Statue

Re: Statue

Postby RedRedWine1 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:51 pm

Get one of Thora Hird... inkeeping with the rest of the ground Churcill Stairlifts might even sponsor it if they're still going.

Failing that a massive White Elephant would do the job...
RedRedWine1

Postby thegentlegiant » Mon May 02, 2011 11:08 pm

J.B. Christie
thegentlegiant

Postby Mighty Red » Mon May 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Keith Fitton
Mighty Red

Postby ezz » Tue May 03, 2011 6:34 am

Michael jackson?
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue May 03, 2011 6:39 am

Beat it!
RedRedWine1

Postby dave wilky » Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 am

Michael Twiss, thommo, curtis and carlton...with jim holding league 2 trophy..in bronze world cup 66 style
dave wilky

Postby HALMA 1983 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:42 am

For me the only statue i'd like to see is one of Sir Jim Bentley showing just what winning really means at the final whistle

Passion,desire and that never say die attitude of a born leader! Could be a good while before anyone comes along who can influence others in the same manner
HALMA 1983

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:11 am

heysham_mfc wrote:Talking about that land at the front of the ground while it's not being used could we not level it off and put some grass on it or something it's not really a good first impression people get when coming to the Globe for the first time.

I don't get why we don't just tarmac it, mark it out as car parking spaces and charge a few quid per match to park on there !!!

Instant Revenue !!!!!!!! (And keeps the Westgate residents happy(ish) .......)

Mr Dixon ?!!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Postby marky No.1 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:00 pm

Seasider9601 wrote:I don't get why we don't just tarmac it, mark it out as car parking spaces and charge a few quid per match to park on there !!!

Instant Revenue !!!!!!!! (And keeps the Westgate residents happy(ish) .......)

May sound an easy fix solution but you would have to take other things into account

1. The land is currently for sale so any development would be a waste of money as new owners would do their own thing

2. there is outline permission for hotel, fast food and shops so further permission would be needed to make it into a car park (similar to what Booths did at Carnforth as they couldn't sell either - the most expensive car park ever! IMO)

3. tarmac would cost an arm and a leg anyway and a perimeter fence would also be needed to stop traffic coming in once the area is flattened

4. Business Rates will be "reasonably" low on a rough area that can't be used. Once you change it they are instantly wanting loadsofmoney and quite frankly unless it was used most days of the week, like a city centre car park, it just wouldn'y pay

I agree, the longer it goes on the worse it looks and gives the impression of not being finished :(

I am sure the powers that be have it all in hand. I can imagine they have a priority list of "to do's" in the close season.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Also surface water highway drainage charges would be quite steep. It isn't unheard of for a property with a carpark (such as a pub) to be forking out £3k a year for such a facility. To turn each grassed banking into a carpark would probably incurr double that amount at the Globe, money in the slush fund of those ball washing pricks at united utilities. I don't think there is the demand at the moment for a larger carpark, certainly not enough to make it pay.
RedRedWine1

Postby Seasider9601 » Tue May 03, 2011 12:41 pm

Evidently I am not knowledgable in such matters as drainage and costs etc ... !! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Sure it will get sorted in time.

Anyway, back to topic then, J.B. Christie for me !!
Never forget your history
Seasider9601

Previous

Return to General Discussion