Summer Signings

Summer Signings

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Mon May 09, 2011 8:10 pm

So who do we reckon could be playing at the globe next year?
bentomlinsonMFC

Re: Summer Signings

Postby morecambe mick » Mon May 09, 2011 8:21 pm

Rory Patterson - striker.
morecambe mick

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:23 pm

bentomlinsonMFC wrote:So who do we reckon could be playing at the globe next year?

Plymouth Argyle, Swindon Town, Bratfud City (again !!!!!!!!!) etc etc .... ! :lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Bare Ben » Mon May 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Who cares? They'll only get lambasted and booed out of the club eventually anyway.
Bare Ben

Postby chrise27007mk2 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:28 pm

Depends if they have twitter.
chrise27007mk2

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 8:29 pm

Bencherif and Hackney.

And maybe AKINFENWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Little Shrimp

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Mon May 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Bencherif and Hackney.

And maybe AKINFENWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Akinfenwa is that a joke?
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby halftimeresults » Mon May 09, 2011 8:34 pm

well if Jimbo does not get the job, we will need somone to fill his shirt :lol:
halftimeresults

Postby bentomlinsonMFC » Mon May 09, 2011 8:35 pm

I have mentioned this name a few times, calvin zola.... oh and by the way of you didnt know neil wainwright is getting released i think :(
bentomlinsonMFC

Postby Sharpy » Mon May 09, 2011 8:38 pm

get spencer signed up. he looks like he enjoys it (as much as has been possible this year) and hasn't he said so before? he's the kind of person Jim (or whoever else) could build round, young, passion, wants to play.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 8:40 pm

The Brats have released a lot of players today including Omah Daley (winger)

anyone think he would be ok for us ?

also released by the Brats were Gareth Evans (a forward we tried to sign when he was at Macclesfield) and Tommy Docherty (a midfielder who Smmy said was the best midfielder in league 2 when he was at Wycombe)
Last edited by Heysham_Shrimp on Mon May 09, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon May 09, 2011 8:41 pm

dya think just MAYBE stanners may comeback...hope so :oops:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Posh » Mon May 09, 2011 9:11 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Who cares? They'll only get lambasted and booed out of the club eventually anyway.

Do you play more than one tune or just a broken record? I know most of it is just a wind up to get at a few people but give it a rest. If you're for real, and I know from our bus trip to Barnet, that some of it is I'm stunned that someone with a brain can't realise that those with criticisms of Sammy had at least some fair points and that this season is the first I've seen any meaningful lambasting by more than a handful since the mid-80s.

The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train.

P.S. Surely Sammy walked out on us anyway?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby dazza » Mon May 09, 2011 9:18 pm

The best we can hope for regards jimmy spencer is another loan,,,,,he has just signed a 2 year deal with huddersfield.......hope he will come back and progress his education here.....i know he respects jimbo highly.....but i suppose it will depend on what happens with huddersfield in play off etc and the quality lee clark brings in....
****dazza****
dazza

Postby Bare Ben » Mon May 09, 2011 9:22 pm

Posh wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Who cares? They'll only get lambasted and booed out of the club eventually anyway.

Do you play more than one tune or just a broken record? I know most of it is just a wind up to get at a few people but give it a rest. If you're for real, and I know from our bus trip to Barnet, that some of it is I'm stunned that someone with a brain can't realise that those with criticisms of Sammy had at least some fair points and that this season is the first I've seen any meaningful lambasting by more than a handful since the mid-80s.

The light at the end of the tunnel is the light of an oncoming train.

P.S. Surely Sammy walked out on us anyway?

Trust me i'm for real, i'm close to giving up on this football club completely because who ever comes can take us to the premier league it won't stop the b*stards who have sat behind sammy and mark for the last 5 years berating them to the point of them leaving. I can't wait to finish 24th next season, the moaning old w*nkers won't give a flying f*ck when we're back in the conference because they'll be knocking on deaths door. They've got their wish, now watch us fall. Spineless tw*ts don't realise they have lost us the greatest management team in our history and instead everyone would rather relieve themselves over John Coleman.
Last edited by Bare Ben on Mon May 09, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bare Ben

Postby mrpotatohead » Mon May 09, 2011 9:23 pm

lee clarke eh, total legend.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Sammy h » Mon May 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Macclesfield striker, can't remember his name now, think it's Sinclair? Take Calvin Zola too and we have some pacy forwards.

Throw Bencheriff into the equation too.
Sammy h

Postby dazza » Mon May 09, 2011 9:27 pm

lol not the lee clark of the removal dept i was meaning lee clark the huddersfield manager not the former bath hotel fc manager or assistant or linesman....kit man....nett putter upper corner flag placer!!!....lol.
****dazza****
dazza

Postby morecambe mick » Mon May 09, 2011 9:30 pm

dazza wrote:lol not the lee clark of the removal dept i was meaning lee clark the huddersfield manager not the former bath hotel fc manager or assistant or linesman....kit man....nett putter upper corner flag placer!!!....lol.

Someone else is called lee clark - possibly posts on here :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Harry » Mon May 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Sammy h wrote:Macclesfield striker, can't remember his name now, think it's Sinclair? Take Calvin Zola too and we have some pacy forwards.

Throw Bencheriff into the equation too.

Emile Sinclair! Took the piss out of our defenders on "that" night at Macclesfield
Harry

Postby marky » Mon May 09, 2011 10:27 pm

Bare Ben wrote:Trust me i'm for real, i'm close to giving up on this football club completely because who ever comes can take us to the premier league it won't stop the b*stards who have sat behind sammy and mark for the last 5 years berating them to the point of them leaving. I can't wait to finish 24th next season, the moaning old w*nkers won't give a flying f*ck when we're back in the conference because they'll be knocking on deaths door. They've got their wish, now watch us fall. Spineless tw*ts don't realise they have lost us the greatest management team in our history and instead everyone would rather relieve themselves over John Coleman.

I think you're doing Sammy McIlroy as total disservice. He has never struck me as a man to let a few boos and negative comments get in his way. Annoys him, yes, but I'd be surprised if some of the reactions he's had this season are anything to do with his departure. Let us not forget he tried to go much earlier this season, long before many people started to turn against him.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 10:53 pm

Bare Ben, McIlroy has done some great things in the PAST. However, this season he had been pretty poor, showing that it is probably time for change. What would you rather remember McIlroy as; the man who got us promoted to the football league, or the man who got us relegated from it?
Little Shrimp

Postby Optimist » Mon May 09, 2011 11:56 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Bare Ben, McIlroy has done some great things in the PAST. However, this season he had been pretty poor, showing that it is probably time for change. What would you rather remember McIlroy as; the man who got us promoted to the football league, or the man who got us relegated from it?

You are, as usual, missing the point in spectacular fashion. The likes of Posh / Christies Child (etc), have been very vocal this year in the negative treatment of McIlroy. Ive sat in the main stand and irrespective of how many years some fans have been watching Morecambe, the abuse directed towards our now ex management team has been disgusting. Bollocks to the usual; 'they are passionate etc', it doesnt stick. A manager signs a player, gives them a team talk, yet the minute they cross that white line they are in their own zone, the manager can do nothing about. it Wheres the abuse towards the players who have done sweet FA this year; Rundle & Shuker are two prime candidates? Its pathetic, these same fans were happy to bask in the glory of finishing 4th and qualifying for the playoffs, yet their voices werent heard? It is a fact that there is a section of Morecambe fans that have taken great delight in McIlroy & Lillis departing our club, irrespective of their success and also when they had a succession of poor results this season. Fickle Shrimps shining through. I imagine I'll be lambasted for this post, disagreeing with the majority on here...........
Optimist

Postby Bare Ben » Tue May 10, 2011 12:53 am

Optimist wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:Bare Ben, McIlroy has done some great things in the PAST. However, this season he had been pretty poor, showing that it is probably time for change. What would you rather remember McIlroy as; the man who got us promoted to the football league, or the man who got us relegated from it?

You are, as usual, missing the point in spectacular fashion. The likes of Posh / Christies Child (etc), have been very vocal this year in the negative treatment of McIlroy. Ive sat in the main stand and irrespective of how many years some fans have been watching Morecambe, the abuse directed towards our now ex management team has been disgusting. Bollocks to the usual; 'they are passionate etc', it doesnt stick. A manager signs a player, gives them a team talk, yet the minute they cross that white line they are in their own zone, the manager can do nothing about. it Wheres the abuse towards the players who have done sweet FA this year; Rundle & Shuker are two prime candidates? Its pathetic, these same fans were happy to bask in the glory of finishing 4th and qualifying for the playoffs, yet their voices werent heard? It is a fact that there is a section of Morecambe fans that have taken great delight in McIlroy & Lillis departing our club, irrespective of their success and also when they had a succession of poor results this season. Fickle Shrimps shining through. I imagine I'll be lambasted for this post, disagreeing with the majority on here...........

You shouldn't be lambasted, you are right. At least up until this season Sammy & Mark had the protection of the paddock.
Bare Ben

Postby Bare Ben » Tue May 10, 2011 12:56 am

marky wrote:
Bare Ben wrote:Trust me i'm for real, i'm close to giving up on this football club completely because who ever comes can take us to the premier league it won't stop the b*stards who have sat behind sammy and mark for the last 5 years berating them to the point of them leaving. I can't wait to finish 24th next season, the moaning old w*nkers won't give a flying f*ck when we're back in the conference because they'll be knocking on deaths door. They've got their wish, now watch us fall. Spineless tw*ts don't realise they have lost us the greatest management team in our history and instead everyone would rather relieve themselves over John Coleman.

I think you're doing Sammy McIlroy as total disservice. He has never struck me as a man to let a few boos and negative comments get in his way. Annoys him, yes, but I'd be surprised if some of the reactions he's had this season are anything to do with his departure. Let us not forget he tried to go much earlier this season, long before many people started to turn against him.

Sammy McIlroy is a human being, I can only presume you condone it and can therefore sit alongside some of the categories previously mentioned.
Bare Ben

Next

Return to General Discussion