Season ticket

Season ticket

Postby Loglayer » Thu May 05, 2011 1:54 pm

I've just received my season ticket renewal form. It's £270 for the home stand, I don't think I will be renewing it.
Two reasons really.
(1) it's been a really really poor season, we have servived but I expected a little bit more.
(2) times are a lot harder this year and £270 is a lot of money.
I think I will probably choose the games to attend next season and pay on the gate.
Loglayer

Re: Season ticket

Postby Joelinho » Thu May 05, 2011 2:01 pm

I'm with you on that one. I don't understand how the club can justify raising the prices after a season like that.

I think I'll pick and choose which games I attend.
Last edited by Joelinho on Thu May 05, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joelinho

Postby Duffman » Thu May 05, 2011 2:04 pm

Is that the MBW stand with an early bird discount? If so that's a £15 increase on last seasons early bird price which I presume will be put down to the VAT rise and inflation.

Looks like a possible £1 increase on match day too.
Duffman

Postby morecambegeek » Thu May 05, 2011 2:07 pm

I was in two minds to whether to renew or not, and this has just made up my mind.
morecambegeek

Postby Seasider9601 » Thu May 05, 2011 2:09 pm

Sure I paid £285 for mine this season for the MBW ?? Didn't buy it in advance though, admitedly.

In the current financial climate and with what we have experienced this season, can see a few not renewing unfortunately. :(

I'll be renewing, but only because I've been saving up for ages TO renew it.

Sammy's new signings and released list could be crucial ..............
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby Loyalsupporter » Thu May 05, 2011 2:22 pm

I have a feeling the answer will be no

but

Aren't season ticket holders entitled to 10% off

Buy a lifetime ticket.......... (an then get a job where you work weekends, like me)
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Duffman » Thu May 05, 2011 2:24 pm

£285 was the normal price after the initial early bird offer the club usually offer.
Duffman

Postby ezz » Thu May 05, 2011 3:22 pm

That was this season, has noone told you we'll be top of the league by next christmas?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 05, 2011 5:10 pm

The club must think that there are 2 CC's :? as I've received the details TWICE via First Class Wells Fargo.

:o :o :o
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:17 pm

Christies Child wrote:The club must think that there are 2 CC's :? as I've received the details TWICE via First Class Wells Fargo.

Surely it is only fair they charge you for 2 seats. One for you, and one for your ego!

watch out there may be a few other reasons to follow :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Christies Child » Thu May 05, 2011 5:27 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:The club must think that there are 2 CC's :? as I've received the details TWICE via First Class Wells Fargo.

Surely it is only fair they charge you for 2 seats. One for you, and one for your ego!

YOU watch out as WE may be sitting closer to you next season...... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky No.1 » Thu May 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Christies Child wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:

YOU watch out as WE may be sitting closer to you next season...... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

O.M.G. :o
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Wild Bill » Thu May 05, 2011 5:46 pm

Loglayer wrote:I've just received my season ticket renewal form. It's £270 for the home stand, I don't think I will be renewing it.
Two reasons really.
(1) it's been a really really poor season, we have servived but I expected a little bit more.
(2) times are a lot harder this year and £270 is a lot of money.
I think I will probably choose the games to attend next season and pay on the gate.

I am sure next season will be a better experience, with a clear-out of players and possibly a new management team.

Still, many will struggle to fork out the best part of £300 for a season ticket. Myself included, who has recently been made unemployed. Surely it would make sense to have a decent early bird deal to get some funds in to finance a transfer or two? I hope match day prices don't go up either as that will reduce attendances even more. Its too expensive as it is already for a struggling town like Morecambe...
Wild Bill

Postby outsider » Thu May 05, 2011 6:02 pm

Can I just say what a great thing the club is doing by making u11 season tickets for The North Terrace, MBW and PMG-E Block, FREE.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Caged Lion » Thu May 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Loyalsupporter wrote:I have a feeling the answer will be no

but

Buy a lifetime ticket.......... (an then get a job where you work weekends, like me)

Lifetime tickets not such a good idea for me and Mrs Lion, we need to live at least 10 more years to get value for money :o
Caged Lion

Postby Harry » Thu May 05, 2011 8:23 pm

outsider wrote:Can I just say what a great thing the club is doing by making u11 season tickets for The North Terrace, MBW and PMG-E Block, FREE.

Fantastic news! My brother turns 11 in September :lol:
Harry

Postby Keith » Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Caged Lion wrote:

but

Lifetime tickets not such a good idea for me and Mrs Lion, we need to live at least 10 more years to get value for money :o

Living out of the country I was never really get value for money on my Life Season Ticket. Then I started taking photos, so now I don't use it anyway! :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Caged Lion wrote:

but

I hope youu don't die within 10 years, but I think you can transfer it to somebody else or leave it in a will within the first 10 years of having one. After that then it's spent and the purchasers for life. Not sure if I'm making this up, but I'm sure somebody was telling me all about it a few years ago. I was going to get one but blew all my savings on being a tax dodging scumbag for 4 years and going on holidays. Riddled!!!
RedRedWine1

Postby Caged Lion » Thu May 05, 2011 10:39 pm

RedRedWine wrote:I was going to get one but blew all my savings on being a tax dodging scumbag for 4 years and going on holidays. Riddled!!!

That makes sense RRW.

Imagine being willed a lifetime seat to watch Morecambe? My kids would disown me :lol:
Caged Lion

Postby bill ding » Fri May 06, 2011 8:51 am

Caged Lion wrote:

but

Touch and go there then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Pobble » Fri May 06, 2011 9:34 am

ABSOLUTELY BLOODY AMAZING THAT THE CLUB HAVE THE CHEEK TO PUT A 13.5% INCREASE ON IN TIMES THAT ARE TOUGH FOR EVERYBODY, AND NOT EVEN A LETTER OF EXPLANATION.
THIS IS APART FROM NOT GIVING US VALUE FOR MONEY THIS SEASON BY PRODUCING TOTAL CRAP TO WATCH IN MOST OF THE GAMES.
EVEN THE MOST AVID SUPPORTERS, IF COMMONSENSE PREVAILS, WILL HAVE TO ADMIT THAT THIS IS A PR DISASTER ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD, NO DOUBT THEY WILL COMPLETE THE MADNESS BY RENEWING THE MANAGERS CONTRACT NEXT WEEK AND SAYING TO THE SUPPORTERS "TOUGHT TITTY, IF YOU DON`T LIKE IT DON`T COME"
I KNOW QUITE A FEW ARDENT MFC FANS WHO SIT NEAR ME IN THE PMG STAND WERE CONSIDERING NOT RENEWING THEIR TICKETS, AND THAT WAS LAST WEEK BEFORE WE ALL FOUND OUT THE HIKE IN PRICES.
JUST AS A MATTER OF INFORMATION I HAVE MADE A FEW PHONE CALLS THIS MORNING TO FRIENDS WHO ARE SUPPORTERS OF OTHER CLUBS AND IT TURNS OUT WE ARE CHARGING MORE FOR THE EQUIVALENT SEATS AT HULL, NOTTS FOREST, BLACKBURN, BRADFORD AND HUDDERSFIELD. !!!!!!!

I NOW EXPECT CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO POST UNDER A THREE LETTER NAME, TO SAY GO AND WATCH THESE TEAMS. THE REMARK WOULD BE BOLLOCKS BUT I WOULD SEE BETTER FOOTBALL (MAYBE NOT AT BRADFORD)
Pobble

Postby Seasider9601 » Fri May 06, 2011 10:02 am

Ok, ok. Don't shout !!!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby BHmfc » Fri May 06, 2011 10:25 am

Not renewing mine if McIlroy still in charge,enough said !!!!!!!!!!!
BHmfc

Postby ezz » Fri May 06, 2011 10:36 am

I think its great value for money, I might just buy two just incase I lose one
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby MfcChris » Fri May 06, 2011 12:48 pm

Bad fans.

How can you not want to watch the team you 'support'.
"Supporting a football club is about much more than watching football on a Saturday afternoon. It is about the emotional attachment that people have with a club that sticks with them for life"
MfcChris

Next

Return to General Discussion