Taxi for mcilroy and quite a few of the poor players !!

Re: Taxi for mcilroy and quite a few of the poor players !!

Postby Wild Bill » Sun May 01, 2011 9:54 am

Dysie wrote:[quote=Harry]

Burnley where despite a loss we all had a whale of a time?

Tonking Stockport 5-0 featuring hurricane conditions as pre-match entertainment?

Losing 1-0 to Torquay but turning it round to 2-1 in the final minutes with a combination of Wilson and Duffy?

Singing for 90 minutes against Southend? (Just can't get enough)

Danny Carlton's cracking goal against Burton a few weeks back? Best goal from us I've seen at the Globe.

Plenty to have been excited about!

So that's 5 things to be excited about in 50+ games and one had nothing to do the football action.... So 4 it is![/quote]

To be fair that is just the home highlights. Apart from yesterday we have generally had better away results on the road. Overall though, a poor season. Lets see 11 men fighting for their contracts and give Northampton a thumping!
Wild Bill

Postby marky » Sun May 01, 2011 10:55 am

Where do people get this idea from that we've been so much better away from home? We've actually lost 4 more games away than we have at home and we've only won 1 more. We've actually gained more points at home than we have away. We've conceded 42 goals away from home (13 more than at home (and yes, I'm aware 7 of them came yesterday but it would still have been more)). We've only scored 3 more away. Is it not more true to say that people remember things like the Chesterfield match and are trying to equate this to an entire season? I'd also suggest that the general feeling around away games (the atmosphere amongst travelling fans, etc) makes it seem like the football has been better than it really has. No, we've been equally s**t home and away this season and I'd quite like it if Sammy McIlroy and his interviewers stopped peddling the myth that first season at the globe blues has anything to do with how poor we've been.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby morecambegeek » Sun May 01, 2011 11:22 am

Was he worse than McCready though, who did sign a two year contract?

Artell at least weighed in with a decent return of goals.
morecambegeek

Previous

Return to General Discussion