John Coleman

John Coleman

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Forget everyone else we must go all out and get Coley in as our next manager......Morecambe legend and would certainly move our club forward ????
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: John Coleman

Postby ezz » Mon May 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Jesus give up, he's not going to come and we can't afford to compensate accy for his current contract.
Get an unemployed manager and invest in the squad.

Coleman isn't going to downwards in his career
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby feelingguilty » Mon May 09, 2011 2:33 pm

We cant wait. He wont make any decision until he knows Accringtons future (and rightly so) -we need somebody to start planning now so we have best chance of getting our first choice players.

I completely think JC will be our manager one day, just not now - timing and finances do not work.
feelingguilty

Postby Loyalsupporter » Mon May 09, 2011 2:34 pm

Only my oppinion

but

If Accy dont win the playoffs, I think he may come to us

(we could use the money we got for Duffy, Tommo, Stanners to buy coley from Accy)

[oh wait, we did not get anything for them]
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Loyalsupporter » Mon May 09, 2011 2:36 pm

ezz wrote:Jesus give up, he's not going to come and we can't afford to compensate accy for his current contract.

Mark Lillis is unemployed ??????
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Posh » Mon May 09, 2011 2:49 pm

ezz wrote:Jesus give up, he's not going to come and we can't afford to compensate accy for his current contract.

All the rumours are that Coley is / was deeply unhappy at Accy and very keen to move. This may have been down to the finances, which are now resolved (??). If he gets promotion for Accy then forget it but if he misses out then we've got a chance.

For me Coley's my first choice then a few other names like Graham Alexander come to mind plus Jimbo in some role.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 3:03 pm

The manager of a club is the most important man at the club. We don't want an unemployed manager , ask yourself why are they unemployed !

With John Coleman we would have a manager who is an expert at finding and polishing diamonds without paying agents fees or transfer fees. Thats an immediate saving towards any compensation we may have to pay Accy.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Little Shrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Doubt we'll get him but it would still be a good idea to act quickly!
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Mon May 09, 2011 3:23 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Doubt we'll get him but it would still be a good idea to act quickly!

would have to be after the play-offs, then could we afford a compensation package for the remaining 3yrs or his 4yr contract
George Dawes

Postby lancaster shrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 3:27 pm

talk of him needs to stop, why would he leave stanley and come to morecambe at this present time when

1. Accrington could be a league 1 team within 2weeks
2 Could we afford to buy out his contract?
3 Would he want to come?
4 Why would he want to come if Accrington do go up?
lancaster shrimp

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:30 pm

lancaster shrimp wrote:talk of him needs to stop, why would he leave stanley and come to morecambe at this present time when

3 Would he want to come?

Every option has to be covered with nothing left to chance

Coleman deserves his chance if he wants it :D
HALMA 1983

Postby jbcshrimp » Mon May 09, 2011 3:31 pm

As far as I can remember Jim Harvey was let go of on health grounds not bad performance. Would it be worth the clubs while swallowing what pride they have left and having a word with him. Taking a job on higher money than present might be worth his while as well.
jbcshrimp

Postby Posh » Mon May 09, 2011 3:42 pm

jbcshrimp wrote:As far as I can remember Jim Harvey was let go of on health grounds not bad performance. Would it be worth the clubs while swallowing what pride they have left and having a word with him. Taking a job on higher money than present might be worth his while as well.

No.

Jim was sacked for failing to get the club promoted. He did a good job at Forest Green but has struggled at Stalybridge. Jim helped build Morecambe into a club that others respected and admired and it's the job of another manager to build it again.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Smeggy » Mon May 09, 2011 3:42 pm

lancaster shrimp wrote:talk of him needs to stop, why would he leave stanley and come to morecambe at this present time when

3 Would he want to come?

4 Would save him having a relegation on his cv :lol:
Smeggy

Postby Heysham_red » Mon May 09, 2011 3:43 pm

lancaster shrimp wrote:1. Accrington could be a league 1 team within 2weeks
3 Would he want to come?

I would assume that point 1 and 4 fall into the same bracket. So it should be 3 questions.

1) Will he come if Accrington are in league 1?....No
2) can we afford him?...only a small few know the answer to that
3) would he want to come here? Yes I believe that Coleman would like to come back to Morecambe. But would he want to come here right now or next season if Stanley don't go up. I'm not sure about that.
Heysham_red

Postby Seasider9601 » Mon May 09, 2011 3:44 pm

jbcshrimp wrote:As far as I can remember Jim Harvey was let go of on health grounds not bad performance. Would it be worth the clubs while swallowing what pride they have left and having a word with him. Taking a job on higher money than present might be worth his while as well.

Fair suggestion, but Stalybridge Celtic have hardly set the Blue Square North on fire this season, have they ?
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby ezz » Mon May 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:

The manager of a club is the most important man at the club. We don't want an unemployed manager , ask yourself why are they unemployed !

With John Coleman we would have a manager who is an expert at finding and polishing diamonds without paying agents fees or transfer fees. Thats an immediate saving towards any compensation we may have to pay Accy.

The only managers available to us are un-employed managers, we haven't got enough cash to splash out on compensating another club i.e coleman at accy. Why would he screw accy over and come to us, i'm sure better jobs have been offered to him than the Morecambe job....if he's that good a manger!
All managers have probably been sacked from one club or another at one point, its how they fit into their new job thats key.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Optimist » Mon May 09, 2011 4:20 pm

No, but it would probably appease some Morecambe fans.
Optimist

Postby ezz » Mon May 09, 2011 4:23 pm

It'd be nice making the globe a fortress....... JH's speciality
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Keith » Mon May 09, 2011 4:28 pm

Optimist wrote:

As big a Harvey fan as I am, it wouldn't appease me, I don't think it would be a progressive move, looking back rather than forward.

I'll be amazed if it is John, he'd simply cost too much compensation to Acci. Also, with their finances sorted and a rich man promising new ground developments etc. I can't see it happening.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Sharpy » Mon May 09, 2011 4:38 pm

Jimbo with Harvey as assistant? can't see it happening in a million years but would be brilliant in terms of getting Jim as a long term manager.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Optimist wrote:

Most people and their dog had the utmost respect for Jim Harvey and rightly so but we've moved on way too far for that, Sammy and Mark came in and did a job but it's time to take the positives from what they achieved and learn from the mistakes of the season past and progress as always......................Slow and steady.

Investment in young players is the key to good finance and the ultimate way forward for this club!
HALMA 1983

Postby ockers » Mon May 09, 2011 5:02 pm

Sharpy wrote:Jimbo with Harvey as assistant? can't see it happening in a million years but would be brilliant in terms of getting Jim as a long term manager.

thats actually a very good shout imho cant see it though
ockers

Postby HALMA 1983 » Mon May 09, 2011 5:09 pm

ockers wrote:
Sharpy wrote:Jimbo with Harvey as assistant? can't see it happening in a million years but would be brilliant in terms of getting Jim as a long term manager.

thats actually a very good shout imho cant see it though

Stevie wonder would see it before you ever did :D
HALMA 1983

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon May 09, 2011 5:14 pm

IF it did happen it would be the other way around.
heysham_mfc

Next

Return to General Discussion