What a farce!!!

What a farce!!!

Postby Why no t » Sat May 07, 2011 6:07 pm

The supporters club meeting is being held in the Globe Bar and Grill and there a few people in. The self elected Chairman is stood on a chair and is conducting a meeting. This a meeting in a bar that has people talking, as you would in a bar. These said people are being told to shut up because the supporters club "chair" cannot be heard.

What a bloody stupid place to hold a meeting!

Why would you hold a meeting in a public bar?

Whose stupid idea was it?

I presume it was well advertised? Not many turned up.

Do not tell me to shut up again!!!!!!!!

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Re: What a farce!!!

Postby Morectalk » Sat May 07, 2011 7:16 pm

Sssshhhh... :lol:
Morectalk

Postby Plain Peter » Sat May 07, 2011 10:40 pm

Went to a meeting in a bingo hall a while ago.
Eyes down :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:07 am

I hope Morecambe Jack, John L, Outsider and Stoyles got elected. For the club to succeed it needs a fresh approach aside from tick box sluts.
RedRedWine1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun May 08, 2011 11:12 am

:lol: Thanks RRW, I didn't get elected though. Can't remember exactly who did.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Sammy h » Sun May 08, 2011 11:16 am

Are you jokin Jack? Surely if we have 14 people who want to be involved we just let them all be involves instead of having a pointless vote?
Sammy h

Postby Keith » Sun May 08, 2011 11:25 am

OY! T! SHUT UP!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:28 am

I agree with you SammyH real name no gimmicks, it does seem silly to knock back people who are willing to put in time and effort to get this off the ground just so some real life unelectables can have a wet dream and finally trot out the victory v speech. All we've seen so far is the regurgitating of waffle about how to organise themselves, form steering committees to make themsleves feel important... [edit Keith: way out of order comment removed] I wish I'd have voted now, MJ is one of the few people up for election who goes to plenty of games, talks a lot of sense on here and is of an age bracket that represents a large and decidedly unrepresented proportion of the support base. Poor form.
Last edited by RedRedWine1 on Sun May 08, 2011 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRedWine1

Postby Dragofly » Sun May 08, 2011 11:33 am

I think you will find that the Fans Club of Morecambe(2011) Supporters Affiliate Association of Fans (of Morecambe)Club, is a legally formed and constituted deliberative assembly. If you want to drink in a bar you will now need a quorum of the membership to indorse this activity.
Dragofly

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:34 am

"apparently" because the statute was to get 10 people, which was looking unlikely for a while, then 13 had their names down and it couldn't be changed :?

My problem with it was that many people won't have known a name to a face. Many were surprised Ian didn't make it either.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Keith » Sun May 08, 2011 11:35 am

RedRedWine wrote:I wish I'd have voted now..
Poor form.

Well you said it! :roll:

Lesson learned, if you don't vote and the person you wanted to get in doesn't, the first place to look is yourself be that national elections or Fans Club elections.

For what it is worth, I agree with you and I posted the same BEFORE the election. Perhaps if you'd spoken up then, the constitution would have been changed to allow for more than ten people.

Don't speak up?
Don't vote?
Don't be surprised...

I wish the Fans Club all the best and hope for success.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:43 am

I don't really want to get involved at all, let alone vote. How has Ian not been elected? Somebody with his knowledge needs to be involved. This supporters club is a joke, If memory serves me right [edit Keith] pulled out of the running than entered the race again. Is this allowed? FO the constitution. Do people not realise all this bollocks about AGM's and inventing paper policies is the reason why the old supporters club ended as an epic failure? From the seeds of a good idea it is already turning people away (literally it seems). I give it less than 12 months, at which point everybody should band together and form a supporters club based on drinking games, going to away games having a laugh and enjoying fellow supporters company. I will sort out a database, will you form the steering committee Dragofly? We need an AGM, to the Dog & Partridge!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby marky » Sun May 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Out of interest, did a certain employee at the club manage to get elected to this supposed independent committee?
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Keith » Sun May 08, 2011 1:00 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I don't really want to get involved at all, let alone vote.

If you aren't interested, shut up then. You want to set up a drinking club, crack on, no one is stopping you. And if I have to edit any more personal digs from your posts, you can set up your own forum to play on too. You were well below the belt before and should strongly consider an apology.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 08, 2011 3:15 pm

What on earth do they need an election for was my point? The constitution is a joke and deep in the territory of waste-of-time-ball-bag-jobs-worth-land. And it is already pissing people off and affecting, I didn't start this thread. They have literally interrupted club operations to talk bollocks and have a meeting in the middle of people having a post-match drink. Last week they were trotting around with ballot boxes disturbing people in there.

These clowns have now set up a body that has dissolved the previous supporters club (seemingly sweeping away the people who actually had a use for such an organisation) and under various names have attached the 'Official' moniker to themselves (see constitution). By holding a derisory election whereby not all members had the opportunity to vote they have got jobs for the boys, and sacrificed the goodwill and intentions of genuine supporters like Morecambe Jack that travel home and away to watch the shrimps, so they can accredit themselves with titles and glory.

I have no doubt that they'll be on Radio and in local rags telling everybody that they are the voice of the fans (actually it has already happened), telling people who care to listen what their slant is on all things Morecambe FC, tarring us all with the same brush. They will present awards to people on the basis of their members at club functions, nothing more than a photo opportunity for failed local politicians. Around 300 people are members, not all knew what they signed up for, and nobody knows what they are about. Less than 100 voted, how can this be the official voice of the fans? They have zero credibility.

I do not know Morecambe Jack, but I have seen him at plenty of games over the years and he has been a respected member of SV. He was keen to be involved with sorting this club out and getting it going. The youngsters voice has been forgone so that certain members can finally be elected to something. Literally couldn't organise a tea party.

Morecambe Jack for Chancellor.
RedRedWine1

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun May 08, 2011 5:45 pm

was the dig at me by any chance? If so confront me about it don't slag someone off without knowing all the facts, I certainly had my reasons for it.
thegentlegiant

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 08, 2011 5:51 pm

RedRedWine, is Morecambe Jack your best friend or something 8-) ?
Little Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 08, 2011 5:59 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:RedRedWine, is Morecambe Jack your best friend or something 8-) ?

Does rrw have a friend :? :o :shock:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 08, 2011 6:03 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:RedRedWine, is Morecambe Jack your best friend or something 8-) ?

Does rrw have a friend :? :o :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Little Shrimp

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun May 08, 2011 6:29 pm

i have just passed a crb check and have a high vis vest, can i apply to be lord chancellor of the MFC fishing society :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun May 08, 2011 6:46 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:i have just passed a crb check and have a high vis vest, can i apply to be lord chancellor of the MFC fishing society :?:

no idea what you mean no such thing in this area to my knowledge!!
thegentlegiant

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sun May 08, 2011 6:57 pm

I don't know MJ, please don't associate my comments against tick box sluts with him and let it influence your judgement at future elections.

I have no friends, it's a sad state of affairs but one can't help it being a bean counter. Anyway that's besides the point? Why limit the scope and flexabilty of a club just because a piece of paper that the chairman invented so that he can win an election for a change, and limits people with self assigned titles to 10 people? Why not 9? What do you need 10 people for? Does anybody even know what they are doing yet? FO The constitution. Surely you should be encouraging as many people to get involved as possible.

You can be in my club spudhead, I'll let you help me with collating a database and the following willing waving about how many people we've duped into joining. We'll decide what the point is at a later date, but in the mean time can you order mini-sausage rolls and cheese and pineapple sticks for our AGM.
RedRedWine1

Postby Little Shrimp » Sun May 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Oh look, it's the forming of the rebel alliance :roll:
Little Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:Oh look, it's the forming of the rebel alliance :roll:

haha,dya think he just might get off(jack) his soapbox and run for Prime Minister one day :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun May 08, 2011 7:30 pm

oh my god rrw is writing a reply as i txt :lol: :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Next

Return to General Discussion