Season ticket

Re: Season ticket

Postby ezz » Fri May 06, 2011 12:50 pm

BHmfc wrote:Not renewing mine if McIlroy still in charge,enough said !!!!!!!!!!!

Won't be seeing you next season then :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby J.S. » Fri May 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Pobble wrote:ABSOLUTELY BLOODY AMAZING THAT THE CLUB HAVE THE CHEEK TO PUT A 13.5% INCREASE ON IN TIMES THAT ARE TOUGH FOR EVERYBODY, AND NOT EVEN A LETTER OF EXPLANATION.
THIS IS APART FROM NOT GIVING US VALUE FOR MONEY THIS SEASON BY PRODUCING TOTAL CRAP TO WATCH IN MOST OF THE GAMES.
EVEN THE MOST AVID SUPPORTERS, IF COMMONSENSE PREVAILS, WILL HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THIS IS A PR DISASTER ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD, NO DOUBT THEY WILL COMPLETE THE MADNESS BY RENEWING THE MANAGERS CONTRACT NEXT WEEK AND SAYING TO THE SUPPORTERS "TOUGHT TITTY, IF YOU DON`T LIKE IT DON`T COME"
I KNOW QUITE A FEW ARDENT MFC FANS WHO SIT NEAR ME IN THE PMG STAND WERE CONSIDERING NOT RENEWING THEIR TICKETS, AND THAT WAS LAST WEEK BEFORE WE ALL FOUND OUT THE HIKE IN PRICES.
JUST AS A MATTER OF INFORMATION I HAVE MADE A FEW PHONE CALLS THIS MORNING TO FRIENDS WHO ARE SUPPORTERS OF OTHER CLUBS AND IT TURNS OUT WE ARE CHARGING MORE FOR THE EQUIVALENT SEATS AT HULL, NOTTS FOREST, BLACKBURN, BRADFORD AND HUDDERSFIELD. !!!!!!!

I NOW EXPECT CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO POST UNDER A THREE LETTER NAME, TO SAY GO AND WATCH THESE TEAMS. THE REMARK WOULD BE BOLLOCKS BUT I WOULD SEE BETTER FOOTBALL (MAYBE NOT AT BRADFORD)

I think if I sat near you and had to listen to all the moaning and criticising for a full season I would also consider renewing my season ticket. I would, however move to another part of the ground and continue to support my team.
J.S.

Postby marky No.1 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:06 pm

For those of you without renewals, the prices and details are here:

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 28,00.html

Which also amends the deliberate mistakes that were sent in your letter :!:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri May 06, 2011 1:20 pm

I pipe up about this every year but will continue to do so....it is an absolute disgrace that someone who is 17 years old, in full time education, would have to pay £216 for a season ticket in the MBW stands. Be realistic for christ sake.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:23 pm

My son is 16 (and in full time education) so, being 16 would currently qualify for a £60 ticket.

But ...... come July, he WILL be 17 (and in full time education) so he jumps up now to £216.

Hell of a difference indeed, Jack.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby outsider » Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

outsider wrote:Can I just say what a great thing the club is doing by making u11 season tickets for The North Terrace, MBW and PMG-E Block, FREE.

Also having reread the small print its not as simple as 1st thought, :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Child Season Tickets (5-11 years)
Children aged 5 to 11 will be admitted free of charge to 1st Team games when accompanied by a paying Adult . When a child has been pre–registered and all registration forms completed, a membership card (£10 admin charge) will then be issued. This membership card will entitle the bearer to a free ticket from the club shop or ticket office (membership card alone will not gain entry to the ground.) In addition to the above, the issue of Child Membership Cards are also subject to the below Terms & Conditions:
1. Registration forms must be processed and a membership card issued 48hrs before a game and are subject to availability.
2. Registration will require proof of age and must to be signed by a Parent or Guardian.
3. Morecambe FC accepts no responsibility to replace lost damaged or stolen membership cards. A charge of £10 will be levied for the re-issue of membership cards.
4. Membership card must be produced with the appropriate match ticket (entry may be refused).
5. Membership cards are not transferable and can only be

Why oh Why make it so hard?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby ezz » Fri May 06, 2011 1:53 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:I pipe up about this every year but will continue to do so....it is an absolute disgrace that someone who is 17 years old, in full time education, would have to pay £216 for a season ticket in the MBW stands. Be realistic for christ sake.

Why is it a joke? Maybe you should be realistic, MFC is a business. It costs what £13 every home game for a student? Times that by 23 home games, means you'll save much more than paying game by game. Depending how much you watch the club will determine how much you save. Therefore the club are giving you a good deal, the club wouldn't survive long reducing prices for every moaning penny pincher.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Morecambe Jack » Fri May 06, 2011 2:16 pm

ezz wrote:
Morecambe Jack wrote:I pipe up about this every year but will continue to do so....it is an absolute disgrace that someone who is 17 years old, in full time education, would have to pay £216 for a season ticket in the MBW stands. Be realistic for christ sake.

Why is it a joke? Maybe you should be realistic, MFC is a business. It costs what £13 every home game for a student? Times that by 23 home games, means you'll save much more than paying game by game. Depending how much you watch the club will determine how much you save. Therefore the club are giving you a good deal, the club wouldn't survive long reducing prices for every moaning penny pincher.

Im not talking about the price relative to the match day price. Most people stay in full time education until they are 18 now and prices should reflect that. You cannot expect a 17-18 year old who is at school to pay those sort of prices (match day or season ticket). Im not 17 by the way, but when I was a lot of my friends dropped out of watching Morecambe. It is an unrealistic jump in price at the wrong time.

To put it into perspective, a 17 year old in full time education would pay £90 for a season ticket at Accrington, £118 at Aldershot, £50 at Macclesfield and £120 at recently relegated Preston. They could also watch premiership football at Blackburn for £158.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Christies Child » Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:
ezz wrote:

Im not talking about the price relative to the match day price. Most people stay in full time education until they are 18 now and prices should reflect that. You cannot expect a 17-18 year old who is at school to pay those sort of prices (match day or season ticket). Im not 17 by the way, but when I was a lot of my friends dropped out of watching Morecambe. It is an unrealistic jump in price at the wrong time.

To put it into perspective, a 17 year old in full time education would pay £90 for a season ticket at Accrington, £118 at Aldershot, £50 at Macclesfield and £120 at recently relegated Preston. They could also watch premiership football at Blackburn for £158.

This demonstrates the difference in the attitude towards younger fans at other clubs. Maybe our commercial arm should take these comparisons on-board and give the costs in this case a second thought.

The lifeblood of any club going forward is its younger fan base.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Duffman » Fri May 06, 2011 2:43 pm

ezz wrote:

You're missing the point, the minimum wage for a 17 year old is around £3.60. If they're in full time education and have a Saturday/Sunday job doing 8 hours at a weekend, it will take them almost 2 months to save up, and without spending a penny in that time, to buy a season ticket.
Duffman

Postby ezz » Fri May 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Well then don't buy a season ticket its that simple, the season ticket price reflects the match day price. Now that the drop out age has been increased to 18 for high school children then perhaps it should drop, but not by much. Again MFC is a business and children season tickets are probably less a priority as they are the least likely to buy season tickets out of all customers, i.e more likely to pay match by match. The best incentive we had was for primary school children free season tickets, thats how i got hooked.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby morecambe mick » Fri May 06, 2011 6:04 pm

ezz wrote:Well then don't buy a season ticket its that simple, the season ticket price reflects the match day price. Now that the drop out age has been increased to 18 for high school children then perhaps it should drop, but not by much. Again MFC is a business and children season tickets are probably less a priority as they are the least likely to buy season tickets out of all customers, i.e more likely to pay match by match. The best incentive we had was for primary school children free season tickets, thats how i got hooked.

Wow talk about contradictions!

The free season tickets (sponsor by Heysham ports I believe) for kids leaving junior school stopped at the beginning of last season.
morecambe mick

Postby Mike » Fri May 06, 2011 6:34 pm

FFS how much moaning on here.

If I lived in Morecambe, Lancaster, Heysham, Barrow, Preston, Blackpool, Southport, Liverpool, Manchester, Chester, Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield, even probably at a stretch Stocksbridge or anywhere else within a 2hour radius, I'd want to be there every week and therefore buying a season ticket if you can afford it makes financial sense because in the long run, its money in your own pocket.

I live over 3 hours away so only go when the wife tells me I can :)

Decision is simple really, if your a supporter and plan on being there every week and can afford it, then buy a season ticket, if your a supporter who doesn't plan on being there every week for one reason or another or cant afford the lump sum or who doesn't fancy a guaranteed ticket to the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley against Man Utd after we dump Liverpool out at Anfield in the Quarters, then don't.

Don't base your decision on how shit we've been this season, it all starts again from scratch again in August :D

Ok, shall I sort out that AV vote thread out next ?
"He's got all the time in the world - no he's taken far too long"
Mike

Postby N Saban » Fri May 06, 2011 6:53 pm

Mike I wouldn't worry about a season ticket..... maybe you should save up for a new wife lol
:-P or a new house in the morecambe area. If my finances allow it I would always buy a season ticket... I am having some thoughts about going next year because even though I love the club the football is appaling and the performances or management need to change rapidly Being less concerned with not losing and more concerned with entertaining the home fans with attractive football and trying to win even at the risk of losing should be how we play at home.. I spent ages trying to convince mates to get season tickets for morecambe and a couple did and I have spent all season apologizing for the rubbish that has been on show. Needless to say they are not coming next year :-( Anyway a few weeks to decide yet :-) UP THE SHRIMPS!!!
N Saban

Postby MfcChris » Fri May 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Joelinho wrote:I'm with you on that one. I don't understand how the club can justify raising the prices after a season like that.

I think I'll pick and choose which games I attend.

That is a ridiculous comment. You don't increase tickets based on the performance of the season. They would have increased them last year for our first season in the Globe, but after finishing 4th, they probably were expecting a great season in a great stadium and get the fans and new fans hooked. Yes with the teething problems on and off the field this season has slightly backfired, but they can't just not increase them because we are 18th.

I got an email from Eon telling me from June 1st my Elec & Gas will be going up by 18.7%. Should I stop paying it? No. Should I look at what British Gas are charging? If yes, does that mean I should look at supporting Accrington as they are cheaper.

I can't understand why fans would stop coming if they could afford to :?
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Harry » Fri May 06, 2011 7:00 pm

MfcChris wrote:I can't understand why fans would stop coming if they could afford to :?

Indeed.

I couldn't afford to renew my season ticket this time last year but considering I've only missed Hereford at home this season I shall be purchasing one asap!
Harry

Postby marky » Fri May 06, 2011 7:38 pm

MfcChris wrote:I can't understand why fans would stop coming if they could afford to :?

Because they want to send a message to the club? Because they don't believe it is good value considering the crap they've put up with this season? Because they find the football boring and not even the slightest bit entertaining? Because they think they could probably find better things to spend the best part of £850 on (3 adults)?
Last edited by marky on Fri May 06, 2011 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby MfcChris » Fri May 06, 2011 7:42 pm

This is what supporting a football club and being a fan is.

One bad season out of 10. We are blessed as Morecambe supporters. Try supporting a team always at the bottom like Macclesfield.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:55 pm

MfcChris wrote:Try supporting a team always at the bottom like Macclesfield.

Or Bratfud City. They were in the Premier League once upon a time you know. :?

:lol:
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby morecambe mick » Fri May 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:
MfcChris wrote:Try supporting a team always at the bottom like Macclesfield.

Or Bratfud City. They were Premier League once upon a time you know. :?

:lol:

What a load of bollocks - they've never been premier league :!:
morecambe mick

Postby marky » Fri May 06, 2011 9:00 pm

It's not about where the team has finished. It's about the lack of entertainment. People will weigh up whether it's worth spending all that money to sit or stand for around 2 hours and not really enjoy it. For others, they are so certain that Sammy must go that they will not return until he is no longer at the club. Indeed, that is the primary motivator for some of the people I know. If he was to leave on Monday, they'd probably renew.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Mike » Fri May 06, 2011 9:54 pm

N Saban wrote:Mike I wouldn't worry about a season ticket..... maybe you should save up for a new wife lol

Mate, you're in the dog house !

Thought we'd go for the 2+2 family MBW ticket for me, you and the lads, just sent you twelve quid via internet banking, can you put the rest too ;)

Marky and MFCChris both make valid points in this thread; those who see themselves as MFC diehards will shell out the cost regardless of how bad this season has been ( Chris ) those who see themselves as going to the match for something to do on a Saturday ( Mark ) for light entertainment will see it as a waste of cash that could be better spent.*

Either way the price has been set, people will either pay it, via season ticket or on the day or they wont go. Not worth arguing over IMO.

If it was down to me, I'd have set price of £10 for adults £5 for kids to stand, the club would get a greater attendance, yes they might take a hit on the gate money receipts ( but doubt it in all honesty ), but more would get spent on other sundries, therefore taking more money overall and create a larger fanbase. Common sense really, anyway that's enough of my idea's, anymore and I'm going to have send somebody a bill for my hourly rate.

ciao

*I'm not suggesting that Chris is a diehard and Mark isn't here, or vice versa, just pointing out valid posts made in this thread for both sides of the argument.
"He's got all the time in the world - no he's taken far too long"
Mike

Postby markedman » Fri May 06, 2011 10:39 pm

Well Ive got 2 season tickets for me and the mrs putting my hard earned cash into the local community. It also helps to pay my sons MFC wages. Heres to a better season and fairweather supporters. :mrgreen: "Up the shrimps".
markedman

Postby BHmfc » Sat May 07, 2011 10:19 am

ezz, i did not say i would no longer be coming to watch, just that i will not be renewing my season ticket. After years of swapping shifts (even swapped to work Christmas day so i could attend a Saturday match one year) booking leave, arranging family holidays around the fixture list and letting my wife down on so many occasions so i could watch the football, i've decided not to renew my season ticket. In future, if i'm working, or the family have plans, i will not be going to the football, however, if i'm free, i will go along and give my support. I,m not anti ScM, all respect to him for getting us into the football league, but this season he has had so many failings both on and off the pitch and i cannot see him changing his ways, and to be honest the enjoyment for me is no longer there, not just the football, but the ground itself, all of which has been discussed many times previously so i will not go into it again.
BHmfc

Postby Plain Peter » Sat May 07, 2011 10:50 am

Mike wrote:If it was down to me, I'd have set price of £10 for adults £5 for kids to stand, the club would get a greater attendance, yes they might take a hit on the gate money receipts ( but doubt it in all honesty ), but more would get spent on other sundries, therefore taking more money overall and create a larger fanbase. Common sense really, anyway that's enough of my idea's, anymore and I'm going to have send somebody a bill for my hourly rate.

Exactly.
Watching football is overpriced. It's no longer, and hasn't been for a while now, a sport where the average working man can easily afford without making sacrifices which not only affect him but the family he has to feed and clothe. That's not acceptable.
A lot of people have seen that the product on offer doesn't justify the price, and that there are really much better things to spend their money on.
I think a tenner is very fair, but I'd try and make a child ticket cheaper than a fiver.
Getting the unwaged back through the turnstiles needs looking at too.
Plain Peter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion