't that when Lancaster employed a mexican manager who had links with crewe?
Now_Then

Re: Released By Rotherham

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 pm

The same Kevin Ellison who was a sub for Bratfud City this season at the Globe and was taunted by the MBW for being a "Chester Reject" ???!!!! :lol:

Nah, well past it he is mate I would say.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Now_Then » Tue May 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Hes one of those players we love to hate though. I heard him getting some grief but he laughed it off and gave some back too which makes a change from most players who carry a huge ego! He might be knocking on a bit but he doesnt seem to carry any weight and id say hes a creative player that can make things happen and if you look at our current squad, we dont have many of them!
Now_Then

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue May 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Now_Then wrote:Hes one of those players we love to hate though. I heard him getting some grief but he laughed it off and gave some back too which makes a change from most players who carry a huge ego! He might be knocking on a bit but he doesnt seem to carry any weight and id say hes a creative player that can make things happen and if you look at our current squad, we dont have many of them!

Dont you think we need a manager first :roll:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Now_Then » Tue May 10, 2011 10:09 pm

In reply to your well thought out response my friend, yes, we do need a manager. I wasnt saying that we must sign these players up straight away and the fact we have a management vacancy did not escape me. I was simply saying that these two players are available and getting into the post season speculating spirit!

if you say he is past it mate, he must be and if you say we need a manager in place, we must do.
Now_Then

Return to General Discussion