Squad for next season?

Squad for next season?

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Thu May 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Been thinking what squad i would have for next season, what players id get rid and whih id send out on loan, here's my view:

1.Barry ROCHE- 100% keep, in half games this season he has kept us in, yes Port Vale very bad for him, but still a fantastic keeper for us.
2.Andy HOLDSWORTH- Thought he has been good for us coming in midway through season, would keep but not play every game.
4.Paul SCOTT- Looked promising in games he played till he got that injury, would keep for next season, play in a defence midfield position.
5.Jim BENTLEY- Think his time may have come, time to become assistant manager or a higher coaching role in club
6.Craig STANLEY- Can't see him staying, good luck Craig!
7.Adam RUNDLE- Personally thought he was good on the right earlier in season, think Sammy should give him more of a chance.
8.Garry HUNTER- Still a good servant to the club, can play right midfield or emergency right back and done well in both, keep.
9.Chris SHUKER- Suprised Sammy hasn't played him more this season, in all the games i've seen him in he has impressed me, keep and play more next season Sammy!
10.Phil JEVONS- Top goalscorer but i would still get rid, does'nt look commited to the club anymore.
11.Neil WAINWRIGHT- Not seen too much of him, so i'd either send out on loan or get rid of him.
14.Jimmy SPENCER- Keep, been fantastic in his first full season as a profesional footballer in my books, if we can keep him it would be a big bonus.
15.Chris McCREADY- Looks commited to the club and is very strong at the back, think he would make a good captain if Sammy is to change captincy.
16.Stewart DRUMMOND- Not been his best season by far, but not say been his worst ever, looks better when Fleming is playing with him
17.Andrew FLEMING- Keep, was very impressive till injury eneded his season, hope he will stay and partner Drummond in midfield
18.Kevin HURST- Keep, looked good since coming from Carlisle, would prefer to be played in the center however.
19.Laurence WILSON- Decent season till again ended by injury, would keep if we can.
20.Stuart HENDRIE- Send out for half season on loan then bring back and maybe play him the odd time.
21.Paul MULLIN- Retired.
22.Andy PARRISH- Best player for us this season by a country mile, hope we keep him so our defence will become solid again.
24.Niall COWPERTHWAITE- Think he has been good at left-back saying its his first season, would keep after a promising start.
25.Chris WRAIGHTE- Not seen, can't judge.
26.Tony CAPALDI- Get out of our club!
27.Kieran CHARNOCK- Looked ok since coming in from Torquay, keep as back up for the defence, swapping him with McCready the odd time.
28.Will HAINING- Looked alot better since Sammy finally decided to play him, defence will be good with Will, Chris, Andy and Niall at back.
29.Scott BROWN- Thinks he has given our midfiled a bite when he has played, keep and play more.
30.Danny CARLTON- Been great having him back at the club, our attack has been alot better with him back. With his determination, would be a great captain.
31.Laurie WALKER- Heard he is'nt a very good keeper, id get rid personnaly.
33.Zac ALEY- On fringes of Rovers first team, cant see him staying.
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Re: Squad for next season?

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu May 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Pretty much agree with all that although I would kepp Jevons as he will has another year left on his contract and can still bring something to the team.

We should be going through the squad now seeing who should stay/go despite the bad season I don't think we are far off being a good team just need a bit of a clear out and a few more additions. Oh and a new manger! sorry sammy think your time has come new man needed with new ideas.
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Peckishparrish13 wrote:Been thinking what squad i would have for next season, what players id get rid and whih id send out on loan, here's my view:

1.Barry ROCHE- 100% keep, in half games this season he has kept us in, yes Port Vale very bad for him, but still a fantastic keeper for us.
2.Andy HOLDSWORTH- Thought he has been good for us coming in midway through season, would keep but not play every game.
4.Paul SCOTT- Looked promising in games he played till he got that injury, would keep for next season, play in a defence midfield position.
5.Jim BENTLEY- Think his time may have come, time to become assistant manager or a higher coaching role in club
7.Adam RUNDLE- Personally thought he was good on the right earlier in season, think Sammy should give him more of a chance.
8.Garry HUNTER- Still a good servant to the club, can play right midfield or emergency right back and done well in both, keep.
9.Chris SHUKER- Suprised Sammy hasn't played him more this season, in all the games i've seen him in he has impressed me, keep and play more next season Sammy!
10.Phil JEVONS- Top goalscorer but i would still get rid, does'nt look commited to the club anymore.
11.Neil WAINWRIGHT- Not seen too much of him, so i'd either send out on loan or get rid of him.
14.Jimmy SPENCER- Keep, been fantastic in his first full season as a profesional footballer in my books, if we can keep him it would be a big bonus.
15.Chris McCREADY- Looks commited to the club and is very strong at the back, think he would make a good captain if Sammy is to change captincy.
16.Stewart DRUMMOND- Not been his best season by far, but not say been his worst ever, looks better when Fleming is playing with him
17.Andrew FLEMING- Keep, was very impressive till injury eneded his season, hope he will stay and partner Drummond in midfield
18.Kevin HURST- Keep, looked good since coming from Carlisle, would prefer to be played in the center however.
19.Laurence WILSON- Decent season till again ended by injury, would keep if we can.
20.Stuart HENDRIE- Send out for half season on loan then bring back and maybe play him the odd time.
21.Paul MULLIN- Retired.
22.Andy PARRISH- Best player for us this season by a country mile, hope we keep him so our defence will become solid again.
24.Niall COWPERTHWAITE- Think he has been good at left-back saying its his first season, would keep after a promising start.
27.Kieran CHARNOCK- Looked ok since coming in from Torquay, keep as back up for the defence, swapping him with McCready the odd time.
28.Will HAINING- Looked alot better since Sammy finally decided to play him, defence will be good with Will, Chris, Andy and Niall at back.
29.Scott BROWN- Thinks he has given our midfiled a bite when he has played, keep and play more.
30.Danny CARLTON- Been great having him back at the club, our attack has been alot better with him back. With his determination, would be a great captain.

Not much room for new recruits going by who you would retain.
:o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:42 pm

Christies Child wrote:
Peckishparrish13 wrote:Been thinking what squad i would have for next season, what players id get rid and whih id send out on loan, here's my view:

21.Paul MULLIN- Retired.

Not much room for new recruits going by who you would retain.
:o :o :o

opps forgot about new recruits! Simon Hackney looks on his was out of Colchester so i'd bring him in...otherwise i think we will be okay :D
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby Morecambe Jack » Thu May 05, 2011 7:44 pm

CC is right (for once!), more will have to leave than you are suggesting if we are going to improve the squad for next season.
Morecambe Jack

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:CC is right (for once!), more will have to leave than you are suggesting if we are going to improve the squad for next season.

read above
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu May 05, 2011 7:51 pm

You also missed out clarke that captains the reserves on occasion!!!!??
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:52 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:You also missed out clarke that captains the reserves on occasion!!!!??

never seen him or heard of him to be frankly honest
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby George Dawes » Thu May 05, 2011 7:53 pm

its easier to say who to let go to make room for quality

Wainwright
Walker
Hunter(not L2 stuff and if he wasn't local etc)
Mullin(hanging up his boots)
Jevons(on loan let somebody else pay his wages)
Rundle(on loan let somebody else pay his wages)
Brown
Caphaldi
Bentley(to coach and scout)
Stanley(allegedly not good enough :? )

oh and Mark Lillis who must be on a fair wack if Jimbo coaches full time no point in having two when we've always got by with one right hand man
Last edited by George Dawes on Thu May 05, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George Dawes

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 pm

I would attempt to offload Rundle. I think that Jevons has looked loads better in his new position in between midfield and attack, but I still can't decide between Carlton and Spencer! Simon Hackney would be a good signing. We need to fill up the gap on the left wing!
Little Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu May 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Is frank honest a new signing,ive never heard of him :o ,is he local???
shrimpnsave

Postby james456 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Be interesting to see if we pay up any contracts in order to free up some money.
james456

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:18 pm

keep if possible:

Roche
Parrish
Copperthwaite
Wilson (will probably leave)
Haining (will probably leave)
McCready
Hunter (squad)
Drummie (one more year)
Jimmy Spencer
DC (squad)
Flemo
Hurst

We already have the nucleus of a decent 11, we just lack in a few vital area; quick tricky winger, prolific goalscoring forward and possibly another central defender. Anybody brought in this summer has got to be better than the above. There is no point in shelling the squad players to bring in other bench warmers.
RedRedWine1

Postby Harry » Thu May 05, 2011 8:26 pm

Despite what many people think, I reckon we have the basis of a good first XI for next season. We need another central midfielder and probably a winger but mostly we need more strength in depth.
Harry

Postby Little Shrimp » Thu May 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Harry wrote:Despite what many people think, I reckon we have the basis of a good first XI for next season. We need another central midfielder and probably a winger but mostly we need more strength in depth.

Bencherif and Hackney?
Little Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Thu May 05, 2011 8:44 pm

id like something like this next season

4 4 2 diamond shape midfield with attacking fullbacks and the team having a you score 3 will score 4 attitude

--------------Roche
Holdsworth Parrish McCready Wilson
-----------Scot/Haining
Shuker-------------------???????
---------------Hurst
--------???????--Carlton/Spencer
George Dawes

Postby Harry » Thu May 05, 2011 8:46 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:
Harry wrote:Despite what many people think, I reckon we have the basis of a good first XI for next season. We need another central midfielder and probably a winger but mostly we need more strength in depth.

Bencherif and Hackney?

Why not
Harry

Postby Peckishparrish13 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:48 pm

George Dawes wrote:id like something like this next season

4 4 2 diamond shape midfield with attacking fullbacks and the team having a you score 3 will score 4 attitude

--------------Roche
-----------Scot/Haining
---------------Hurst

Hackney on left and possibly carlton and spencer up front would make that a fantastic formation
JIMBOS BARMY ARMY!
Peckishparrish13

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu May 05, 2011 8:49 pm

George Dawes wrote:id like something like this next season

--------------Roche
-----------Scot/Haining
---------------Hurst

Will Shuker be here :?: doubt it
shrimpnsave

Postby MORECAMBE_RULE » Thu May 05, 2011 8:50 pm

21.Paul MULLIN- Retired.

Agree with you, but would keep Jevons, he's picked a good time to find some form. Get rid of Brown, the guy has no talent and runs around like a headless talent. Bite is good but without the talent it is pointless. Also get rid of Charnock, he has more bad games than good, and I think he is a bit of a liability. Also, I wouldnt say Spencer has been fantastic, he's been good and can be a handful, but until I see some goals, I wouldnt bother with him.
1 Notts County 46 65 93
2 Bournemouth 46 17 83
3 Rochdale 46 34 82
4 SHRIMPS 46 9 73
MORECAMBE_RULE

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:58 pm

Spencer is young and has plenty of potential. He will only get better the more games he plays. If Uddersfield go up he might be available as I can't see him being part of their plans in the championship.

Chris Shuker has been the biggest disappointment of the season. Came with a decent CV and has not lived up to the billing, despite a number of chances. I think nobody will stop him boarding a plan to New Zealand this summer.

Jevons goal return is shocking, he is supposed to be the senior professional at the club. The go to guy. Take away the hattrick against cannon fodder Stockport County and the penaltys and it paints a sorry picture. If his contract expired tomorrow I woldn't keep him.
RedRedWine1

Postby shrimper » Thu May 05, 2011 9:07 pm

Don't see the attraction with Hackney, sorry.

For me..
Roche, Parrish, Fleming, Cowperthwaite and McCreadie are the only ones I'd definitely want to keep.

Others? Depends on if we can bring in better players or not.

I'd be happy to see Hunter and Drummond stay as they rarely let us down.

Charnock is a decent squad player.

I'd like us to sign Hurst, as long as we can do that without taking up too much of the budget we'll need to bring in other players.

I'd also be happy to sign Carlton and Spencer as long as we also bring in another two forwards, one of them a winger/striker.

The rest could go, for me.

I'd like Wilson and Haining to stay because I rate them both highly but only if I could be sure they'd be committed to the cause and desperate to perform well, week in week out. I'm not sure Haining wants to be here and Wilson has looked as if his mind is elsewhere in recent weeks.

I'd have wanted Stanners to stay but it looks like that one's gone now.

We all know what we need and we may need to splash out a bit of money on two or three top calibre targets.

We probably could only do that by shipping others out and that's not easy.

We probably need to have a leaner squad with a good first eleven and then a few versatile players who can cover a few positions - but not replacements for every position.

I, too, think that, despite what has gone on this season, we're only a few players off having a decent first 11.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm

Definite releases for me would be Scott Brown, Chris Shuker (major disappointment), Adam Rundle and Hendrie (5 year deal or no 5 year deal). Laurie Walker will be off as well. No doubt there.

Like Shrimper, well impressed with Hurst and also, Will Haining would be one of the first names on my teamsheet.

Drummy, again, continues to impress and has another 12 months in him at least at this level.

Good times are around the corner. :D
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby George Dawes » Thu May 05, 2011 9:12 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
Chris Shuker has been the biggest disappointment of the season. Came with a decent CV and has not lived up to the billing, despite a number of chances. I think nobody will stop him boarding a plan to New Zealand this summer.

errr no he hasn't.

he only started 2/3 games in his position at the start of the season when Sammy played the infamous failed 451 system but Shuker looked dangerous runnning and crossing the ball in them games but it was only in vain to lazy bones(Jevons) upfront stood on his own with his hands on his hips

since then he's been constantly messed about played out of position or brought on as sub with minutes to go

Shuker as not been given a fair chance.
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu May 05, 2011 9:17 pm

George Dawes wrote:
RedRedWine wrote:

errr no he hasn't.

he only started 2/3 games in his position at the start of the season when Sammy played the infamous failed 451 system but Shuker looked dangerous runnning and crossing the ball in them games but it was only in vain to lazy bones(Jevons) upfront stood on his own with his hands on his hips

since then he's been constantly messed about played out of position or brought on as sub with minutes to go

Shuker as not been given a fair chance.

He wont be here next season................
shrimpnsave

Next

Return to General Discussion