P.A.F.C. The Biggest Club In League 2

P.A.F.C. The Biggest Club In League 2

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:06 pm

I think Bradford may have something to say about that :lol:

http://www.pasoti.co.uk/talk/viewtopic. ... =morecambe

"12 months ago we were peers with the likes of Newcastle & West Brom. Next season it's Barnet and Morecambe.."

"I can't wait to witness the likes of Morecambe and Burton grace the Home Parl turf, or a visit to the mighty Moss Rose stadium."

"I am looking forward to winning games but I agree steve, I am not looking forward to being in league 2, and seeing us last on the FLS would rub it in"

I am sure they will soon find it is not just as easy as that!
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: P.A.F.C. The Biggest Club In League 2

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:08 pm

They can FO, they might not have a club next season. Interbred twats. utta-ley buttar-ley!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 08, 2011 12:09 pm

they will have a rude awakening.
George Dawes

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:31 pm

Swindon are at it as well

"'For large parts of the season at Withdean it's been like watching Barcelona take on Morecambe, such is the gulf in class.'"

"The rational part of me says we are down. The irrational part won't accept it till I see August's fixture list and Crawley and Morecambe on it."

"Looks like we will be visiting Morecambe next year rather than Preston which is a little nearer for me - one bright point"

"All very predictable. Looking forward to Morecambe away."
It's guaranteed to be a wet, Tuesday night game next January."

"win or its league 2, im packing my bags for morecambe away as we speak"

"Its sad but most looking forward to the Morecambe game and for only the second time in my life being able to walk from home to watch the Town"

http://thetownend.com/index.php/board,1.0.html

Bristol Rovers, on the other hand, appear a bit more realistic

"More to the point this sort of statement (from the bookies) will fuel our more deluded to believe that we are going to storm the league next year. Possibly the worst thing that could happen in my eyes, since we will go out there thinking we have a divine right to beat these "smaller" clubs when in reality we will not. Then, the downward spiral of negativity will begin once again, players will get abused and well, Im sure you get the rest."

http://www.brfcforum.co.uk/index.php?/t ... xt-season/
Last edited by marky No.1 on Sun May 08, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marky No.1

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 08, 2011 12:35 pm

yeah Swindon another ex premiership team
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Sun May 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Biggest Club in League Two...

poor Bradford, they can't even win that! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 08, 2011 2:09 pm

Poor Swindon souls, uttar-ley buttar-ley!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 08, 2011 4:55 pm

There seems to be a lot of guests (circa today) on svs :shock:

could it be that plymouth and swindon are checking us out and bricking themselves when they face the mighty shrimps :lol: :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby outsider » Sun May 08, 2011 5:11 pm

More like Shrimps fans waiting for news from the club, we all know we are faster than the OWS :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) ;)
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 08, 2011 5:44 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:There seems to be a lot of guests (circa today) on svs :shock:

could it be that plymouth and swindon are checking us out and bricking themselves when they face the mighty shrimps :lol: :lol: :lol:

I seriously doubt it at the moment! Still, if we can stop the rot and gather a decent 11, we might take a fair few points off these 'massive clubs' that are coming down.

Think we need to do a few things to make it less comfortable though, such as turn-off the hot water in the dressing rooms, put a few bulbs out etc
Wild Bill

Postby Harry » Sun May 08, 2011 7:55 pm

We seem to raise our game and do better against teams higher up the league, and get complacent against those around or below us, so I wouldn't fear any drubbings from the Green Armay.

And I agree about giving the opposition worse changing rooms. The away room at Christie was about a third of the size of the home one and had worse facilities than Marsh United. Leave it stinking, turn off the hot water, don't cater to their every need etc etc, make them hate coming to the Globe!
Harry

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 08, 2011 8:03 pm

Harry wrote:We seem to raise our game and do better against teams higher up the league, and get complacent against those around or below us, so I wouldn't fear any drubbings from the Green Armay.

And I agree about giving the opposition worse changing rooms. The away room at Christie was about a third of the size of the home one and had worse facilities than Marsh United. Leave it stinking, turn off the hot water, don't cater to their every need etc etc, make them hate coming to the Globe!

And theres me thinking football is a gentlemans game :lol:

we could always use rrw as a toilet attendant,that would surely piss them off
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Harry » Sun May 08, 2011 8:05 pm

Who told you that? If we keep treating the away teams well, they'll keep doing well against us!
Harry

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Let me do it, especially against southern sides: Camm, n get ya peanaaatsss!!!! Alryte Marleeeeeen!!! Shaaaat up!!!!

Although I believe that your general assertion shrimpnsave is that I piss people off? How very dare you!
RedRedWine1

Postby Plain Peter » Mon May 09, 2011 6:58 am

Had a few short jaunts to Plymouth ('Guz') during my RN life.
The town can be quite an intimidating place.
I've seen it 'kick-off' too.
It's best not to wind the locals up too much.
I'd prefer to be received as a friendly little seaside club, and enjoy my day out.
Plain Peter

Postby Bodspafc » Thu May 26, 2011 9:16 pm

Evening! Just came across this thread from a link on the Argyle board Pasoti. We're not all arrogant, but it is a shock to the system the way we are plummeting through the leagues at the moment, so bear that in mind!

I don't think we're the biggest club in league 2, we're not even the biggest club in Devon anymore :oops:

Anyway, I was just wondering - there seems to be a few anti Bradford comments on here, are they your main rivals? Is it purely geographical (they look to be one of the nearest clubs to you I think?) or are there other reasons?
Bodspafc

Postby CASS » Thu May 26, 2011 10:40 pm

Well it all started around 1455.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses
and things have not changed much since.
Attachments
bosworth field.jpg
bosworth field.jpg (13.87 KiB) Viewed 1682 times
http://nbutalad.blogspot.com/
Reflections of a grand l'al spot.
CASS

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 pm

Bratford take the piss out of us because they say we're a small and they bring loads of away fans to our ground and claim to 'take over' the place advocating that we might as well give up the home end to accommodate for their mahoosive support. We take the piss out of Bratford because they are nowhere near as big as they think they are, hence they 'take over' Morecambe and not Manchester these days. It's an interesting contradiction, but not really a massive rivalry, and to be honest it is dying down a little since they've been down here for a few seasons. It has probably just about sunk in now that they are here in the same league as Morecambe on merit.

If Barrow ever got up to the FL they would be our main rivals, without doubt. Pure filth.
RedRedWine1

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Bodspafc wrote:Evening! Just came across this thread from a link on the Argyle board Pasoti. We're not all arrogant, but it is a shock to the system the way we are plummeting through the leagues at the moment, so bear that in mind!

I don't think we're the biggest club in league 2, we're not even the biggest club in Devon anymore :oops:

Anyway, I was just wondering - there seems to be a few anti Bradford comments on here, are they your main rivals? Is it purely geographical (they look to be one of the nearest clubs to you I think?) or are there other reasons?

Welcome to L2 Bods. Our league becomes more southern by the hour. Hope Mr. Ridsfale isn't going to ruin your Club. Is Peter Reid still there?

Bradford are the "biggest" in our League apparently so beware of that. If Accy had gone up they would have been nearest as well. Many Bradford people moved to the Morecambe seaside over the years , so yes we have connections. As Cass has pointed out , the War of the Roses is probably still engraved. Good luck to you and I for one am quite happy you finishing just one place behind the Shrimps ;)

Ps one of your fans to say "I can't wait to visit the likes of Morecambe" I can honestly say he will be eating his words and when you have played ourselves, Macclesfield, Barnet and even Bradford the cold light of day will hit you like seagull s*** from a great height The HO will never be the same again :lol:
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:36 am

B.T.W. although you maybe "the biggest Club in L2" you are still in administration, you have a very small squad left and you can't sign any new players.

The C.V.A. that was agreed for your administration period only paid .77 pence in the pound. If I was owed £1000 and only received £7.70p I wouldn't be very happy! :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAaO1XA28hs&feature=fvsr

Anyway no doubt everything will be hunky dory now Peter Ridsdale is at the helm.

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/Argyle-man ... story.html

Ridsdale's Company charged Cardiff City over £1Million for his consultancy fees while they were in admin. so it must be costing you! ;)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... rdiff-city
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion