Stanley Leaves

Stanley Leaves

Postby redshrimp10 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:29 pm

craig stanley says he's not going to be playing for morecambe again ( who can say they blame him ) but he is going to be at the awards on sat night
Stanley confirms Morecambe departure
Published on Wednesday 4 May 2011 12:24

CRAIG Stanley has confirmed on Twitter that he is leaving Morecambe.

The midfielder was available for the final game of the season at home to Northampton on Saturday following the end of his loan spell at Torquay United, but revealed he has played his final game for the Shrimps.

The former Hereford man posted on Twitter yesterday (Tuesday, May 3): “Meant to be training tday but been told not to cum in and also 4 the game sat! But I’ll be at player year do to say my goodbyes!”

Stanley, whose performances have helped Torquay into the League 2 play-off places, last week expressed his desire to return to the South Coast when his Shrimps contract expires at the end of the season.

o say his good byes..
redshrimp10

Re: Stanley Leaves

Postby P/T Indie » Wed May 04, 2011 3:40 pm

The former Hereford man posted on Twitter yesterday (Tuesday, May 3): “Meant to be training tday but been told not to cum in and also 4 the game sat! But I’ll be at player year do to say my goodbyes!”

What a shame that he has been told he can't come in and train or be around on Sat.

It's good of him to come Sat night as he would be well within his rights not to bother.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby marky No.1 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:30 pm

I suspect we will need a rather large revolving door in the next few weeks. Good luck Stanners! ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Wed May 04, 2011 5:05 pm

My first reaction when reading this was not very complimentary towards whoever gave Stanners the news. However having given it more thought it's understandable that if he wasn't going to be picked , there seemed little point in him coming to train or for turning up as part of the squad on Saturady.

Pleased though that Stanners will be at the do on Saturady night. The best way to show our appreciation for his time with us can be shown at the presentation evening....
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby alwaysright » Wed May 04, 2011 7:51 pm

I think Craig has been treated very poorly by the hopefully not too long to be manager of Morecambe Fc. Fair play to Stanners for attending the presentation
alwaysright

Postby dazza » Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 pm

by this does this mean that sammy will be signing a new contract,,,,,,,otherwise wont craig still be officially be contracted till around the 30th of june ,??
by which time if sammy was to have decided ( sammy decided not me) that he had, had enough wont there possibly a new manager in place who may be very keen to keep craig at the club , all hyperthetically speaking of course....
also if sammy is or isnt to be staying should it not be sorted out one way or another soon,, otherwise who is going to decide who will and who wont be offered new contracts,,,,, but in the meantime if the club is struggling i could decide for them....lol..
****dazza****
dazza

Postby outsider » Wed May 04, 2011 8:15 pm

By the look of it even if we offer him a new contract he would turn it down. Think he must like the South coast
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed May 04, 2011 8:50 pm

Good luck Stanners!

The way in which he has been treated by the club is shocking.
heysham_mfc

Postby Seasider9601 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:52 pm

Why can't he even come to the game though ?? I don't get that bit. Pardon my ignorance.

We should buy him a ticket for the MBW then WE can say our goodbyes to him.

Stanners deserves so much better than this treatment.
Last edited by Seasider9601 on Wed May 04, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Posh » Wed May 04, 2011 8:53 pm

It's all been said before but Stanners leaving has been the biggest blight on this season for me. He's shown at Torquay that he's a quality player and despite being a committed Morecambe player who played for the love of the club and bought a house locally, who can blame him for going where he's wanted. So sorry I won't be there to say goodbye. Cracking bloke who'll be sorely missed.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Keith » Wed May 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Posh wrote:It's all been said before but Stanners leaving has been the biggest blight on this season for me. He's shown at Torquay that he's a quality player and despite being a committed Morecambe player who played for the love of the club and bought a house locally, who can blame him for going where he's wanted. So sorry I won't be there to say goodbye. Cracking bloke who'll be sorely missed.

Hmm, regularly the best player in a team that have been on a good run since he joined them, who are now in the play offs, is not good enough for a team that was not safe from relegation until the second to last game of the season???

Just checking?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Wed May 04, 2011 10:29 pm

I for one would hope sammy shakes Craigs Hand...............
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby ezz » Thu May 05, 2011 10:02 am

To be fair if work told me to not come in and still be paid......i'd be delerious
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Minder » Thu May 05, 2011 12:16 pm

I have it on good authority that some of our corporate guests at the last home game all voted for Stanners as player of the season !!!!!
Christies Minder

Postby the stowford press » Thu May 05, 2011 3:06 pm

if he wasnt needed or wanted for the last game surely the decent thing would have been to let him play in the play-offs for torquay,yet another top player made to leave,what a bitter man sammy is,shame craig is leaving and not sammy
the stowford press

Postby ezz » Thu May 05, 2011 3:25 pm

I don't think it was possible for him to do that whether we let him or not
Get over it ;)
ezz

Couldnt Morecambe cancel his contract leaving Craig

Postby Arnside Red » Thu May 05, 2011 7:19 pm

a free agent, Torquay could then sign him and he would be eligable to play in the play offs, this could have been done weeks ago when it was obviuos he wasnt wanted by the current management team, by not doing that we have scuppered his chances of the play off..........
Arnside Red

Postby Harry » Thu May 05, 2011 8:29 pm

He wasn't a free agent in the last transfer window though, dems the rules.
Harry

xheers, I thought there

Postby Arnside Red » Fri May 06, 2011 6:03 pm

must be some daft rule, a mate of mine, a torquay fan was talking to Craig a couple of weeks ago, deffo wouldnt ever come back esp if management team remains the same
Arnside Red

Postby MfcChris » Fri May 06, 2011 7:04 pm

I thought it was some 93 day rule.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Return to General Discussion