Season ticket

Re: Season ticket

Postby ezz » Sat May 07, 2011 11:02 am

marky wrote:It's not about where the team has finished. It's about the lack of entertainment. People will weigh up whether it's worth spending all that money to sit or stand for around 2 hours and not really enjoy it. For others, they are so certain that Sammy must go that they will not return until he is no longer at the club. Indeed, that is the primary motivator for some of the people I know. If he was to leave on Monday, they'd probably renew.

Thank god our club doesn't bend over to morons then

morecambe mick wrote:
ezz wrote:Well then don't buy a season ticket its that simple, the season ticket price reflects the match day price. Now that the drop out age has been increased to 18 for high school children then perhaps it should drop, but not by much. Again MFC is a business and children season tickets are probably less a priority as they are the least likely to buy season tickets out of all customers, i.e more likely to pay match by match. The best incentive we had was for primary school children free season tickets, thats how i got hooked.

Wow talk about contradictions!

The free season tickets (sponsor by Heysham ports I believe) for kids leaving junior school stopped at the beginning of last season.

Not really a contradiction, 16-18 year olds are probably the least likely to buy season tickets, when i got my free season ticket I was 11 hardly the same. Hasn't stopped me paying the full price each game as i don't buy season tickets myself. The free season ticket was an 'investment' from the club to build support for the future, anyone wanting to buy a season ticket is already a fan hooked enough to pay for one or if not they'd still come and just pay per game.
The only other point I raised was that now children have to stay in school till 18 now maybe the price should come down for uner 18's instead of under 16's if it isn't already.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Moose » Sat May 07, 2011 11:20 am

I pay good money to watch home games and budget throughout the year in order to.
Can I just ask why free tickets are given to the same people week in week out?
How does this benefit the club if the same people are using them week in week out?
Moose

Postby Duffman » Sat May 07, 2011 11:43 am

16-18 year olds are probably the least likely to buy season tickets

And why is that? Answer: The cost of the season ticket.

The club would benefit massively if they could bridge the gap for 16-18 year olds. What's better for the club? Having a season ticket priced at £216 which realistic will only be bought by the parents of a 16-18 who can afford to or having a cheaper one which can be seen as a long term investment? In addition, by bridging the gap you encourage the fan to renew each season and after just 2 seasons they would be paying the full price anyway.

I may also remind you we're hardly selling out each week. Even if you let someone in for free and they bought a programme, a drink and a pie the club would still gain money. A season ticket is unique in that its not a product that the club are selling on for a profit. The season ticket doesn't cost the club anything if the ground is only 30%-40% full.

We seem to be the only club that doesn't actively try to sell season tickets. Each year the early bird prices are set (far too late imo) and then they increase after a month or so and that's it. Hartlepool are doing an interesting deal at the moment which means a season ticket could cost as little as £100. Swindon released their season tickets before they got relegated in March from only £199, they've sold over 4000.
Duffman

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat May 07, 2011 11:50 am

ezz wrote:The only other point I raised was that now children have to stay in school till 18 now maybe the price should come down for uner 18's instead of under 16's if it isn't already.

That was precisely my point :? :? So you are arguing against my point but agreeing with it at the same time?
Morecambe Jack

Postby MfcChris » Sat May 07, 2011 11:51 am

Northampton do £199 season tickets in Febraury!!

They then go up to a whopping £350!
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby marky » Sat May 07, 2011 11:56 am

ezz wrote:Thank god our club doesn't bend over to morons then

Having principles and sticking to them is moronic? You yourself said Morecambe FC is a business. If I'm not happy with a product a business is provising me that I'm paying for then they no longer get my busines. Simple really.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby ezz » Sat May 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Thats perfectly fine, but it just reminds of people in restaurants who complain to try and get a free meal, when their not that much wrong with their food... thats not principles and continuing a dislike for a manager isn't sticking to a principle either.

Fact is, the board have better knowledge of who to employ and un-employ for their business than we do, so i'm sure if Sammy is still here next season it's in their best interets as business men....
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Duffman » Wed May 25, 2011 8:35 am

Blackburn Rovers have announced their season ticket prices. Adult: £225, Young Adult (16-21): £145 :?

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/SeasonTickets/0,,10303,00.html
Duffman

Postby mrpotatohead » Wed May 25, 2011 8:43 am

This gesture by rovers is very hecatomb to say the least.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Previous

Return to General Discussion