Sammy: Surely he knows...

Sammy: Surely he knows...

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:26 pm

The fans booing every time other fans chanted his name and at the end of the game on the pitch has got to show him we don't want him anymore, the board surely knows now, the time has come Sammy, for your own reputation to resign. Thanks for the good times, you have taken The Shrimps as far as they can go, now is the time to hand to batton to someone else who can take us even further.
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Re: Sammy: Surely he knows...

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat May 07, 2011 5:29 pm

Peckishparrish13 wrote:The fans booing every time other fans chanted his name and at the end of the game on the pitch has got to show him we don't want him anymore, the board surely knows now, the time has come Sammy, for your own reputation to resign. Thanks for the good times, you have taken The Shrimps as far as they can go, now is the time to hand to batton to someone else who can take us even further.

sm is going to be manager next season, :( what dont you understand about that :?: :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:32 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
Peckishparrish13 wrote:The fans booing every time other fans chanted his name and at the end of the game on the pitch has got to show him we don't want him anymore, the board surely knows now, the time has come Sammy, for your own reputation to resign. Thanks for the good times, you have taken The Shrimps as far as they can go, now is the time to hand to batton to someone else who can take us even further.

sm is going to be manager next season, :( what dont you understand about that :?: :?:

I don't understand how the board can think we will be happy after that crap today!
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby MfcChris » Sat May 07, 2011 5:46 pm

Nothing to do with Sammy. If I was him I would stay.

It is the BOARD. Can they afford to keep losing fans? You then lose ticket revenue, programme, food, HT Draw.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 07, 2011 6:08 pm

MfcChris wrote:Nothing to do with Sammy. If I was him I would stay.

It is the BOARD. Can they afford to keep losing fans? You then lose ticket revenue, programme, food, HT Draw.

..and why will the club lose fans?

Couldn't be because of the negative crap dished up by any chance?

Todays booing in the MBW says a lot!

The strongest squad ever? What a bloody joke!
Last edited by Christies Child on Sat May 07, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby MfcChris » Sat May 07, 2011 6:18 pm

No but they might 'lose' them.

And exactly it is because of the crap Sammy has done this season. It is still the board that should sack him rather than him leaving because I wouldn't leave my job.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Gnasher » Sat May 07, 2011 6:36 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Not ever but apparently the strongest for four years
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8543&hilit=strongest+squad
Legally permitted to use "Gnasher" by DC Thomson's lawyers since 1999.
#TooMuchTimeOnMyHands
Gnasher

Postby Now_Then » Sat May 07, 2011 6:37 pm

He should do the decent thing and walk. He must have heard the boo's and noticed how the fans just drifted away. He must have seen the lack of interest from his players with their half hearted aknowledgement of the fans.

It was sad hearing the boo's and im glad it didnt turn into any negative chanting but its how the majority feel and that has to be recognised. It was also sad to hear people cheering as jevons was replaced as i think its harsh to single one player out when they were all very poor! I think lionel messi would struggle to score goals in a team with the creative ability Morecambe have shown this season!
Now_Then

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat May 07, 2011 6:39 pm

If McIlroy had any decency, he would leave. There were no tactics today. The players obviously lacked any confidence, which should have been belted into them by McIlroy. Most of his summer signings have been complete flops. The most entertaining thing that happened today was the Northampton fan dressed up as a horse. The only good thing was Cowperthwaite getting a goal. Also, I noticed a little spat on the touchline between Haining and McIlroy, just before his unexplained injury............
Little Shrimp

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 07, 2011 6:42 pm

Gnasher wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Not ever but apparently the strongest for four years
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8543&hilit=strongest+squad

Don't think many would have argued with that at the time.
Christies Child

Postby Ego Tripping » Sat May 07, 2011 6:45 pm

No spat with sammy & haining. Sammy just very frustrated Will got injured. Will came back & sat on bench.
Ego Tripping

Postby -Hatrick- » Sat May 07, 2011 6:51 pm

See you in August Sammy
-Hatrick-

Postby dodgie » Sat May 07, 2011 6:57 pm

I have been a supporter of Morecambe F.C. for over 50 years thick and thin having introduced my son at the age of 3 to the same club who is now "Shrimps minded" and I must say there is a lack of interest in a club that shows a total lack of interest by players AND management to the supporters who pay to come through turnstyles. All in all may'be the corporate wing of the Globe Arena will just about keep going but I have serious doubts of football success unless re-management is tackled.
dodgie

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat May 07, 2011 7:08 pm

dodgie wrote:I have been a supporter of Morecambe F.C. for over 50 years thick and thin having introduced my son at the age of 3 to the same club who is now "Shrimps minded" and I must say there is a lack of interest in a club that shows a total lack of interest by players AND management to the supporters who pay to come through turnstyles. All in all may'be the corporate wing of the Globe Arena will just about keep going but I have serious doubts of football success unless re-management is tackled.

well said.....................
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Sat May 07, 2011 7:30 pm

Got a feeling he'll be here next season, hopefully a lot of the current squad wont be.
To those asking him to walk.....he's offered that twice already this season.
If he's offered to step down then I cant see him staying unless he's fully committed and confident he can get us back in the top half of the league.

That's how I see it anyway, some of our players may be journeymen but I don't believe Sammy is someone who will turn up JUST for a pay check.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby marky » Sat May 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Sammy might not be but his assistant clearly is. After all, he has "bills to pay like everyone else and you don't give that up".
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Shrimp Ram » Sat May 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Sammy has wanted to go twice already, think about this for a moment, If our 'fantastic' board are willing to put up with this crap on the pitch week in week out then surely it's time for the board to go, forget all the 'look what they've done for us' garbage, any club worth it's salt sack the board.
I for one don't blame Sammy, I blame this 'it'll be ok' board, they are only interested in corporate hospitality and filling their pockets with our hard earned cash, and not putting any monies available for transfers etc
This board better 'put up' or sell up ! :x
Not everything's Black and White but it help's - COYR !!!!!!
Shrimp Ram

Postby Christies Child » Sat May 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Shrimp Ram wrote:Sammy has wanted to go twice already, think about this for a moment, If our 'fantastic' board are willing to put up with this crap on the pitch week in week out then surely it's time for the board to go, forget all the 'look what they've done for us' garbage, any club worth it's salt sack the board.
I for one don't blame Sammy, I blame this 'it'll be ok' board, they are only interested in corporate hospitality and filling their pockets with our hard earned cash, and not putting any monies available for transfers etc

It's not the Board..... :o
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Sat May 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Shrimp Ram wrote:Sammy has wanted to go twice already, think about this for a moment, If our 'fantastic' board are willing to put up with this crap on the pitch week in week out then surely it's time for the board to go, forget all the 'look what they've done for us' garbage, any club worth it's salt sack the board.

That's got to be the most ridiculous post this season... and there have been a few!

Firstly, where are you suggesting the new board members would come from? People who are prepared to 'lose' hundreds of thousands of pounds? How do you make a million pounds out of a football club? Start with six million pounds.

Secondly, 'he who pays the piper, calls the tune'. If the club was funded by the fans, then fine, call for the board to go, but it isn't, not by a long way.

I can understand frustration but come on...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimper » Sat May 07, 2011 11:22 pm

I'm with Keith. I'm assuming you're about 12 because anyone older would know, for an absolute fact, that without THIS board we would be still in the BS Northern Premier League or, like Lancaster, lower.
Brain, gear....
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby SupermarketShrimp » Sun May 08, 2011 10:22 am

And without their cash we can say a big hello to local derbies against Lancaster, Kendal and Chorley.
SupermarketShrimp

Postby dazza » Sun May 08, 2011 1:02 pm

And if that's the case I might get a game at the age of 41.....but unfortunately. Rods out injured. And dicko smokes too much,,!!,,,,can we have John McKenna back in nets too!!...lol...
****dazza****
dazza

Postby marky No.1 » Sun May 08, 2011 3:45 pm

[quote="Little Shrimp"] The most entertaining thing that happened today was the Northampton fan dressed up as a horse. quote]

cobblershorse.jpg
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion