Tribute to Jimbo!

Tribute to Jimbo!

Postby The Hat » Sat May 07, 2011 4:34 pm

Looked like it was his farewell game today! Slightly emotional after the final whistle! He lead by example, getting the MOM award which he deserved! He looked like the dedicated centre half we've been missing all season! Big thanks to Jimbo for everything he's done for Morecambe FC, a living legend! His prescence in the team will be missed!!

JIMBOOOOOOO!
The Hat

Re: Tribute to Jimbo!

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat May 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Morecambe Legend!
Crooky MFC

Deffo deserved MOTM today

Postby Arnside Red » Sat May 07, 2011 5:12 pm

and only really Jim and AP saluting the crowd properly at the end of the game, dull atmosphere at the end to match the dull season on the pitch,
lets hope for a lot more effort next season
Arnside Red

Re: Deffo deserved MOTM today

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Arnside Red wrote:and only really Jim and AP saluting the crowd properly at the end of the game, dull atmosphere at the end to match the dull season on the pitch,

Danny gave his boots to some of the crowd!
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

oops, yes

Postby Arnside Red » Sat May 07, 2011 5:54 pm

forgot about Danny and his boots, but was expecting more of an acknowledhement from the players in general, very poor really, I could have understood if there had been an invasion of fans onto the pitch at the end but as there wasnt no excuse really
Arnside Red

Re: oops, yes

Postby stevanshrimp » Sat May 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Arnside Red wrote:forgot about Danny and his boots, but was expecting more of an acknowledhement from the players in general, very poor really, I could have understood if there had been an invasion of fans onto the pitch at the end but as there wasnt no excuse really

Most have been called Journeymen, has-beens, here for a pay-packet! A few will want to leave, alot know the fans want them to leave. It's no skin off there noses is it. Do they care?
.....and, they lost playing shoite :!:
I still believe!
stevanshrimp

Postby Vinny » Sat May 07, 2011 10:08 pm

The Hat wrote:Looked like it was his farewell game today!

I hope you're wrong. Jimbo is an inspiration for MFC and I hope he's still with us next season.

The Hat wrote:Slightly emotional after the final whistle! He lead by example, getting the MOM award which he deserved! He looked like the dedicated centre half we've been missing all season!

Exactly!

Big thanks to Jimbo for everything he's done for Morecambe FC, a living legend! His prescence in the team will be missed!!

JIMBOOOOOOO!
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Re: oops, yes

Postby Seasider9601 » Sat May 07, 2011 10:12 pm

stevanshrimp wrote:
Arnside Red wrote:forgot about Danny and his boots, but was expecting more of an acknowledhement from the players in general, very poor really, I could have understood if there had been an invasion of fans onto the pitch at the end but as there wasnt no excuse really

Most have been called Journeymen, has-beens, here for a pay-packet! A few will want to leave, alot know the fans want them to leave. It's no skin off there noses is it. Do they care?
.....and, they lost playing shoite :!:

Just went to prove to me, that barely any of them care one jot for the club (their employers) or us, the fans.

Very disappointing at the end from most of them.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby jonnythedog » Sat May 07, 2011 11:09 pm

I've not made a single negative comment about the team all season but i thought that the lack of acknowledgement from the players to the fans was really sad. The MBW stand has been great in supporting the team through thick and thin this season and I thought that they deserved more. Laurie Wilson didn't take a single look to the right as he rushed down the tunnel and the only players that made a real effort were Danny Carlton and Jimbo (Danny was brilliant in that respect). I've been in both stands this season and can't help but feel a little deflated that the players didn't acknowledge the fans after the game. Compare that to the Northampton players where every one of them went over to the fans without a gesture from the manager and it says it all really...
jonnythedog

Postby shrimper » Sat May 07, 2011 11:15 pm

They acknowledged the fans at the START of the game, as if to say 'whatever happens today, thanks for your support'. Difficult to approach the crowd at the end of a bad display, when some fans were booing.

Anyway, after tonight's end of season speeches....... things may become clearer.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby jonnythedog » Sat May 07, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks and fair enough Shrimper, I missed that. I'm not sure i agree with the priority of the gesture though.

I couldn't go tonight but like many fans I'd love to hear people's comments from tonight.
jonnythedog

Postby Plain Peter » Sat May 07, 2011 11:32 pm

shrimper wrote: Difficult to approach the crowd at the end of a bad display, when some fans were booing.

Simple solution to that Glen.
Plain Peter

Postby George Dawes » Sun May 08, 2011 12:12 am

Jimbos morals are 2nd to none.
George Dawes

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Sun May 08, 2011 8:19 am

jonnythedog wrote:I've not made a single negative comment about the team all season but i thought that the lack of acknowledgement from the players to the fans was really sad. The MBW stand has been great in supporting the team through thick and thin this season and I thought that they deserved more. Laurie Wilson didn't take a single look to the right as he rushed down the tunnel and the only players that made a real effort were Danny Carlton and Jimbo (Danny was brilliant in that respect). I've been in both stands this season and can't help but feel a little deflated that the players didn't acknowledge the fans after the game. Compare that to the Northampton players where every one of them went over to the fans without a gesture from the manager and it says it all really...

Have to say Andy Parrish looked and applauded the whole MBW Stand....another player who shows proffesionalism
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun May 08, 2011 8:27 am

JIMBO IS A LEGEND :!: :!:

Barry is leaving us :(

Kept us up, total MFC legend.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Sun May 08, 2011 8:36 am

mrpotatohead wrote:JIMBO IS A LEGEND :!: :!:

Wouldn't be surprised but will command quite a fee as he's contracted for another season.
Destined for a bigger club one day.

IF SMc calls it a day, then the club need to make an appointment ASAP because whoever takes over will need to meet up with ALL the contracted players even those on only one year deals as I think I'm right to say that contracts end at the end of June.

For me Jimbo has to be involved in a more senior role. The minimum being as Assistant Manager possibly to either a current manager or to a seasoned professional coming to the close of his playing career.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sun May 08, 2011 8:54 am

mrpotatohead wrote:JIMBO IS A LEGEND :!: :!:

One of a few rumours doing the rounds last night. Complete nonsense apparently... according to Barry Roche!

Agree with you, he kept us up this season.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Jolly rog branch » Sun May 08, 2011 9:22 am

I think most of us are pretty sure how much the club means to Jimbo, forget about Crapaldi or anyone who could not be bothered to clap the fans at the final whistle, Jimbo has and always will be a true gentleman on and off the pitch, he showed today that he can still play a part in the team maybe not as a full time centre back but he is more than one or two game a season player for the first team.
Not only has he just had his first ever season as a full time reserve team manager in which he did a great job and also earned the respect of his fellow professionals but he also has just completed his 9th season for Morecambe FC SO I WOULD BE VERY SURPISED if he is not given at least one more season so he can get the testemonial he so richly deserves and most certainly has earned, who knows whats going to happen with Sammy and Lills but lets just hope its not the last we see of Jimbo,
TRUE MORECAMBE LEGEND AND HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT SEASON JIMBO!!!!!
Jolly rog branch

Postby Keith » Sun May 08, 2011 9:46 am

Jolly rog branch wrote:TRUE MORECAMBE LEGEND AND HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT SEASON JIMBO!!!!!

“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Harry » Sun May 08, 2011 9:49 am

Cracking picture that.

I echo the sentiments above, Jimbo has given nothing but 100% for the past 9 years and we are forever indebted to him.

He is a top example on the pitch and off, now only if we could have a few more with the same attitude!
Harry

Postby N Saban » Sun May 08, 2011 9:57 am

:D The Guy is a Morecambe legend no doubt about it. He is always 100% committed (a leader on and off the pitch) and his lack of inclusion in the team this year has been one of the reasons we have done so badly. Jimbo is a cracking bloke off the field and the way he talks about the team and the fans seem like he has been a Morecambe fan all his life! For me with the a decent number two he should be the next manager and would do a cracking job!
N Saban

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sun May 08, 2011 10:13 am

Jimbo's not hanging up his boots yet and on yesterdays performance is nowhere near needing to. Best player on the pitch by far!

Top man though!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Keith » Sun May 08, 2011 10:19 am

Morecambe Jack wrote:Best player on the pitch by far!

Exactly! (said in the style of the Accrington Stanley-milk advert!)

Out for almost all season, straight back in and clearly MotM by a mile.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby morecambe mick » Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 am

Keith wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:Best player on the pitch by far!

Exactly! (said in the style of the Accrington Stanley-milk advert!)

Out for almost all season, straight back in and clearly MotM by a mile.

Out of the first team, yes, but still playing regular football as well as coaching, in the reserves.

He didn't stop coaching yesterday either. Great to watch.

Great photo Keith pity you missed the bottom line off though ;)
:D
morecambe mick

Re: Deffo deserved MOTM today

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Sun May 08, 2011 10:29 am

Arnside Red wrote:and only really Jim and AP saluting the crowd properly at the end of the game, dull atmosphere at the end to match the dull season on the pitch,

And Danny Carlton.

A damning indictment of the playing staff that only further puts in place the idea that they all don't give two flying ones to the people that pay good money to follow them. I really really hope not to see over 50% of them never pull a shirt on again.

New Broom required.
SupermarketShrimp

Next

Return to General Discussion